Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Please enlighten us.How you know the difference
I was born in Conn and 47 years later moved to Maine
Live here 21 years and counting winter in the Villages summer here in Maine
Lobster from Conn taste just like the ones in Maine
So do the ones caught off the Massachusetts coast...
Old 07-31-2019, 11:21 AM
Veteran member

I had two great whole lobsters at Blue Fin and being from up north, I can say they were outstanding. Why are there food trucks in Brownwood?
Old 07-31-2019, 01:12 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
I had two great whole lobsters at Blue Fin and being from up north, I can say they were outstanding. Why are there food trucks in Brownwood?
It was Woofgang on 101 at Palm Ridge
Old 07-31-2019, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

If you want a whole lobster in a restaurant BlueFin's are great. If you want to eat at home you can order whole New Englasters from Lighthouse Seafood Market on 466.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:42 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
If you want a whole lobster in a restaurant BlueFin's are great. If you want to eat at home you can order whole New Englasters from Lighthouse Seafood Market on 466.
Good to know. The lobster the grilled bun and the clam chowder were all so good and just as I remembered them.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
OOOH, OOOH, I'll take Lobster for $800 Alex.

Cold Water Lobster is Delicious and Warm Water Lobster is Garbage!

There is undoubtedly a difference and a think a Taste test is in order!

Maine Lobster is Real. Florida Lobster is from

Fugazy Land!
Oh! I'm sorry you are wrong Cliff.... you didn't put your answer in the form of a question.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Oh! I'm sorry you are wrong Cliff.... you didn't put your answer in the form of a question.
Technicalities Alex! That YouTube Song Applies here also! Does that mean I don't get the 8 Beans? I was gonna buy Lobster for Everyone.

Same idea without looking at the Singers Happy Feet! Pharrell Williams - Happy (Official Music Video) - YouTube
Old 07-31-2019, 07:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Just discovered the Cousins Maine Lobster truck and it was the best lobster roll and clam chowder I have had since we left New England.
Did you get the Connecticut or Maine lobster roll? I prefer CT. You can sign up to be notified by email whenever they will be in The Villages.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-31-2019, 07:10 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Did you get the Connecticut or Maine lobster roll? I prefer CT. You can sign up to be notified by email whenever they will be in The Villages.
The Maine lobster roll. That is what I am used to. I like a lobster dinner with butter but a lobster roll with mayo.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Their web site lists the area where they sustainably catch their lobsters--in Maine.
Old 08-02-2019, 03:54 PM

The cousins were on "Shark Tank"and Barbara partnered with them. Her strategy was to franchise, and that is what they did. The boys are from Maine.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:02 PM
Platinum member

They are opening another of their restaurants in Clearwater on Saturday.
The trucks move around and you have to ck their website every week to see where they are.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I'm with you 100% on that. I'm from Connecticut though so I may be biased. Did you know...

It's not really a "Connecticut" thing. Not a state-wide thing. It's mostly just on the shoreline from New Haven up, and in several fried-fish seafood joints inland in New Haven County. In Hartford and Ledyard, it's cold lobster salad in a bun, with mayo.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I am going slightly off topic here ......... I am very much in favor of food trucks, whether it be LOBSTER (yes), Mexican, Indian .... whatever, the food is usually excellent or the truck does not last too long. However, I would think that for them to park their food truck in TV would cost them which, I suppose, is why the Lobster truck is in Palm Ridge which TV do not own. I don't think TV would allow restaurants on wheels to take money out of TV without leaving them a piece of the profits. Also, there must be a lot of regulations on these food trucks from the local councils.

We spent several years in the UK and Oxford Street in London had lots of outside food stands which was a great way for office works and tourists to get lunch without spending time in a restaurant waiting to be seated and served. I have relatives in Singapore and they always eat their evening meals off the food trucks or street stands.

The Mods might tell me I should have started a new topic on food trucks.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-03-2019, 01:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I am going slightly off topic here ......... I am very much in favor of food trucks, whether it be LOBSTER (yes), Mexican, Indian .... whatever, the food is usually excellent or the truck does not last too long. However, I would think that for them to park their food truck in TV would cost them which, I suppose, is why the Lobster truck is in Palm Ridge which TV do not own. I don't think TV would allow restaurants on wheels to take money out of TV without leaving them a piece of the profits. Also, there must be a lot of regulations on these food trucks from the local councils.

We spent several years in the UK and Oxford Street in London had lots of outside food stands which was a great way for office works and tourists to get lunch without spending time in a restaurant waiting to be seated and served. I have relatives in Singapore and they always eat their evening meals off the food trucks or street stands.

The Mods might tell me I should have started a new topic on food trucks.
Food trucks are regulated in Florida and perhaps you haven’t seen the news that The Viilages have arranged for several food trucks south of 44.
Closed Thread

Tags
lobster, england, left, chowder, cousins

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.