Lighthouse Bar and Grill Changes

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2021, 08:29 PM

Had the worst oysters there a few months ago. Have not been back since. I have heard more then one person say they will not go back. Something changed and there are too many better options then taking a chance with them. I will come back once they close down and reopen with another management group.
Old 08-24-2021, 11:44 AM
Default No longer an Option

Used to enjoy Lighthouse… butterfish, lobster, crab… ate outside each time… Now it’s not enjoyable… no dishes… no metal utensils… disposable cups… diminished quantity of food… not a dining experience any more… much like a low quality picnic…. Location deserves better… used to go at least every other week when in town… now likely will not go back… butterfish not even on menu but they serve it…. Waitress said due to customer demand. Piece of fish over rice in a cardboard tray… no sides…. Plastic utensils…. Will not be returning… great example of mediocrity seized from the jaws of success with zero customer focus
Old 08-24-2021, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
The venue deserves much better. If they're having trouble meeting expenses ( which I suspect), sell it to someone who can make it worth the visit.
Like all restaurants here, I am guessing they signed a five year lease. Restaurants die at an amazing rate. It is very hard to manage money when there is a lot for three months and not as much for nine.

Someone said they dropped draft beer as one of the first changes. I wonder if that was because it was more expensive than bottled beer. I really liked the person who took it over from The Morses. She had managed it for years, but the Morses had a solid financial cache to get them through the slow times. I don't know. It used to be one of our favorite places to take visitors.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We went there for the first time a few weeks ago.

Food was good but served a large piece of fried halibut in very small cardboard basket making it hard to eat. Not to mention plastic utensils.
yeah, the plastic forks have to go. it's next to impossible to eat anything with those when they snap in 2. very disappointing
Old 08-25-2021, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Like all restaurants here, I am guessing they signed a five year lease. Restaurants die at an amazing rate. It is very hard to manage money when there is a lot for three months and not as much for nine.

Someone said they dropped draft beer as one of the first changes. I wonder if that was because it was more expensive than bottled beer. I really liked the person who took it over from The Morses. She had managed it for years, but the Morses had a solid financial cache to get them through the slow times. I don't know. It used to be one of our favorite places to take visitors.
Draft beer is cheaper than bottled beer, and it is a cash cow for most bars. I don't understand why they stopped selling it.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:53 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Anyone aware of any recent changes to the Lighthouse Bar and Grill. Usually has full tables and people awaiting seating. Within last week seems like crowds have disappeared. Just an observation, as we walk past every evening.
Mediocre seafood gave up going there pre pandemic, quantity and quality were lacking
Old 08-31-2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Anyone aware of any recent changes to the Lighthouse Bar and Grill. Usually has full tables and people awaiting seating. Within last week seems like crowds have disappeared. Just an observation, as we walk past every evening.
We just went there today right before noon and it was DEAD~!!! Nobody was in there, only one size of clam chowder.....prices increased....won't be going back. So sad, one of our favorite places in the past. I guess cutting back to paper and plastic works for them but the sizes have decreased A LOT!
Old 08-31-2021, 01:18 PM
Platinum member

$3.75 for a bottle of Coors light. Never again

Tags
lighthouse, bar, grill, past, walk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.