Legacy Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2019, 11:14 AM
Sage
Default Legacy Restaurant

Went to the Legacy restaurant yesterday-Dan was our bartender, he was a sight for sore eyes--he grabbed the Grey Goose, like we used to drink @ the Cane;however we waved him off and he know our favorite in the Legacy is Stoli Elite

Apps and entrees were excellent

Admiral wanted to look @ the pool bar , bit later, drove to the parking area and it looked like the beginnings of a demolition derby, so turned around and got out of Dodge real fast & headed home
Old 11-03-2019, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
<snip>Admiral wanted to look @ the pool bar, bit later, drove to the parking area and it looked like the beginnings of a demolition derby, so turned around and got out of Dodge real fast & headed home
Translation?
Old 11-03-2019, 11:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Translation?
Too much Stoli?

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 11-03-2019, 11:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

It’s tight at the pool bar parking. Between tennis and the pool, parking is crazy. We leave our car and walk down, trying not to get run over by those rushing to get a space. Hence demolition derby
Old 11-03-2019, 02:27 PM
Default Raving fans of legacy!

We enjoyed an outstanding meal with two other couples;

Surf & turf (2)
Chateaubriand
Legacy Chop
Stuffed Sole
Salmon Buerre Blanc

Every entree was prepared to perfection. The vegetables were delicious. The portions more than ample. Suggested beverages met all our expectations. Our server was Nicole and she was very attentive. And the greeting and table selection by Sal was most delightful. As this was our third opportunity to visit Legacy we will buy the VIP Membership!
Old 11-03-2019, 08:18 PM

We ate there tonight- husband and I both had prime rib special. Nicole was our server as well and she did an excellent job. Talked me into the dessert and I was glad she did- the salted caramel cheesecake was out of this world. Excellent food at a very reasonable price. It was our first time there since the renovation (we live south of 466A and don't usually venture that far north but after this meal we will!). I really enjoyed the ambience. Unlike many of the country clubs down by us it seemed like a true dining room experience.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:38 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

We're liking the place. Had an excellent filet w garlic mashed and edible veggies. Although normally a bourbon on the rocks guy, I decided to try their "smokey" old fashioned as a before dinner drink. Have to say I enjoyed it. We've now been directed to both porches, and have yet to be seated "inside" in one of their newly upholstered booths Will shoot for that next time.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Food aside. What do posters think of the décor?

I liked the way it was much better.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:17 AM
Sage

We like the new decor, places for intimate dining and the bar depth & finish makes eating @ the bar way better--IMHO,the old decor, made me feel I was eating in my grandmother's house--too frilly
Old 11-04-2019, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

I love the new decor. The living wall is beautiful. I love the bar area. I never like the original decor it looked dated. I think some of the rec centers should be redone.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I love the new decor. The living wall is beautiful. I love the bar area. I never like the original decor it looked dated. I think some of the rec centers should be redone.
Traditional can be updated. And you are right. Most of the wallpapered areas in the rec centers are out of date and not in right now.

However, even given the huge breadth of the general quality of modern, contemporary, loft, urban etc. I do not like the décor. It is NOT balanced or pleasing in any way. The colors are too strong and don't mesh in my opinion. The first thing I thought is that they did not use a professional to decorate. It looks like personal and poor style.

I will find something contemporary similar but better, to post. brb.

Here. I like this;

Best 25+ Modern restaurant design ideas on Pinterest

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-04-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

I think it is all of the wallpaper especially flora wallpaper that looks very dated.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I think it is all of the wallpaper especially flora wallpaper that looks very dated.
I agree. I was looking for something to show updated design décor and what do I find but Terrazzo which is what the Legacy Bar is.

I stand corrected. Maybe they did use a design person and I am out of touch....see here;

What’s In & Out Decorating Ideas for 2019

It is so nice to discuss stuff on here. I will try to shed my initial reaction and look with new eyes at the décor at the Legends.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:25 AM
Sage
Default Returning thread back to subject............

Menus for The Legacy Restaurant | The Nancy Lopez Country Club - The V
Old 11-05-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Went to the Legacy restaurant yesterday-Dan was our bartender, he was a sight for sore eyes--he grabbed the Grey Goose, like we used to drink @ the Cane;however we waved him off and he know our favorite in the Legacy is Stoli Elite

Apps and entrees were excellent

Admiral wanted to look @ the pool bar , bit later, drove to the parking area and it looked like the beginnings of a demolition derby, so turned around and got out of Dodge real fast & headed home
You neglected to mention the price for the Stoli Elite. I frankly gagged on the bill the first and only time I had it there.
Closed Thread

Tags
legacy, restaurant, excellent, bar, bit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.