Kentucky Fried Chicken

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
About a year ago I had a relative visiting and we stopped in at Johnny Rockets for a hamburg and hotdog. The floor was filthy, there were a couple of buns half under the counter and the area was generally very dirty. As a result the visitor asked if we could leave as he was not comfortable in such a dirty place. We cancelled our order and left and have not been back since.
It is a shame that a couple of places to eat have so little respect for their business as to not take the time to keep them even basically clean.
A year ago?
Old 10-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Veteran member

There have been several articles in the paper explaining that KFC in TV was shedding Pizza Hut and going with only Taco Bell and KFC. Part of that reorganization included renovation of the dining area. Today, there was a reminder in the paper that KFC was only doing drive through due to the construction. We ate there a few months ago and found the food and service good but the renovation overdo. I think we'll be back for their buffet after the work is done. Meanwhile, the fried chicken at Publix is very good.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default My choice is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
Meanwhile, the fried chicken at Publix is very good.
A plus for me is that Publix has NO MSG and KFC has MSG in everything!(used to love KFC Chicken)

Can eat Publix fried chicken while any MSG make me very ill'in!!!
_
Old 10-09-2011, 04:00 PM

Where did Pizza Hut go? We ate there 2 years ago. Well, some of our group of 6 got their food! Anyway, the service was SO bad, and the food was SO bad, that we never returned to that store-and vowed we never would. I wrote a complaint letter, and sent them an email explaining our experience. Never even got a reply. Our grandkids still talk about "the time we went to KFC/Taco Bell". And not in a good way!
Old 10-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket1 View Post
Where did Pizza Hut go? We ate there 2 years ago. Well, some of our group of 6 got their food! Anyway, the service was SO bad, and the food was SO bad, that we never returned to that store-and vowed we never would. I wrote a complaint letter, and sent them an email explaining our experience. Never even got a reply. Our grandkids still talk about "the time we went to KFC/Taco Bell". And not in a good way!
Read Post #17..........
If you vowed never to go back, why would you be interested?
Old 10-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Veteran member

I used to do quality inspections of pharmaceutical plants. I found that usually I would know in the first 2 or 3 minutes if the place was up to my specifications just by the condition of the floors. If they can't bother to keep those clean, they usually let everything else slide.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Yep

Yep a year ago..Why ever go back when there are so many other great
places in The Villages ?
Old 10-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Sage

We go to Popeye's in Leesburg whenever we have to have a fried chicken fix, about twice a year.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:20 PM

My mom, when she was alive, insisted on going there with her coupons whenever my sister was in town. YUCK! About 5-6 years ago, they had a fly problem so bad, that they had those 'Shell Pest Strips' hanging from the ceiling at the entrance, right near the trash cans. They were always loaded with dead flies. Enough to spoil anyone's appetite.

The fake plants are always loaded with dust, lots of dirty dust and there is a ton of black mold all over the fountain machines.

Once, while there with my 5 year old niece, we waited forever for her personal pan pizza. Finally my sister went to the cashier to see what the hold up was. She said that she would go back and check and from my seat in the dining room, I saw her pick one out of the trash and give to my sister. I told her to take it back up to the counter and get a refund. I wrote corporate but never heard back.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Sage

Never found KFC to be a pleasant experience, but how else you gonna get that yummy fried chicken?
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Default Hardee's Chicken

Does anybody remember when Hardee's occupied that building before KFC?

Their chicken was the absolute best. If I remember correctly you got an 8 piece bucket for around 5 bucks with a coupon.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Gold member

Today on the way to pickleball I saw workers washing the windows at WENDY'S, so let's all go there instead! Floors and windows are the first clue as to cleanliness.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Sage

Yeah but does Wendy's have great fried chicken?
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Sage

Post #17 indicates (and I saw the article in the Sun) that they are renovating the facility. Why not we give them a break and not post past experiences from 1,3,5 years ago about poor experiences. If after the renovation and things still are the same as in the past........continue to give them hell!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Veteran member

I am not a number...

Seriously, Publix has great fried chicken and are much cheaper than KFC. They frequently have the whole bird on sale for $5. Give them a try.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.