Kentucky Fried Chicken

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Gold member

If you want good fried chicken Golden Corrals fried chicken is much better than KFC (my opinion). Also Speckled Butterbean has very good fried chicken but it seems not to be as consistently good as Golden Corral. I just don't know why people think that KFC is that good. I usually find their chicken dry.

Regarding the cleanliness of KFC now that they are renovating it if the same managers are there that were there before I would venture to say that cleanliness is not high up on their list so even though they have renovations I don't think there will be much changes regarding cleanliness.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 10-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
I am not a number...

Seriously, Publix has great fried chicken and are much cheaper than KFC. They frequently have the whole bird on sale for $5. Give them a try.
I think Publix fried is much better as well. Not nearly as greasy, but moist and crunchy...
Old 10-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
If you want good fried chicken Golden Corrals fried chicken is much better than KFC (my opinion). Also Speckled Butterbean has very good fried chicken but it seems not to be as consistently good as Golden Corral. I just don't know why people think that KFC is that good. I usually find their chicken dry.

Regarding the cleanliness of KFC now that they are renovating it if the same managers are there that were there before I would venture to say that cleanliness is not high up on their list so even though they have renovations I don't think there will be much changes regarding cleanliness.

John
I agree that the fried chicken at Golden Crral is excellent. My second choice is Mccalls which is also very good.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
I am not a number...

Seriously, Publix has great fried chicken and are much cheaper than KFC. They frequently have the whole bird on sale for $5. Give them a try.
Sorry. I think it is easier for someone to find a post if the number is given rather than indicating a name.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Sorry. I think it is easier for someone to find a post if the number is given rather than indicating a name.
"I am not a number" was just a play on the old British TV series called The Prisoner who was trying to escape from a community called the Village. Was meant as a joke but probably too obscure I guess.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I tear off the outside of the KFC chicken because the inside is moist and tender and yummy and the outside is really, really greasy. I try not to think about the floors and the general appearance of the restaurant when I take that great chicken home with me. I also like the mashed potatoes and gravy that taste NOTHING like we make at home but still is good in it's own way.

I wish they'd have a little stricter franchise standards.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Platinum member

Hey guys, did you ever eat from the hot dog stand on Park Ave or the Chicken and Bread stand in Old San Juan or that Little Cantina in Mathis Texas or Tony's in Phillipsburg St. Martins etc, etc. ? I agree that all food places in Florida or elsewhere should be clean, no argument there, just saying.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh 08 View Post
Hey guys, did you ever eat from the hot dog stand on Park Ave or the Chicken and Bread stand in Old San Juan or that Little Cantina in Mathis Texas or Tony's in Phillipsburg St. Martins etc, etc. ? I agree that all food places in Florida or elsewhere should be clean, no argument there, just saying.
No, but I almost bought a churro from a kid standing in a cloud of dust while I was waiting to get back across the border to San Diego from TJ!
Old 10-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Gold member

When in doubt, check out the bathrooms...I hate dirty bathrooms and if there is no handsoap.......ugh!!! What, if anything, are the employees using??? I also look at the door as I enter the restaurant, it's impossible to prevent fingerprints but a dirty door is a clear indication!!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
About a year ago I had a relative visiting and we stopped in at Johnny Rockets for a hamburg and hotdog. The floor was filthy, there were a couple of buns half under the counter and the area was generally very dirty. As a result the visitor asked if we could leave as he was not comfortable in such a dirty place. We cancelled our order and left and have not been back since.
It is a shame that a couple of places to eat have so little respect for their business as to not take the time to keep them even basically clean.
never ever had that experience there. The place was always clean, it was just some of the personnel that were questionable
Old 11-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Gold member

It's all shiny and clean . New tables, chairs, clean floor. The windows are still not good, but it is something about the glass. Chicken still awesome !
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.