Looking for high end liquor store

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2017, 04:30 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Went on the Liquorama website for grins. Prices are outrageously high compared to Total Wine in Orlando or other on line sites. If it's something you absolutely can't get anywhere else, fine. But for quite a few single malts, etc., there are better places to shop.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:39 PM
Platinum member

I went on Liquorama also and found a good price on Absolut Elyx. After you add in the shipping of $20, it wasn't much of a bargain.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:34 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I would not use them for stuff you can buy around here. Doesn't make sense. But if you are looking for something hard to find, they usually have it at a somewhat competitive price. And once you buy something from them, you get specials like free shipping or % discount coupons. I buy wine from them sometimes, but I always get free shipping. The OP was looking for items he couldn't source locally. This place had it. Not the place to buy everyday items. Only things hard to find elsewhere.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Does it really make difference? It's all colored (aged) moonshine and tastes like kerosene?
Old 10-22-2017, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Does it really make difference? It's all colored (aged) moonshine and tastes like kerosene?
Like Good scotch or wine, whiskey is something you love or not. My youngest is Certified in scotch, I i’m certified in wine. I am not a fan of scotch and he is not a fan of wine. However we can both pick up a sample of wine or scotch, tell you what notes it has, tell you roughly where it’s came from, how old it is.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Like Good scotch or wine, whiskey is something you love or not. My youngest is Certified in scotch, I i’m certified in wine. I am not a fan of scotch and he is not a fan of wine. However we can both pick up a sample of wine or scotch, tell you what notes it has, tell you roughly where it’s came from, how old it is.
You continue to amaze me. My father was said to be able to discern the year and place the grapes were grown of the wine he tasted. He was a brewmaster by trade.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:20 PM
Default vintage bourbons

I have slowed down quite a bit on my drinking. I have several bottles of vintage bourbons I would like to sell that I know I will never get around to drinking. When I say vintage I'm talking about the 1970's era. Most bottles still have a tax stamp seal on the bottles. I can send someone pics to post. If anyone wants to pm me that's fine too.
Mike
Closed Thread

Tags
weller, bourbon, antigue, angels, rye

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.