LaPalma in Leesburg

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2018, 08:15 AM
Gold member
Default LaPalma in Leesburg

We went to LaPalma yesterday, which used to be our favorite Mexican Restaurant. They no longer have Yuengling or Dos Equis on draft. I did tell them I felt that was huge mistake and I probably won't be back. I ordered unsweet tea. They offered no apology or reason for dropping the beers.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
We went to LaPalma yesterday, which used to be our favorite Mexican Restaurant. They no longer have Yuengling or Dos Equis on draft. I did tell them I felt that was huge mistake and I probably won't be back. I ordered unsweet tea. They offered no apology or reason for dropping the beers.
Seriously? Dropping a place to eat good food just because a beer isn’t served anymore? Wow.....
Old 06-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Sage

Yeah, but no beer on draft with Mexican food? No es possible, senor!
Old 06-04-2018, 07:56 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Is the food still good???

I'm ready for some Mex.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:01 AM

Im sorry this is the wrong place to post but I can't figure out how to start a new thread! Can somebody please help lol
Old 06-05-2018, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Is the food still good???

I'm ready for some Mex.

The food is real good, ever without nasty ****water beer washing is downw
Old 06-06-2018, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

Thanks -- I hate draft beer
Old 06-06-2018, 08:35 AM
Veteran member

I completely agree. There are some of us that like the taste of a good beer with our dinner. And nothing with the word "lite" anywhere in it qualifies as beer. Mexican restaurants are known for carrying either Dos Equis, Pacifico, or Negra Modelo on tap... when they don't, I don't go. Too many other great Mex restaurants that DO offer the full experience.

I'm glad I read this - I was about to go back there because they now have a full outdoor section... but based on this, they are dead to me
Old 06-07-2018, 09:11 AM
Gold member

I could get along with dropping Dos Equis, but not Yuengling too. I love draft beer, I can drink bottled beer at home. Draft beer is just a reason to go out to eat.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:48 PM
Veteran member
Default Eh....

A group of 9 of us went to La Palma and the range of comments for the entrees ranged from ok to good-but the entire group agreed that Los Magueyes in Wildwood was much better. Additionally, I had asked about happy hour and in particular if they had Margaritas at happy hour prices. What I received was not worth the $8.99 (I don't call that a happy hour price) as it was no larger than a typical Margarita and for some strange reason, they added a splash of orange juice and an orange garnish to the drink. Instead of a nice lime flavor with a salt ring, I got a citrus flavored drink to which the salt did not go well. I asked if I had the correct drink and was informed that was how they made them.

On the plus side, the restaurant was clean (including the bathrooms) and the server was attentive. I would say that this is one of those restaurants where personal preference would drive you there, but our group agreed that there were other and closer restaurants that suited our tastes.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hanky View Post
Im sorry this is the wrong place to post but I can't figure out how to start a new thread! Can somebody please help lol
Sign in.
Home.
Scroll down to Talk of the Village Forums.
Click the forum you want to post on.
Scoll down, and in middle in red is Post New Thread.
Type!
Old 06-14-2018, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

What's wrong with Fiesta Grande at Colony, it's in the neighborhood? I had lunch there yesterday and for $9.25 the lunch steak fajitas are great. Strips of steak smothered in onions and peppers along with a side dish of rice and refried beans. My wife had the single taco with a plate of rice, she didn't want the beans, so they doubled the size of her rice, I think hers was $6.95. We drink diet soda and they give you a 32 oz glass, so getting refills is not a big concern. We've eaten there 50 times and it's always good. They had a big story in The Sun the other day about the owner. It's family run and they have three locations, I believe Mount Dora and Daytona Bch are the others. They also have alcohol, there is a bar on the left when you walk in.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 06-14-2018, 09:44 AM

Coming back from Mt. Dora/Tavares the other day I saw a billboard for La Palma that read "3 for 1 Margaritas".....I thought "WOW! Thats a Happy Hour"!
Old 06-14-2018, 11:18 AM
Gold member

I’ve been to FG a number of times and always had a good meal. The Margueritas ain’t bad either.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
What's wrong with Fiesta Grande at Colony, it's in the neighborhood? I had lunch there yesterday and for $9.25 the lunch steak fajitas are great. Strips of steak smothered in onions and peppers along with a side dish of rice and refried beans. My wife had the single taco with a plate of rice, she didn't want the beans, so they doubled the size of her rice, I think hers was $6.95. We drink diet soda and they give you a 32 oz glass, so getting refills is not a big concern. We've eaten there 50 times and it's always good. They had a big story in The Sun the other day about the owner. It's family run and they have three locations, I believe Mount Dora and Daytona Bch are the others. They also have alcohol, there is a bar on the left when you walk in.

And they serve Negro Modelo ON TAP!

Makes it a perfect place for Nine and Dine this time of year....

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Closed Thread

Tags
lapalma, huge, felt, mistake, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.