Katie Belle's Loo

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2011, 09:54 PM

From my experience Katie Bell's is much nicer than this
The Villages Florida
Old 03-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Veteran member
Default Iowa 2-holer

I understand the typical Iowa 2-holer outhouse is a 2 story outhouse. You do not want to use the first floor hole.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Default K B Rest Room

I have been there over a dozen times and it stunk three years ago, it stank the last time I was there and has usually had an oder problem and air exchange problem -- In Illinois they would close it until remedied and reinspected !!!!!!!!!!! Phew !!!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
I was in Katie Bells this weekend for their Sunday brunch and had the misfortune of needing to use their restroom. All I can say is that the odor of urine was overwhelming and the large waste basket was overflowing onto the floor. I’ve seen cleaner restrooms at gas stations.

For a TV owned and operated restaurant, this was surprising. I see no need to return.
Ed, first off you live in Mass and probably voted for Kennedy, secondly you list Stonecrest as your village. You must be a resident or a guest of a resident to enter KB. I don't see a response from your sponsor to enter KB so maybe you shouldn't be there. Try the Stonecrest dancing hall. Your posts are mostly negative concerning TV.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Gold member

First of all, I lived in Mass when I joined this forum three years ago but I’m now a permanent resident of Florida. And why are you trying to put a political spin on this?

Secondly, if you’re going to live in a community, you owe it to yourself to learn the rules and regulations. The Sunday buffet at Katie Belle’s is open to the public.

Thirdly, contrary to your opinion, I believe this is perhaps the first negative post about TV that I’ve made in over 400 posts. And it's not about TV in general, just a TV O&O restaurant, so I really don’t know where your “mostly negative” idea is coming from.

I really hope other TOTV members don’t feel this way about me.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Sage

Bill
Old 03-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Eternal Member

Old 03-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
I know I don't, Ed, I've met you in person and you're a super guy. Lots of fun.
In my opinion, I think most of the lavs in TV are pretty awful. From what I've heard from the staff at restaurants, the managers assign a newbie server the responsibility to keep the latrine's clean and stocked. That's okay maybe in a smaller restaurant, but in a large place like KB's, its got to be a daunting task. I don't understand why they don't have nice odor releasing machines in all bathrooms. Makes for a slightly nicer environment. Also, its us patrons that make it a mess, speaks volumes about us, doesn't it.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
First of all, I lived in Mass when I joined this forum three years ago but I’m now a permanent resident of Florida. And why are you trying to put a political spin on this?

Secondly, if you’re going to live in a community, you owe it to yourself to learn the rules and regulations. The Sunday buffet at Katie Belle’s is open to the public.

Thirdly, contrary to your opinion, I believe this is perhaps the first negative post about TV that I’ve made in over 400 posts. And it's not about TV in general, just a TV O&O restaurant, so I really don’t know where your “mostly negative” idea is coming from.

I will vote for you any day of the week. I don't know if you are an officer but you are a gentleman. AND well informed, intelligent, fair, articulate and ....although I am not supposed to notice,.... good looking.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginians View Post
From my experience Katie Bell's is much nicer than this
The Villages Florida
First off EdVin's posts are always pertinent, articulate and he appears to be a very intelligent gentleman. I always look forward to reading his posts.

The latrine shown above was one that I had to use in the Egyptian desert; unfortunately it was not enclosed and there were Egyptian men standing around tending to their camels. I'm still not over it.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Veteran member
Default I don't know him but ...

What the heck does it matter if Ed voted for a Kennedy? I voted for Spiro Agnew in Maryland.

I know Ed is right about Sunday brunch at Katie Belle being open to the public. If he wants to eat meals in The Villages, why not? Welcome to all - even if they did vote for Agnew.

I, personally, would have informed management of a filthy bathroom on the spot. That is something that is a health hazard to the entire restaurant and should not be tolerated in any restaurant.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:

i vote for ed...he's a fellow tomberlin owner!!!! and also smarter than most of the posters on here by far!!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Gold member

Kathie, Gracie, Duffysmom, Tbugs, and Redtail, thanks for the encouraging words. I do appreciate it. But since I ‘m open about where I actually live it leaves me vulnerable to an occasional pot shot from someone that doesn’t like something that I post.

The fact that I live in an adjacent community to TV does not preclude me from wanting to learn and share information about everything that happens in and around TV. And TOTV is the best place to go for that. The POA web site is also helpful, but usually not as timely since it’s a monthly.

But back to the subject at hand, let me mention a couple more things.

I don’t expect the manager or staff to be constantly monitoring the rest rooms. But we were there fairly early and the fact that a large four foot tall wastebasket was overflowing with used paper towels was the clue that the bathroom had not been checked in the morning and was left over from the Saturday night drinking and dancing revelers.

I normally would have talked to the manager because, as some of you know, I’m not shy about speaking my mind when it’s appropriate. But my friend had already stepped outside and I didn’t want to keep her hanging.

Well there was actually another reason I wanted to split. Somebody in one of the stalls was having a real tough time of it. For a minute I thought someone was giving birth in there.

Ed
Old 03-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Kathie, Gracie, Duffysmom, Tbugs, and Redtail, thanks for the encouraging words. I do appreciate it. But since I ‘m open about where I actually live it leaves me vulnerable to an occasional pot shot from someone that doesn’t like something that I post.

The fact that I live in an adjacent community to TV does not preclude me from wanting to learn and share information about everything that happens in and around TV. And TOTV is the best place to go for that. The POA web site is also helpful, but usually not as timely since it’s a monthly.

But back to the subject at hand, let me mention a couple more things.

I don’t expect the manager or staff to be constantly monitoring the rest rooms. But we were there fairly early and the fact that a large four foot tall wastebasket was overflowing with used paper towels was the clue that the bathroom had not been checked in the morning and was left over from the Saturday night drinking and dancing revelers.

I normally would have talked to the manager because, as some of you know, I’m not shy about speaking my mind when it’s appropriate. But my friend had already stepped outside and I didn’t want to keep her hanging.

Well there was actually another reason I wanted to split. Somebody in one of the stalls was having a real tough time of it. For a minute I thought someone was giving birth in there.

Ed
um...well...T M I....but I do understand.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
.......Well there was actually another reason I wanted to split. Somebody in one of the stalls was having a real tough time of it. For a minute I thought someone was giving birth in there.

Ed
Perhaps the source of the 'Iraqi latrine' aroma? Call the manager - have the guy tossed...... Ha-ha!

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.