Business In Spanish Springs

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Default Business In Spanish Springs

When we closed in 2006 there was a restaurant on the corner in the same building the Spanish Springs sales office. I notice it is closed and now Main Street Bistro is closed. There was also the best store on the corner across from the Market Street Bistro and that building is now empty. The store next to Kirklands is also empty. Do stores and restaurants have a hard time making here? Not on the outskirts, but in the actual town squares. I bet the rent is unbelievable.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Business In Spanish Springs

Good question. I have a lot of thoughts on this matter which I won't go into here. But, the short answer is yes, it is tough doing business here. There any many factors which contribute to the business models in TV and overhead cost issues is but one which I think ranks lower in terms of significance compared to other factors. The affairs of retail businesses in TV are conducted within a unique paradigm that is dynamic with respect to age/generational demographics, spending habits, disposable income, community growth and traffic patterns etc. The usual forces of economics are always given serious consideration when developing a prospective business plan here or anywhere else i.e. supply-demand, market competition, product quality, sales price and volume, etc. The core factor, I think, as to why we are seeing some businesses fail here, in particular, relates to an over projection of sales volume over the start-up phase. Businesses anticipate this expense-exceeds-income phase of the start-up curve and will absorb that cost, but only for a while, with hope that volume will increase. If the curve remains flat over time, a couple of years let's say, a re-review of the business plan and projections is warranted and tough decisions must be made. We're now seeing the result of those decisions put into action. Even a business that provides the very best in terms of product quality, value, and service is destined to fail if sales volume projections aren't met. That, I think, is the crux of it. We, the community, must regularly patronize the businesses that exist here if we wish them to continue on in our town.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 09-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Business In Spanish Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
We, the community, must regularly patronize the businesses that exist here if we wish them to continue on in our town.
JohnZ - That was a great answer! And the most important part of it, to me, is the last sentence quoted above!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.