Lighthouse Point Restaurant in Lake Sumter

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Default Lighthouse Point Restaurant in Lake Sumter

We just came from dinner at the Lighthouse Point and we very disappointed with their Covid precautions. The menus were not disposable,same menu used over and over again. None of the workers that we can in contact with ,the greeters,the waitress and waiters, and the cleanup people were wearing masks. The salt and pepper shakers were on the table and were not wiped down after the table was cleared between uses.We did stay for dinner but we will not be going back until these problems are fixed. I know there are a whole lot of people who are not as easy going as we are and would want to know about this before they wasted their time going down there.This is my first post because I don't like to be a complainer, but I thought all restaurant workers were supposed to wear masks and either wipe down reusable items or use disposable.Just a heads up to everyone.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:04 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Since you stayed for dinner...how was it?
Steve
Old 05-12-2020, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I was busy this afternoon but wanted to get my shopping at Colony Walmart done while I was out. I thought I'd stop at McDonalds for a quick bite. They have the outside tables and inside tables all roped off, no eating on premises, why did they even open up the inside registers?

I had been to Trailwinds a couple of days ago and Wendys, Taco Bell and Burger King are all back to normal. So I ended going to Fiesta Grande. The hostess meets you outside, and sprays your hands with sanitizer. There were four groups eating counting ourselves, so we were all about 20' apart. The menu was a temporary sheet of paper, but it was really just the lunch menu from before and I ordered the #6 like usual. A soft beef taco with rice and beans. It was good.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:22 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by trclark View Post
We just came from dinner at the Lighthouse Point and we very disappointed with their Covid precautions. The menus were not disposable,same menu used over and over again. None of the workers that we can in contact with ,the greeters,the waitress and waiters, and the cleanup people were wearing masks. The salt and pepper shakers were on the table and were not wiped down after the table was cleared between uses.We did stay for dinner but we will not be going back until these problems are fixed. I know there are a whole lot of people who are not as easy going as we are and would want to know about this before they wasted their time going down there.This is my first post because I don't like to be a complainer, but I thought all restaurant workers were supposed to wear masks and either wipe down reusable items or use disposable.Just a heads up to everyone.
Thank you for the heads up - I will put them on my list of places to stay away from when I finally wander out.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:24 PM

Dinner was good but not very hot, like it was sitting for awhile before being served. I really dislike cold fries.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

never have been impressed with the lighthouse restaurant

been there twice and both times the food was awful and the service was questionable

they'll get it together or it'll be up for sale
Closed Thread

Tags
lighthouse, point, people, workers, table

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.