Let’s talk Coffee ☕️

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2022, 06:10 AM
Default K-coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
Good Day. Sorry I do not have an answer for you, but I do have a question. Back in my past life in NY I had a french press and would grind either Jamaica Blue, Hawaiin Kona or a mix of Guatemala/Antigua. I'd get the burlap bags whole bean and grind it right before making a cup. With the advent of K cups, and life getting busier (not retired yet) I have switched to a K cup for my morning coffee (Cuisinart K Cup brewer). I have tried many many brands (even the types mentioned above) but have not found one that is "consistently" good. I try brand xyz and it is great. Brew the next cup of xyz and not so great. The water I use is consistent (spring). Temperature the same but the taste still varies. Do you have any suggestion of a kcup that you like? Thanks.
Angelino’s coffee and tea, the best K-cup coffee I’ve ever had. Order on line and receive it in 3-4 days.
Old 08-21-2022, 06:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,685 Times in 5,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymurph View Post
Angelino’s coffee and tea, the best K-cup coffee I’ve ever had. Order on line and receive it in 3-4 days.
You can also order it from Amazon and get it in one day with free shipping.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:54 AM

Koa Premium Hawaiian Coffee is my favorite. Fantastic flavor, best overall quality. Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Happy Mug – Opening Soon has an excellent espresso (Bigfoot blend). I can't live without it.

Hike naked, it adds color to your cheeks!
Old 11-22-2022, 11:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Best cup of coffee I could find was at Johnny Rocket's at LSL. I was quite surprised.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 11-23-2022, 05:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
I used to home roast for many years. I quit when my last roaster quit. Got started with Sweet Maria’s. I buy whole bean from two sources now.

Coffee Bean Direct - Shop Coffee Beans Online - Free Shipping

Coffee Hawaii | Kona Purple Mountain.
This company is just as the website says. Family owned and if you call them you will most likely talk to Donna. We have been buying coffee from them over 20 years.

We also use this coffee maker.

Moccamaster USA: Premium Pour-Over Coffee Brewers

I threw my Moccamaster out. (Actually, I gave it to GoodWill.) Worst coffeemaker I've ever owned, worst tasting coffee brewed from that thing. Unfortunately, I still have the one in France, due to available space issues. I admit it's a nice slim design.

I think we've had this discussion before, so enough said. I do like your coffee roaster choices, though.

Last edited by CFrance; 11-23-2022 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2022, 11:46 PM
Default Nexpresso Coffee Maker

That's Nespresso with an 'N'. Made by Breville. This type of coffee maker extracts the maximum flavor from the capsules by centrifical force. No dripping. And the capsules can be recycled. If you want to try a cup, you can go to a Nespresso Boutique. And I did the research. The closest Nespresso Boutique is here: 4298 Millenia Boulevard
32839 Orlando. That's Macy's in the Millenia Mall.
Tel. (800) 562-1465
Enjoy! MarvinH

Last edited by marvinh11791; 11-23-2022 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 11-24-2022, 10:32 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts

After golf my group routinely goes to McDonalds. They have a good cup of coffee for 79 cents. Oh, refill if you want. Once we did go to Starbucks. I never heard such screams over their prices. We are a “cheap” Midwest kind of group.
Old 11-25-2022, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
After golf my group routinely goes to McDonalds. They have a good cup of coffee for 79 cents. Oh, refill if you want. Once we did go to Starbucks. I never heard such screams over their prices. We are a “cheap” Midwest kind of group.
Not "cheap"! "Frugal", "financially responsible". Too intelligent to fall for the scam of over priced coffee. Know a decent cup of "Joe" when you taste it. Unwilling to be fleeced for the sake of appearance. Many other things as well. But, absolutely NOT cheap!
My hat is off to you, oh wise and noble coffee aficionado.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
Keurig coffee makers harbor bacteria and mold and should be cleaned regularly and replaced every few years. Do an internet search and make sure yours is clean, especially if you don't want bad coffee. This is a public service announcement LOL. It's why I do pourover.
If you clean it regularly you don't have to replace it until it breaks. The instructions that come with the Keurig specify that you should clean it regularly, and they sell the cleaning products in ready-to-use packets/containers.

Mine has a charcoal water filter that snaps in to the water reservoir. Plus I pull out the well where the k-pod goes and clean that every week, plus I run the cleaner through every few months. PLUS I use filtered water to begin with, so there's less sediment that can grow bacteria.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drea View Post
I too was disappointed with my Keurig coffee and switched back to my Mister Coffee machine. I grind my bean also but didn't like the brew. I think the water in the Keurig just doesn't get hot enough for a good brew. There was always a "foam" on top and seemed not hot enough.
Keurig uses a burst of pressure at the end of the process, which creates a thin layer of crema in your cup. That's actually a good thing. Complaining about the crema in your coffee is like complaining that the bartender didn't put a cherry in your glass of Krug Brut champagne.
Closed Thread

Tags
coffee, south, place, let’s, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.