Kringles

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2022, 06:25 AM

Poutine is popular in Canada and is basically French fries with melted cheese and gravy.
You can add other items such as chicken, beef, onion,etc. Disney Springs has a spot that only sells poutine…and using Tater Tots is not authentic.
Old 08-21-2022, 06:26 AM

Trader Joe has Kringle seasonally
Old 08-21-2022, 06:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al2014 View Post
Does anyone know if Kringles are available anywhere in this area without ordering them from Racine?
Florida has never heard of them... We get ours shipped in from Racine. it's the only way. Same for usingers.... there was a guy in Sarasota that had them fresh but I can't find him now.

However I am looking for a hook up with anyone that drives up there, I need spotted cow.
Old 08-21-2022, 06:32 AM

O’steen’s Market has Kringle. They are on 475 in Summerfield. We order from Uncle Mike’s bake shop, the salted caramel or Door county cherry are our favorites.
Old 08-21-2022, 06:43 AM
Sage

For the folks who've never heard of them.....Racine, WI was (maybe still is) a Danish community. Think the Kringles were from that and would be a "local" thing not found (unless imported) in other parts of the country. Florida is a southern state and the foods here mostly are southern----boiled peanuts, bar b que etc. NOT the philly cheesesteak, NY pizza, fresh fish etc. the "imported" residents wish for. Sounds like Browns, O'Steens and Aldi are marketing to folks that have requested them. I didn't know you could purchase them locally so now will look.
Old 08-21-2022, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
Same here. Never heard of them. According to Wikipedia they are a type of pretzel (Kringle is a Northern European pastry, a variety of pretzel) but they appear to be more of a danish. I am more interested if they are danish than pretzel.

Are they just the Wisconsin name for a danish? Can those of you that are familiar with a Kringle enlighten those of us who are not? What do they taste like? How big are they? What is a fair price?
It’s a danish, not pretzel. A picture’s worth a thousand words they say ..
Fan Favorite - 2 Best Selling Kringles in 1 Box!
Old 08-21-2022, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al2014 View Post
Does anyone know if Kringles are available anywhere in this area without ordering them from Racine?
They have them at Browns Market on 301 north of 466A. They have many varieties and are from Racine.
Old 08-21-2022, 07:59 AM
Default Trader Joe’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Trader Joe’s has them all the time.
Where is the closest Trader Joe’s to Sumter? TY!
Old 08-21-2022, 08:19 AM
Default Kringle

Brown’s market on 301
Old 08-21-2022, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
Florida has never heard of them... We get ours shipped in from Racine. it's the only way. Same for usingers.... there was a guy in Sarasota that had them fresh but I can't find him now.

However I am looking for a hook up with anyone that drives up there, I need spotted cow.
Yes - We visit Wisconsin every summer. When we return, our car is loaded with Spotted Cow, Usingers, kringle, and our nephew's catch of fresh salmon (frozen)

By the way, Kringle freezes well. I put several slices on a paper plate, and put that into a zip top bag. Good for several months.
Old 08-21-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStVillages View Post
It’s a danish, not pretzel. A picture’s worth a thousand words they say ..
Fan Favorite - 2 Best Selling Kringles in 1 Box!
My mother (who was Latvian) and grandmother use to make these all the time. My favorite was apple.
Old 08-21-2022, 11:03 AM
Default O & H Kringle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
Aldi occasionally carries the brand "Racine Danish Kringle." Its good.

People from Wisconsin know that O&H Bakery has the best kringle. Unfortunately, you can only get it in southeast Wisconsin, or by mail.

I particularly like their Wisconsin Kringle, which has cream cheese, Door County cherries, and northern Wisconsin cranberries.

I also like the turtle Kringle. Filling is caramel, pecans, and chocolate, with chocolate icing and sprinkled with more pecans.
Agree, O & H has a great Kringle. You can get them at Trader Joes in Gainesville but I prefer to order by mail as the selection of flavors at Trader Joes is very limited. There are other good Danish bakeries in Racine that also have good Kringle but O&H is my favorite also.
Old 08-21-2022, 11:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,783 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtyoughtsix View Post
Agree, O & H has a great Kringle. You can get them at Trader Joes in Gainesville but I prefer to order by mail as the selection of flavors at Trader Joes is very limited. There are other good Danish bakeries in Racine that also have good Kringle but O&H is my favorite also.
I have to agree with the kringle connoisseurs here, O & H Bakery kringles are the best. Their cherry cheese and pecan kringles are my favorite but all of them are delicious. They can be frozen or shipped but fresh is the best to our tastebuds. Danish Uncle is one of their stores with all sorts of goodies.
Old 08-21-2022, 12:34 PM
Smile Kringle

I have to agree with the people who say O&H Bakery has the best kringle. No one else is even close. I try to stop in every summer. My favorite is the pecan kringle. The raspberry is also very good. Someone asked the price. It was about $8 or $9 the few years at the O&H Bakery factory but probably has gone up in price like everything else. And someone else mentioned Spotted Cow. I have a few in my fridge. Sorry, I can't spare any.
Old 08-21-2022, 04:24 PM
Location: Georgia, S.C., Pa., West Va.,Tenn, Tx, Fl. Hemingway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
Same here. Never heard of them. According to Wikipedia they are a type of pretzel (Kringle is a Northern European pastry, a variety of pretzel) but they appear to be more of a danish. I am more interested if they are danish than pretzel.

Are they just the Wisconsin name for a danish? Can those of you that are familiar with a Kringle enlighten those of us who are not? What do they taste like? How big are they? What is a fair price?
I suggest you try them for yourself. Brown's Market does have them for 8.99. I learned about them 20 years ago when visiting Racine. It is a sweet pastry baked in a round shape. It looks like a King Cake(New Orleans) but much better in my opinion. I bought a Raspberry thanks to a reply on this post.

Tags
kringles, area, ordering, racine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.