Legacy restaurant great...

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2017, 07:36 AM
Gold member
Default Legacy restaurant great...

as usual.

This is in response to the very negative review given a few days ago. Went there last night and had a superb meal with great ambiance. The wait staff were very attentive and quick to please.

It is sad that some folks find fault with everything and I've a feeling even heaven will be a disappointment to them.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:41 PM
Angry Not all were served a superb meal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
as usual.

This is in response to the very negative review given a few days ago. Went there last night and had a superb meal with great ambiance. The wait staff were very attentive and quick to please.

It is sad that some folks find fault with everything and I've a feeling even heaven will be a disappointment to them.
Glad that you enjoyed your meal and could afford Lopez. We had been going & enjoying their food & service for many years, but no more. Their dinner menu is limited and very over priced for central Florida. Most entrees well exceed $20. and that does not include soup or salad. Over the years- since the developer gave up the clubhouse restaurants- they have gone downhill and we no longer patronize the establishment. Even a chain such as Bonefish does a far better job and they aren't what I'd call cheap. The killer at Lopez occurred a year or so ago when my wife was unable to bite into her burger which was ordered because she didn't find any entree worth ordering at the inflated prices. The problem: it was served with a rubber glove between the beef and the lettuce & tomato! Yes, you're reading correctly- somehow a glove got into the burger and that is inexcusable!

As for ambiance, that went away when they enclosed the patio into a too large, noisy room. The middle room is not comfortable when sitting in a booth and the chairs throughout have seen better days, although they could have been replaced since my last visit. Plus, a view of the golf course would be expected at a country club. Seems they forgot that at Lopez, Palmer & others on the south side.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by patbbb View Post
Glad that you enjoyed your meal and could afford Lopez. We had been going & enjoying their food & service for many years, but no more. Their dinner menu is limited and very over priced for central Florida. Most entrees well exceed $20. and that does not include soup or salad. Over the years- since the developer gave up the clubhouse restaurants- they have gone downhill and we no longer patronize the establishment. Even a chain such as Bonefish does a far better job and they aren't what I'd call cheap. The killer at Lopez occurred a year or so ago when my wife was unable to bite into her burger which was ordered because she didn't find any entree worth ordering at the inflated prices. The problem: it was served with a rubber glove between the beef and the lettuce & tomato! Yes, you're reading correctly- somehow a glove got into the burger and that is inexcusable!

As for ambiance, that went away when they enclosed the patio into a too large, noisy room. The middle room is not comfortable when sitting in a booth and the chairs throughout have seen better days, although they could have been replaced since my last visit. Plus, a view of the golf course would be expected at a country club. Seems they forgot that at Lopez, Palmer & others on the south side.
I judge food on quality not price, Almost every restaurant we go to for dinner the entree"s are more than $20. I would rather pay 30 for a great entree than $12 for oh it is okay.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I judge food on quality not price, Almost every restaurant we go to for dinner the entree"s are more than $20. I would rather pay 30 for a great entree than $12 for oh it is okay.
I certainly will not follow your recommendation for any restaurant! Suggest you reread my post without a preconceived bias. It's difficult to digest a glove and harder to consider that a "great entree"! Methinks $15 to $20 is the correct range for most offerings, including soup or salad, here in central Florida. How many of Lopez limited entrees are under $20? I recall only one. If you agree that Chefs of Napoli is a top restaurant, check their upscale menu prices.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Eternal Member

42 of us went to Lopez last Tuesday for our annual Christmas Dinner. We had a wonderful time. The service & the food was all great. No one had any complaints.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,318 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
I certainly will not follow your recommendation for any restaurant! Suggest you reread my post without a preconceived bias. It's difficult to digest a glove and harder to consider that a "great entree"! Methinks $15 to $20 is the correct range for most offerings, including soup or salad, here in central Florida. How many of Lopez limited entrees are under $20? I recall only one. If you agree that Chefs of Napoli is a top restaurant, check their upscale menu prices.
Here in Central Florida or here in the Villages. Get out of the bubble and see the poverty around us. $15 to $20 for an entree? With soup or salad.

No restaurant here can serve great food with such unrealistic prices. Too many "thrify" people here with very long deep pockets and alligator arms
Old 12-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Sage
Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Here in Central Florida or here in the Villages. Get out of the bubble and see the poverty around us. $15 to $20 for an entree? With soup or salad.

No restaurant here can serve great food with such unrealistic prices. Too many "thrify" people here with very long deep pockets and alligator arms
15 to 20 for an entree with a soup or salad? I don't thinks for a quality freshly prepared meal.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Sage
Default Entree's

Quote:
Everyone has a different budget. The entree's are not under $20 at any of the better restaurants. You do not need to eat at restaurants that I recommend.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We have gone to Nancy Lopez many, many times and we have gone as a couple and as a neighborhood group and as a golf group and each time the food was good and the service was good.

I am shocked to hear of a rubber glove in a sandwich. Shocked and incredulous as well. This forum posts anything and I did believe the post about a tiny mouse in a salad in another restaurant that came from a supplier of bagged salads. Yuck. The servers at Nancy Lopez have always been extremely good and I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have noticed a rubber glove sticking out of a hamburger sandwich.

It is more expensive than most of the other country clubs but it has always been a nice meal.
One said that people in Central Florida can't afford it. Well that all depends on how they handle their money and what they choose to spend it on and how often they eat out.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-12-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post

I agree completely. Love your “”deep pockets , alligator arms “ analogy.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:28 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
as usual.

Did you take inventory of the vodka fluids???

After "the other post", I checked on their inventory and they had the brands which were reported as missing.

Glad you had an enjoyable evening and shared.

Get ready for the negative people to post!!
Old 12-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

One of the best meals we have had since we moved in a year and a half ago. Maybe we are easier to please than others. Whatever the reason our waiter just added to the overall beautiful night out. We were out with family and they have requested to go there when they return over the Christmas Holidays.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:07 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
42 of us went to Lopez last Tuesday for our annual Christmas Dinner. We had a wonderful time. The service & the food was all great. No one had any complaints.
42?? Yikes! Any kitchen that can handle 42 people arriving at the same time has got to have something going for it.

I've only been there three times, but I enjoyed each very much.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Last night...party of 24...went off without a hitch...as per usual. Excellent service, food and no lack of high end booze for those who wanted it!

14th year in a row and that is why we always go back!!
Old 12-14-2017, 01:02 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
42?? Yikes! Any kitchen that can handle 42 people arriving at the same time has got to have something going for it.

I've only been there three times, but I enjoyed each very much.
When reservations were made, they had us all seated together and they gave us reservation times of 6:30 & 6:45. However they were very good and took all the orders in a short time. We were told everything wouldn't come out at once, that was fine. We were enjoying friends & drinks. However, meals came out very close together. Everyone had their meals in less than 10 minutes.
It was awesome service & food.

Tags
great, sad, attentive, folks, quick

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.