La Hacienda Catering - Horrible Service

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2018, 10:07 AM
Default La Hacienda Catering - Horrible Service

Our club has used La Hacienda for our Holiday Party at Savannah for several years. But, this will be our LAST. Service was horrible. We had 180 residents attending our event. When the doors opened only 8 tables were set-up. Guests had to walk around the dish carts and servers. We had 20 tables. That just started the downward spiral. Salads, Water, Ice were not on tables. I had to ask them to start the salads. They did not have enough servers needed for a party our size. The dessert took 65 minutes to come out after dinner...and the coffee did not arrive for another 30 minutes after dessert. Water glasses or Ice Tea was never refilled. I wrote to Beth about the inadequate service a week after our event. It has now been 30 days and Beth as never acknowledged my email regarding the poorest service. You do pay a premium for their service and you must pay up front. So I guess La Hacienda doesn't care if they provide good service as they already have your money. There are a lot of restaurants in the Villages now. Don't choose La Hacienda you will be very disappointed with the service. Calumet Grove Social Club
Old 12-30-2018, 10:34 AM
Gold member

I am very surprised to hear this as they are highly regarded for catering. You say you emailed somebody there and have never received a reply. Did you try to call them ? Sometimes, email gets routed to spam folders etc. Perhaps she never saw your email.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:01 AM
Veteran member

Our group used Bob Evans to cater our meal at Lake Miona Rec Center. 150+ guests. Meal, service and price was excellent. Highly recommend.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:50 AM
Veteran member

Our group used La Hacienda this year, catered for large group at Rohan and we were very happy with them. We thought they did a great job and food was very good.

BTW, you said you were very happy with them for several years and you have one bad year and no more chances, that doesn't seem right.

Last edited by mixsonci; 12-30-2018 at 11:52 AM. Reason: adding sentence
Closed Thread

Tags
service, hacienda, tables, water, minutes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.