Kate Bell's

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Default Kate Bell's

My husband wanted to go to see the comedy act. We had no idea that you had to reserve a table, nor did we know there was a minimum charge of $10 per person. No problem, we could sit upstairs.

However, we could not order any food or even munchies. They were serving food downstairs. So we could peer over the railing and look at them eating.

I asked why no food? The waitress said the manager decided against it and they were just doing a favor to stay open upstairs.. Wow!

I am not a big drinking woman, after 2 drinks and no snacks I felt bombed. Thank goodness I did not have to drive.

Needless to say we were disappointed.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Default Re: Kate Bell's

I had thought about going but did not see the minimum or seeing a sign saying we needed reservations. The minimum would not have been a problem but I am a cheap drunk so 2 drinks and no snacks would make me ---- well it would not be a pretty sight.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Veteran member

We were there mon. pm and had a great time. Terrific entertainment......had burgers, pork barbecue and a beer each and danced until 10pm. More than enough to cover a $5.00 minimum per person. $5.00 is certainly inexpensive enough for wonderful entertainment plus it keeps those that only have a glass of water all evening outside. Entertainment's not free folks. If you like it, pay the min. and don't complain. If not don't go. There are plenty of us who will fill those seats.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:36 PM

We go and pay much more then the minimum and don't complain. Always great entertanment and food. I just had not known that registration was needed on Sunday night or that there was a minimun.
We love Katie Belles. Always spend a lot and leave large tips. I have seen people sit all night and leave only one or two dollars tip.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Veteran member

My mistake, sorry didn't realize reservations were needed on Sunday. We were there on a monday night and had a fabulous time. Agree with seeing the low tipsters. Only hurts themselves next time they want extra service. Cover charge also helps to keep the staff available. No minimums and no waitstaff if customers only have water and then leave no tip.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:39 AM
Platinum member

TWENTY DOLLAR ($20) charge for the show the other night I am told. Boy has Kattie Belles changed. So Cattle Baron Club is closed?

Skip
Old 11-27-2007, 09:54 AM

Minimum last night was $15 per person and 20% gratuity. You were able to choose your table when you made your reservations. There were 2 Donna Moore/Dunning Shaw shows and the minimum was per show if you stayed for both. Not really a bad deal for the show they put on AND we did not have to get there 2 hours early to get a table. We had dinner and a couple drinks so spent our minimum with none left over. What brought this on is people coming in and sipping ice tea or water all night long. Yes it is a residents club but entertainment is not cheap and some take advantage of it.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Veteran member

Does Kate Bell's normally have a minimum or is it for special entertainment? Is it advertised anywhere when this happens? ???
Old 11-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We're going to see the comedy show on the 9th, our friends have been before and they said tickets are $20 which includes $13 that can be used for food or drink.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickY
Does Kate Bell's normally have a minimum or is it for special entertainment? Is it advertised anywhere when this happens? ???
Last I can remember there was a $5.00 minimum but not sure it is enforced or still there. This higher minimum is for special entertainment only. So far for The God Father and Donna Moore/Dunning Shaw. The only place I saw notice of this was on a sign outside Katie Belles. It really should be advertised so people are not caught by surprise.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut
We're going to see the comedy show on the 9th, our friends have been before and they said tickets are $20 which includes $13 that can be used for food or drink.
Donna Moore/Dunning Shaw was entirely to be used for food and drinks. No extra charge.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.