Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Just another broken promise
Remember when you took your fist tour of the Villages
Katie Bells was touted as this YOUR entertainment spot and restaurant
Broken Promises?

Like makers of VCR's, boxy televisions, record players, carbon paper, typewriters, phone books, buggy whips....on and on. All great items that when invented, no one saw the end. But progress happens. Get over it.
Old 08-22-2020, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

The rationale for the original Katie Belle's closure by many posters here on TOTV was freeloading residents sipping water with lemon. I failed to see water with lemon sippers since Katie Belle's moved upstairs.Minimum spend limits, cover charges, raised prices, cut hours, and limited space apparently wasn't the magic formula. Plus all that space downstairs was supposedly extremely valuable retail space. Go ahead off the top of your head name the stores that went into the old Katie Belle's space (not Chico's - was there before the change). Whats' the rationale now? Apparently old folks homes are more profitable than restaurants. An old folks home most likely will only benefit a few dwellers and the owner not 120 K plus residents or downtown retailers. The winds of change are blowing in some not so fragrant aromas.
Old 08-22-2020, 11:29 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
The rationale for the original Katie Belle's closure by many posters here on TOTV was freeloading residents sipping water with lemon. I failed to see water with lemon sippers since Katie Belle's moved upstairs.Minimum spend limits, cover charges, raised prices, cut hours, and limited space apparently wasn't the magic formula. Plus all that space downstairs was supposedly extremely valuable retail space. Go ahead off the top of your head name the stores that went into the old Katie Belle's space (not Chico's - was there before the change). Whats' the rationale now? Apparently old folks homes are more profitable than restaurants. An old folks home most likely will only benefit a few dwellers and the owner not 120 K plus residents or downtown retailers. The winds of change are blowing in some not so fragrant aromas.
In your prior life, did you work for or own a business whose operating plan was "let's keep losing money when options are available"?

What normal person would think that makes sense?
Old 08-22-2020, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Store

Quote:
The store that went in is Soft Surrounding a very nice woman' boutique that I shop at frequently.
Old 08-22-2020, 11:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
In your prior life, did you work for or own a business whose operating plan was "let's keep losing money when options are available"?

What normal person would think that makes sense?
If the developer can't make money downtown in his own business what chance does a tenant renting space from him have ? I don't believe the developer was loosing money on Katie Belle's before and after the change.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
If the developer can't make money downtown in his own business what chance does a tenant renting space from him have ? I don't believe the developer was loosing money on Katie Belle's before and after the change.
Just like the rest of us, you have no idea or access to whether or not the developer was losing or making money. But I'm still curious about your answer to the previous question.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Just like the rest of us, you have no idea or access to whether or not the developer was losing or making money. But I'm still curious about your answer to the previous question.
I think your response of "you have no idea or access to whether or not the developer was losing money" applies equally as well as my response to your question.

FYI the federal government employs about one third of the US population. I do believe they are losing money.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I think your response of "you have no idea or access to whether or not the developer was losing money" applies equally as well as my response to your question.

FYI the federal government employs about one third of the US population. I do believe they are losing money.
////////

Last edited by Jayhawk; 08-22-2020 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:31 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:

You don't have to have access to a companies financial books to figure out that when it closes they obviously weren't making money.

The federal government isn't a business in no shape or form, it's not supposed to make a profit. Apples and watermelon comparison.

When the government needs more money they raise taxes, a business can't force people to buy at their establishment so it has enough money to stay afloat.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:33 PM
Platinum member

Since the redo, I couldn't understand why they were not open on all the nights that The Sharon had shows especially on Sundays. A missed opportunity to make money and they missed it. So many restaurants are into the high top tables and a lot of people just find them uncomfortable.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
Since the redo, I couldn't understand why they were not open on all the nights that The Sharon had shows especially on Sundays. A missed opportunity to make money and they missed it. So many restaurants are into the high top tables and a lot of people just find them uncomfortable.
Maybe because a bunch of cruising old Villagers drinking Lake County Cocktails (water and lemon) just wasn't justification to be open.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

In the beginning the food was very good (07) first visit Then went to ok, (2010) then mediocre at best. I think that was the last time we were there
Old 08-22-2020, 02:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
So many restaurants are into the high top tables and a lot of people just find them uncomfortable.
I'm with you about those pub tables. HATE THEM! I am short and don't want to sit in a chair that I need a ladder to climb into. Just don't understand the appeal.

kathy
Old 08-22-2020, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Maybe because a bunch of cruising old Villagers drinking Lake County Cocktails (water and lemon) just wasn't justification to be open.
We were not here than but several people have commented that they did have minimums.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.