Spanish Restaurants

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Gold member
Default Spanish Restaurants

Anyone know of any Spanish restaurants in or around TV? Mexican and Latin food is readily availabe but I haven't seen Spanish food anywhere.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Anyone know of any Spanish restaurants in or around TV? Mexican and Latin food is readily availabe but I haven't seen Spanish food anywhere.
I don't know of any around TV. The only one I know is called Columbia Restaurant in Tampa, but it's been more than 30 years since we were at it though. They now have mulitple locations, the closest being about an hour and a half away down past Disney. There is another location just before Tampa that also has Flamenco shows and that's about two hours away. You can check it out for yourself at http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/ybor.asp and figure if it's worth the trip or even in combo with a visit or tour to either area or whatever.
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-05-2011, 06:29 PM

Latinos Y Mas - 2030 South Pine Ave (441) in Ocala is excellent - they serve Mexican,
Spanish and Cuban food - Never tried the Cuban but the Spanish and Mexican was very good.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Eternal Member

The Ipanema in Ocala is Brazilian cuisine - if that helps.

http://www.ipanemaocala.com/

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Gold member

Thanks Sky and Zcave, I'll keep them in mind. I'm not real familiar with Brazilian food but the couple of times I had it in Little Brazil in NYC I liked what I had.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
I don't know of any around TV. The only one I know is called Columbia Restaurant in Tampa, but it's been more than 30 years since we were at it though. They now have mulitple locations, the closest being about an hour and a half away down past Disney. There is another location just before Tampa that also has Flamenco shows and that's about two hours away. You can check it out for yourself at http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/ybor.asp and figure if it's worth the trip or even in combo with a visit or tour to either area or whatever.
The Villages Florida
I have been to the original Columbia in Ybor City (Tampa). It is great food and the flamenco show is terrific!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Veteran member

The Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City (Tampa) is completely over rated and way too expensive for the quality of food. They are just subsisting on their historic place and name. The food is definitely not very good.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Eternal Member

No matter what restaurant is being discussed, there will always be some who have positive opinion and those with negative opinions. As for myself, unless there is overwhelming or convincing evidence (not opinions) that a place is not good, I'll choose to try a restaurant for myself and form my own opinions. If I think it was bad, then I'll just chock it up to experience and not return anytime soon!

As for Columbia, as I said it was over 30 years ago that I went there. I didn't care for the food, but it was a matter of my personal taste... not the quality of the food. Would I go back today if the occasion presented itself? Sure, why not! Things change over time and my taste could have changed since way back then just like my taste for such things as onions asparagus and more have changed drastically over the years.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Smile Spanish Restaurants

Latino Y Mas is a pretty good restaurant located on 441 in Ocala, on the left hand side as you enter Ocala, 2030 South Pine St. They server Mexican, Spanish and Cuban food - I tried the Mexican and Spanish food and rate it very good.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
The Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City (Tampa) is completely over rated and way too expensive for the quality of food. They are just subsisting on their historic place and name. The food is definitely not very good.
Maybe I had too much Sangria before the food! I was with a group from work and we all had such a good time.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
The Ipanema in Ocala is Brazilian cuisine - if that helps.

http://www.ipanemaocala.com/
The last couple of times that I have passed the Ipanema, it appears to be closed.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
No matter what restaurant is being discussed, there will always be some who have positive opinion and those with negative opinions. As for myself, unless there is overwhelming or convincing evidence (not opinions) that a place is not good, I'll choose to try a restaurant for myself and form my own opinions. If I think it was bad, then I'll just chock it up to experience and not return anytime soon!
I hadn't thought of it this way before today, but people must have heard by now the expression "One man's junk can be another man's treasure!" Well, the same principle can be applied to restaurant food and service.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.