Koyame, needs your business

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Default Koyame, needs your business

Last couple of times I went into Koyame for my chicken pad thai fix, I see that most of the tables are empty. I usually get the spring roll (2) and chicken pad thai for $11.60 carryout and it easily makes two meals. And it is really good.

They do both Chinese and Thai and it is a newer restaurant. You can walk in and be seated at 6:00. Not many places here this time of year you can do that.

Just my 2 cents worth, but I'd like to see them with more customers to insure they'll be here in the future.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano_hoosier View Post
Last couple of times I went into Koyame for my chicken pad thai fix, I see that most of the tables are empty. I usually get the spring roll (2) and chicken pad thai for $11.60 carryout and it easily makes two meals. And it is really good.

They do both Chinese and Thai and it is a newer restaurant. You can walk in and be seated at 6:00. Not many places here this time of year you can do that.

Just my 2 cents worth, but I'd like to see them with more customers to insure they'll be here in the future.
Great food...I am surprised they aren't busy.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Sage

Not a real fan of Chinese food, except for hot and sour soup and wonton dumplings. We went there with friends before a concert at Church on the Square last week. We selected Koyame because we didn't want to take a lot of time to eat but we wanted good food. We all chose from the hibachi menu and everything we had was really good. The wine was a good deal, too.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Veteran member

Where is this restaurant? Never heard of it or have seen ads.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Veteran member

It is in the Spanish Plaines Plaza beside Whole Earth Pet store and Publix. It would be a shame to lose a great restaurant because people don't know how to get to it. There is usually a coupon in the Daily Sun on Thursday and their prices and portions are good. They are an asian fusion and their pad thai is great. They will cook a vegetarian meal for you too. So anyone can eat there.

LW888
Old 03-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for the info. I seldom am in that area, but will give it a try next time going out with "the girls".
Old 03-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
Great food...I am surprised they aren't busy.
We tried it a couple of weeks ago and came away very impressed. We had the beef lo mein and fried dumplings and everything was very tasty and portions were large. Will definitely go there more often.
Skip 2
Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Veteran member

We feel it is the best around, fast, good portions, friendly people and very flavorful dishes!

The only down side is Ollies frozen custard at the other end of the shopping center!Burp...
Old 03-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Gold member

Took my mom there and we loved the way the veggies were crisp and sliced beautifully. Service was excellent and the soup so hot and yummy.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:

Absolutely the best Asian in the area. Why Villagers flock to far worse places and wait in long lines is amazing. Kayame is the best there is in these parts and it should be busy all the time. Try the Chicken with Garlic sauce.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I'm wondering why they have a Japanese name if they serve only Chinese and Thai. But here is their website. I'll have to try them sometime.

KOYAME
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:10 AM

koyame is definately a must try restaurant. eat in, take out(with online ordering) or better yet have Restaurant Dining Delivery - Village Grocery Delivery, LLC bring it straight to your door.they'll even bring a pint of ollie's frozen custard if that is your fancy. spanish plaines shopping plaza is golf cart accessible on 441. close to the hospital.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Sage

Quote:

Thank you for the recommendation....we had lunch there this afternoon. The food was DELICIOUS, the presentation was beautiful, the service was great.
By the time we finished, there was only one small table unoccupied. A number of patrons came in to pick up take out orders. I know we will be heading back to Koyame to dine again....and again and again!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Platinum member

Went there recently because I had a craving for Chinese for take out. They were extremely busy, so went to a place nearby called Sakura.....absolutely the worst food EVER!!! Inedible! I threw it all way.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
It is in the Spanish Plaines Plaza beside Whole Earth Pet store and Publix. It would be a shame to lose a great restaurant because people don't know how to get to it. There is usually a coupon in the Daily Sun on Thursday and their prices and portions are good. They are an asian fusion and their pad thai is great. They will cook a vegetarian meal for you too. So anyone can eat there.

LW888
Will give it a try very soon.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.