Lake perch dinners

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Indiana Pork Tenderloin sandwich? What makes it unique? Is it the prep, the roll or the toppings?
It is a size thing. Lets just say they are noticeably larger than the bun and let everyone discover the actual difference in person. I just left there about 20 minutes ago and while I was there a couple saw one for the first time. The reaction is priceless.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Veteran member

Man, the thought of lake perch dinner is making me drool. I'm from Michigan originally and been living in North Carolina for the past 16 years and only get lake perch like that when I visit family. I hope it's still there when we retire in 1 1/2 years and move to our house in The Villages! And I want to try that Indiana Pork Tenderloin sandwich!

This is great! We keep finding out about restaurants in TV that take the place of ones we like where we live now or when we lived back "up north". Now, how about a Mongolian Barbeque? Or a Jet's Pizza (we love the crust on the 8-corner pizza!)? Or an Olga's Kitchen? Well, that last one is pretty unlikely is it's largely only in Michigan and has been struggling of late.

Can't wait to stop being just owners and start being residents!
Old 10-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
Man, the thought of lake perch dinner is making me drool. I'm from Michigan originally and been living in North Carolina for the past 16 years and only get lake perch like that when I visit family. I hope it's still there when we retire in 1 1/2 years and move to our house in The Villages! And I want to try that Indiana Pork Tenderloin sandwich!

This is great! We keep finding out about restaurants in TV that take the place of ones we like where we live now or when we lived back "up north". Now, how about a Mongolian Barbeque? Or a Jet's Pizza (we love the crust on the 8-corner pizza!)? Or an Olga's Kitchen? Well, that last one is pretty unlikely is it's largely only in Michigan and has been struggling of late.

OMG. Olga's! sigh.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

Olgas and Jets pizza in the same sentence that makes,my mouth water. Love both of them.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:11 PM

After hearing about the lake perch we just had to stop. Yum!!!! 👍👍👍. We were there shortly after noon today and still a table open and the counter area. I know we found our new place to go

Thanks for telling. Hubby was very Leary going to a gas station but not any more
Old 10-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Sage

I golfed with a guy from New Hampshire that said up there, if you catch one, you throw it back. Nobody eats them.
As for me, I'm definitely trying it out.
And I really like the idea of a restaurant making something less routine. I wonder if they take suggestions?
I'm from where they make cheesesteaks, taylor ham but that's not so special.
Maybe fried ipswich clams like they made in Howard Johnsons a long time ago?
Old 10-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I golfed with a guy from New Hampshire that said up there, if you catch one, you throw it back. Nobody eats them.
As for me, I'm definitely trying it out.
And I really like the idea of a restaurant making something less routine. I wonder if they take suggestions?
I'm from where they make cheesesteaks, taylor ham but that's not so special.
Maybe fried ipswich clams like they made in Howard Johnsons a long time ago?
Must not have been perch from the Great Lakes. I hope you like them!
Old 10-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post

No Jets near here but there are some in Florida. I haven't seen a Mongolian BBQ and no Olgas either. We also miss White Castle and nothing down here beats Chicken Shack! Where are you coming from in Mi? Oh wait, just reread your post. Where in Michigan DID you live?
Old 10-10-2015, 09:18 AM

I know of Mongolian BBQ in Lakeland and in Gainesville. The one in Gainesville is near Trader Joe's so take a cooler and make it a day trip.
Closed Thread

Tags
perch, lake, station, burger, north, remember, craving, taste, of, perch, that, bad, open, moje_whotmoje_whot, thing, sea, colony, dinner, gas, located, dinners, got, back, wow, excellent, johnnys, alaskan, catfish

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.