Kentucky Fried Chicken

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Platinum member
Default Kentucky Fried Chicken

Wife and I thought we'd try something quick and cheap by getting the "all you can eat" buffet with the senior's discount at the KFC on Rt. 441. To make a long story short, the restaurant was disgusting. All the trash containers inside the restaurant were so overflowing, patrons were piling up their trays with their dinner left overs in piles over a foot high on top of the empty tray shelves because there was no way you could jam another one in the trash can. On top of this, the buffet table had tins over some of the food items because the roof was leaking water all over it and on the tile floor in front of it. We turned around and left to find another place to eat. The thing that amazed me, however, when we arrived, the long line of about 20 people waiting for food was still there. Simply amazing.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:53 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
Wife and I thought we'd try something quick and cheap by getting the "all you can eat" buffet with the senior's discount at the KFC on Rt. 441. To make a long story short, the restaurant was disgusting. All the trash containers inside the restaurant were so overflowing, patrons were piling up their trays with their dinner left overs in piles over a foot high on top of the empty tray shelves because there was no way you could jam another one in the trash can. On top of this, the buffet table had tins over some of the food items because the roof was leaking water all over it and on the tile floor in front of it. We turned around and left to find another place to eat. The thing that amazed me, however, when we arrived, the long line of about 20 people waiting for food was still there. Simply amazing.
KFC is part of Yum! Brands, and their website has a contact page. I'm sure they would appreciate your feedback. (one bad apple etc, etc)
http://www.yum.com/contact/Checkage.asp
Suffering from TV envy
Old 05-07-2009, 07:19 AM

I read they have all been overwhelmed by the free offer of grilled chicken that was announced on Oprah. That may be what happened at your restaurant. The coupon is good through something like 5/19 or 5/20. I was unable to print it out, so am not sure. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30609401/?gt1=43001
Old 05-07-2009, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

We were very surprised to find both KFC and the Burger King in THe Villages
DISGUSTING
Old 05-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR1234 View Post
Why is this surprising? TV is no different than any other part of the country when it comes to eating options. Unfortunately, fast food is an American way of life.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Why is this surprising? TV is no different than any other part of the country when it comes to eating options. Unfortunately, fast food is an American way of life.
On the line below that, the poster added DISGUSTING.

We too have not been impressed with the KFC in TV. Seems they are hit and miss in other areas of the country too.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Angry Kentucky Fried Chicken

I personnally love Country Fried Chicken but will not go to the one in the Villages. It is disgusting and was that way before Oprah gave away coupons. It is dirty, understaffed and the building is not maintained. It should be turned into the health department. Even the windows are dirty.....
Old 05-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR1234 View Post
DISGUSTING

What's so disgusting?

TV also has McDonalds, Applebees, Panera Bread, Ruby Tuesdays, Subway, Perkins, Kentucky Fried, The Panda Express and the list goes on.

This is America in the year 2009, what's so suprising?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 AM

Thanks Kayaker! I too find the place disgusting. I sent a message to the web site you provided.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The point here is NOT that KFC, McDonalds, Burger King or other fast food is disgusting....but that the KFC place on 441 is BAD and it should be looked into by the local health department. I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Default Called the Health Dept, on them (KFC in Spanish Springs) in 2005

I haven't been back there since 2005. Friend and I stopped in for the buffet.
FILTHY. NO PAPER TOWELS iin restroon. No napkins in the restaurant at all.
Food on the floor. Drink dispensers in main dining room out of soda.
Please call on the place again and report them. I found that, compared to Ohio, Florida must not inspect their restaurants periodically, or must not have
ANY standards as of cleanliness. I have seen the bits they do on WESH TV where the lady and camera crews go in to foul restaurants with bugs and vermin. She ends her report by saying they were closed about a week, and then reopened.
Villagers need not tolerate this. I hope no KFC opens anywhere else with such lax standards for cleanliness. I don't think it is a COUNTY problem, but rather a state standards problem.
We have NEVER been back, nor do we have any plans to go back. We were loyal customers in Ohio.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Administrator

We haven't been to KFC in years, ever since we
found two in Pennsylvania near our home that were
alarming.

I mean they were eye-bulging, alarmingly filthy.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:56 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455
Default burger king where the king is always right! NOT

I TOO AGREE!!! it is not a very clean resturant..and while we are on the topic of the fast food places...
Burger King right next door to the KFC/Taco Bell/pizza hut on 441 is a farce!
everytime i go there they can not get the order correct...i always have to do a double ck to see if everything is correct and usually it is not!!!
day before yesterday I took my son there to eat thru the drive thru
ordered his usual kids meal and as always it comes back loaded with cheese pickles and etc....after ordering a hanburger with ketsup only.
ok so what is my complaint?
the gal at the window shanika or somthing like that got an attitude when i returned it to her explaining it was not correct...she then told me to pull around to the front of the building, I looked in my rear view and there was no one behind me at all and i brought this to her attention...
she said well we are on a time clock here and the longer you sit there them more trouble we get into...i said well if you would have got the order right you would not have that problem i would have been on my merry way...so ticked off i pull out to the front door where Shanika brings me my megar bag of plain hamburger with ketsup...wrong she brought back the same double cheesburger!!!! I have to admit I did pretty good at holding this red headed temper...should have asked for a manager but did not but will send in a letter to the head offices to tell them that their fast lane sux! and you know the girl turned around did not say a word to me and had an attitude with me!!!! go figure!!! pheww i feel better now!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Send a message via AIM to softfire Send a message via Yahoo to softfire Send a message via Skype™ to softfire

Gave it a shot once. Will not eat there again. Dirty. By hearing this thread , seems my choice was justified by many.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:59 PM

We have been in The Villages for 7 years and we refuse to eat at the KFC ON 441. They consistently get the order wrong, chicken is old, customer service is lousy and do not honor coupons. Also tried to order pizza and they told me it would be over 30 minutes would I rather have Taco Bell. I seem to forget why I diin't like the place and I would go there aprox. once a year. Well for the last couple of years we travel to the KFC in Belleview to pickup our chicken. They are like night & day compared to the one in TV. They are polite and offer a alternative when we do not want the biscuits. The chicken is consistent and they offer the new grilled style.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.