Lighthouse Bar and Grill Changes

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2021, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterray1 View Post
My wife and I visited there a couple of weeks ago. We sat at the bar like usual but noticed that the restaurant was not busy like normal. I asked for menus and received what looked like lunch menus. I asked the bartender and was told they were new and that the dinner entrees were eliminated. Basically now mostly sandwiches, fried food and apps. Was told that they were streamlining things to be more efficient in the kitchen. We previously really liked the butterfish and the baked fish options but no longer available. Might make sense for cost efficiency but not customer friendly imo. Maybe opening the new restaurant in Spanish Springs has spread them too thin.
That's a good point. We went to Augustines 1812 for the first time a couple weeks ago and was disappointed. No problem with the server, but the menu was sparse. We had pre-selected what we wanted from their menu on The Villages Gourmet Club site, but nothing we wanted was available. We chose the next best thing and it was nothing to talk about. We won't be going back anytime soon.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
When were you elected thread monitor?
Yes
Old 06-09-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Runner View Post
Ditto. (Sorry I couldn't resist)
Yes, again.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:11 PM
Default Unbelievable!...

What I see now it's more like Captain D's or Long JohnSilver What a waste of a great location!!... **** poor reviews all one stars now!... ...
They will be closing soon! ...Another great location and restaurants turn to creap!!!...
Plastic Silverware, Plates, and cups ONLY Belong in FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS! .... And NEVER WITH WINE....Except for Thunderbird or Mad Dog 20/20 or Hillsberry Farms....lmfao
Old 06-14-2021, 06:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
The venue deserves much better. If they're having trouble meeting expenses ( which I suspect), sell it to someone who can make it worth the visit.
How does that work exactly ? You have food costs, wages and rents all going up but if they charge a few dollars more all The Villagers will cry that it is overpriced and will stop going there. Are you suggesting somebody should buy it and lose money ?
Old 06-14-2021, 06:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisbum View Post
We went there twice last month for the "oysters" and were served some of the most anemic, small and tasteless oysters I ever had. I had thought maybe the first time they were running low, so we tried one more time. Will not make that mistake again. We have heard numerous complaints from our groups about the food. Will not return......
You never eat oysters in any month that doesn't have an "r" in it. Common knowledge in oyster harvesting communities.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:55 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
You never eat oysters in any month that doesn't have an "r" in it. Common knowledge in oyster harvesting communities.
Except when I walk down the dock and get a fresh bucket for the grill.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:04 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
How does that work exactly ? You have food costs, wages and rents all going up but if they charge a few dollars more all The Villagers will cry that it is overpriced and will stop going there. Are you suggesting somebody should buy it and lose money ?
It works by putting in a menu that will draw diners in, doing the math to determine cost of goods and labor cost and then setting your menu prices. Then you hire great staff and prepare your food consistently and serve hot food hot and cold food cold.

Yes, there is a contingent of residents here who only want cheap BUT there is a larger and growing contingent who will not settle for slop and are willing to pay for quality. I don't see Blue Fin, Lopez, Palmers, or Chop House suffering.

The Lighthouse sits on a great venue and there is so much that could done there. I just don't see the current owners doing it.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

Don’t eat there often, but we were there in early January, it was good. Went back in late March and it was terrible. All things described in this thread.

Agree, the water front location is great.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
We have often eaten them in Mary!
Old 06-16-2021, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Heard that all my adult life, of course I've been known to add a letter to some 'r' challenged months like Jurne, Jury and Argust!
Old 06-29-2021, 07:07 PM

Need a new menu
Old 06-30-2021, 06:20 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Runner View Post
Heard that all my adult life, of course I've been known to add a letter to some 'r' challenged months like Jurne, Jury and Argust!
That was a practice B4 refrigeration
Old 07-01-2021, 06:17 AM
Veteran member

Want great seafood and low prices? Essex Seafood in Pearson FL is worth the 1 hour trip. Cash only, closes early in week. Check first
Old 07-01-2021, 07:00 AM
Veteran member

Off my list months ago. Had oysters last Friday at Nancy Lopez,,,not very good service poor and oysters small and tasteless...maybe its the month June...will try again
Closed Thread

Tags
lighthouse, bar, grill, past, walk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.