Lighthouse Rest.

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy48 View Post
Am I the only one that thinks the Lighthouse owes these people nothing? They were well enough to order their food and, from his own statement, the women possibly mixed alcohol while on "heavy duty meds." How is that possibly the fault of the restaurant? Why should the restaurant be out the money when they prepared and served the meals? I guess I'm surprised that you haven't gone after the restaurant for the medical expenses incurred, although maybe you've done that also.
Jazzy,
I don't think it's a question of the restaurant "owing" them something. It's just the right thing to do. As for Tom not going after the restaurant for medical expenses, this doesn't surprise me in the least. It's also the right thing to do.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:20 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy48 View Post
[B] I guess I'm surprised that you haven't gone after the restaurant for the medical expenses incurred, although maybe you've done that also.

I DID NOT post on this thread to badmouth The Lighthouse restaurant. I only expressed my concern about not be reimbursed for the food we ordered and never ate. When my wife refused medical attention, I wanted to get her home to a more comfortable surrounding ASAP..
Meanwhile, the other woman (the previous stroke victim) was taken to the hospital and a forth member of our party joined her in the ambulance. The food was not yet ready and there was concern over who would pay the bill. The Lone Ranger would have left a silver bullet and said 'Hi Yo Silver' and left in a cloud of dust. I wasn't as dramatic. I left $70 on the table and jumped in my Mini Cooper and was gone. There was no cloud of dust nor did I cry out any cliche.

Yes, everything could have been handled differently, but under the circumstance and all the chaos, nobody was thinking clearly. I called the restaurant manager and she apologized and promised to give us a freebie next time around. I never accused The Lighthouse of serving tainted alcohol. Did the thought cross my mind that something was wrong with the drinks? Of course it did. How can I not? I have never seen this happen before. Yes, it could have been the medication that did the women in, but the mystery will never be solved. There is no finger pointing by me.

I have eaten at The Lighthouse on six occasions in the four months I was in The Villages. It is a nice restaurant and I intend to return again. But I do expect the courtesy of a replacement dinner. If The Lighthouse refuses to do so, then I guess I will simply post a protest on TOTV and never eat there again.

PS: To Jazzy 48. I'll take your ridiculous quote as being made by someone who was having a bad day. And I don't know why I'm wasting my time with this long winded reply to defend myself.

Final note: There have a few (very few) TOTV posters who have gotten under my skin. I can add you to the list.

Another PS: I will be leaving for TV this morning for two weeks and won't have a computer. If there are any other negative comments about my integrity the world will have to wait until I return to NY to respond. Have a nice day.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
I DID NOT post on this thread to badmouth The Lighthouse restaurant. I only expressed my concern about not be reimbursed for the food we ordered and never ate. When my wife refused medical attention, I wanted to get her home to a more comfortable surrounding ASAP..
Meanwhile, the other woman (the previous stroke victim) was taken to the hospital and a forth member of our party joined her in the ambulance. The food was not yet ready and there was concern over who would pay the bill. The Lone Ranger would have left a silver bullet and said 'Hi Yo Silver' and left in a cloud of dust. I wasn't as dramatic. I left $70 on the table and jumped in my Mini Cooper and was gone. There was no cloud of dust nor did I cry out any cliche.

Yes, everything could have been handled differently, but under the circumstance and all the chaos, nobody was thinking clearly. I called the restaurant manager and she apologized and promised to give us a freebie next time around. I never accused The Lighthouse of serving tainted alcohol. Did the thought cross my mind that something was wrong with the drinks? Of course it did. How can I not? I have never seen this happen before. Yes, it could have been the medication that did the women in, but the mystery will never be solved. There is no finger pointing by me.

I have eaten at The Lighthouse on six occasions in the four months I was in The Villages. It is a nice restaurant and I intend to return again. But I do expect the courtesy of a replacement dinner. If The Lighthouse refuses to do so, then I guess I will simply post a protest on TOTV and never eat there again.

