A few days ago we stopped by the KFC on 441 by Spanish Springs. We
were going through the drive in window and noticed how dirty everything
looked right down to the shade pulled down to block the sun. Then as
driving out looked at the windows and they were really dirty. The window
sill by the drive thru window was also dirty. I just can't understand how
anyone working there or the manager would ever let something like that
happen? You would have to be totally blind to miss this. You would think
someone would just pick up a rag and some water and clean things out of
pride. I hate to be negative but there is no excuse for this.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Sage

I said that about two weeks ago going through the drive-thru at KFC with my husband. I didn't want to say anything sitting right at the window for fear the girl working the window would hear me (how silly that sounds now), so I tried to get my husband's attention with few words. He didn't know what I meant and when I explained later he said, "OMG, are you complaining about KFC." LOL

Well, last week, we did the drive-thru again for sodas and he saw it for himself. There was something, I can't remember now what it was, sitting out that should have been refrigerated. I wish I had taken a photo with my phone and sent it into corporate.

If they don't clean that place up, it will be history. I hate that because I love KFC. The combination of KFC with Taco Bell is nice. I'd hate to see them lose business and have to shut down.

We lived in North Carolina for two years. Every eating establishment, big or small; if there is food served there, they get a state health department ranking which has to be posted in full display of the customer.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
A few days ago we stopped by the KFC on 441 by Spanish Springs. We
were going through the drive in window and noticed how dirty everything
looked right down to the shade pulled down to block the sun. Then as
driving out looked at the windows and they were really dirty. The window
sill by the drive thru window was also dirty. I just can't understand how
anyone working there or the manager would ever let something like that
happen? You would have to be totally blind to miss this. You would think
someone would just pick up a rag and some water and clean things out of
pride. I hate to be negative but there is no excuse for this.
We got take out from there last spring. The first time either of us had been to a KFC in many years. It will be many more years before we try that one again. Food must have been sitting around if not all week at least all that day.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I said that about two weeks ago going through the drive-thru at KFC with my husband. I didn't want to say anything sitting right at the window for fear the girl working the window would hear me (how silly that sounds now), so I tried to get my husband's attention with few words. He didn't know what I meant and when I explained later he said, "OMG, are you complaining about KFC." LOL

Well, last week, we did the drive-thru again for sodas and he saw it for himself. There was something, I can't remember now what it was, sitting out that should have been refrigerated. I wish I had taken a photo with my phone and sent it into corporate.

If they don't clean that place up, it will be history. I hate that because I love KFC. The combination of KFC with Taco Bell is nice. I'd hate to see them lose business and have to shut down.

We lived in North Carolina for two years. Every eating establishment, big or small; if there is food served there, they get a state health department ranking which has to be posted in full display of the customer.
Georgia also requires eating establishments to post health department rankings. Does Florida not do this? I searched Florida Health Dept. and cannot find a mention of such requirements.

Someone who has witnessed this might want to contact corporate. Here is the number to report it to appropriate Florida agency:

Bill L. Veach, Director

Division of Hotels and Restaurants
1940 North Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1011

Phone: 850.487.1395
Fax: 850.921.8267

Here's a link to the website:
http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr...ndLodging.html

Please keep us posted if someone who can report the conditions follows up on this. In the meantime, thanks for the heads up.

But... yuck!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Gold member

That KFC/Taco bell is now closed for about two weeks because they are renovating the whole place. So, it should be nice and spic and span clean in a little while! Hope they wash the windows too.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Eternal Member

I walked into that place in December of 2009 and had my eyes on the menu waiting for the couple in front of me to place their order. I then started to look around and really took notice of how dirty the place was. At that moment I was asked for my order and I said I decided I did not want anything as this place is filthy and turned around and walked out. Two other couples that were behind me also walked out. It is totally surprising how this place is still in business and not shut down by the state or county.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:16 PM

We too live in Georga where they post health score . We check all the time when entering a place. I refuse to eat in a place that can't maintain a 90 or better score, which is an A. [ Not every place is perfect with 100,] If score is lower I walk out, but first tell the hostess why we are leaving. It always amazes me why people will eat in a sub-standard eatery. I even have our 10 yr. old grandaughter checking scores, and if she is with her parents and sees a lower than 90 she tells her parents, " Grandpa wouldn't eat here!!" If you saw the filth on the windows , guess WHAT THE REST OF THE PLACE WAS LIKE? When no one complains they just keep raking in you money and things just get worse.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Platinum member

We went to the drive thru a week ago and noticed the lobby was closed and under construction. I couldn't figure out how they could do construction and serve food and still be clean enough to cook with dust flying so we got out of the drive thru line. Boy am I glad we did after hearing these comments.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Waited to Write

Thank goodness we weren't the only ones to say something.. I waited to send the note as I didn't want to be a "complainer" but this one finally got to me. Even if they were closing to do some renovating there was absolutely no excuse to have such a filthy place. It was a disgrace. We bought the chicken and then threw it away as we did not trust it. It should be closed down!!
Old 10-09-2011, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I have never been in a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant that was really, really clean. Never been in one that didn't make the best fried chicken you can find.

Still kickin'.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Have to Add

About a year ago I had a relative visiting and we stopped in at Johnny Rockets for a hamburg and hotdog. The floor was filthy, there were a couple of buns half under the counter and the area was generally very dirty. As a result the visitor asked if we could leave as he was not comfortable in such a dirty place. We cancelled our order and left and have not been back since.
It is a shame that a couple of places to eat have so little respect for their business as to not take the time to keep them even basically clean.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Our last visit there was about 5 years ago. Apparently, KFC in TV has not gotten any better.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:21 PM

Have not had KFC since I was a child. I used to love the honey on the biscuits
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	southparkfoodfriedchicken.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	898  
Old 10-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Eternal Member

I went to the Villages KFC a couple of times and was not thrilled with the service - but the food was good. Back then - four or 5 years ago - the place wasn't that messy so I enjoyed the food.

Every time I get the book with all of the KFC coupons I want to go but I just drool and forget it. I don't think I can do justice to the KFC bucket any more or even the 7 piece basket with the mashed potatoes and gravy and the baked beans.

Here I go again.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Gold member

Cleaning must be a constant battle in a place where almost everything is fried in oil. The oil mist sticks to everything and everything sticks to the oil. No excuse for not cleaning daily and deep cleaning weekly.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.