PS: To Jazzy 48. I'll take your ridiculous quote as being made by someone who was having a bad day. And I don't know why I'm wasting my time with this long winded reply to defend myself.

Final note: There have a few (very few) TOTV posters who have gotten under my skin. I can add you to the list.

Another PS: I will be leaving for TV this morning for two weeks and won't have a computer. If there are any other negative comments about my integrity the world will have to wait until I return to NY to respond. Have a nice day.

Tom....Hope you read this before you leave communication behind. I think you have the directions...Please stop over while you are here you two!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Tom....Hope you read this before you leave communication behind. I think you have the directions...Please stop over while you are here you two!
Ill be there. Leaving in an hour
Old 11-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:

Another PS: I will be TV this morning for two weeks and won't have a computer. If there are any other negative comments about my integrity the world will have to wait until I return to NY to respond. Have a nice day.
Well said Tom!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:41 PM

I like this place and enjoy the butterfish and steamers a couple of times each month. Amazing how the outside table of chain smokers always gets seated upwind of all the other tables though.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Platinum member

A FOLLOW UP to The Lighthouse.

I called today and they will honor my bill from last August. I spoke to the manager and she told me to stop in with my bill of $67 and they will cover me. THIS IS WHAT A GOOD RESTAURANT WILL DO. If those who have no clue to what I am talking about, you can start by reading post #14. Long Live The Light House. PS: The Light House is still under the same ownership. Contrary to the rumors it was sold.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
A FOLLOW UP to The Lighthouse.

I called today and they will honor my bill from last August. I spoke to the manager and she told me to stop in with my bill of $67 and they will cover me. THIS IS WHAT A GOOD RESTAURANT WILL DO. If those who have no clue to what I am talking about, you can start by reading post #14. Long Live The Light House. PS: The Light House is still under the same ownership. Contrary to the rumors it was sold.
I guess all the hand wringing was not necessary.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
To Ed and Judy::: Two women in my party collapsed after ordering the meal but before it came. One woman was taken to hospital. The other was my wife. There was no explaination as to why both fainted, but everything checked out at hospital. Could the cosmo's they drank have been tainted? Possibly. Could because both women were on heavy duty medicine for other health issues, the alcohol they drank knock them for a loop? The answer will never be resolved. But because of all the confusion, the waitress expected me to pay for the dinners. I paid (I shouldn't have) When I called The Lighthouse the next day, the manager promised us "It would be on the house" next time. This happened a few days before my return trip to NY. There were no coupons,vouchers or anything. Just a promise. Will they honor our dinners the next time we are in TV? I hope so. If not I'll be on a rant on TOTV.
Waitress was a little cold ,considering two ladies had passed out in the place. Where was the manager than?
Old 02-03-2012, 05:46 PM

My favorite place to go when I visit. Nice views and decent food.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:36 PM

I'm glad it worked out, Tom. We really enjoy going to the Lighthouse and their decision to honor the commitment they made says a lot about the management.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 02-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Default Lighthouse

Tom, reading your post, it was clear that you were not bad-mouthing the restaurant but instead letting us know of your experience at the restaurant. I, too, recently was given less than positive comments when I wrote about my experience with another restaurant. I do not know what is wrong with people in "The Friendliest Hometown" but more people need to stop attacking those who write on this forum just because they feel like it.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dporta View Post
Tom, reading your post, it was clear that you were not bad-mouthing the restaurant but instead letting us know of your experience at the restaurant. I, too, recently was given less than positive comments when I wrote about my experience with another restaurant. I do not know what is wrong with people in "The Friendliest Hometown" but more people need to stop attacking those who write on this forum just because they feel like it.
Yes, a small percentage of people need to bust chops and look at negativity. I never once bad mouthed the Light House. Like you said "I brought my attention as to what happened" and was hoping they would honor their promise when I returned to NY. They are going to do that. If anything, my post helped customer relations and gave TOTV people a reason to go to The Light House.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.