Lopez CC restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Founder
Default Lopez CC restaurant

Wednesday night we had a group of 16 people for dinner at Lopez. (it was our regular Wednesday golf group and wives). Our two servers were fantastic. They wee cute, friendly and efficient. The drinks and meals were all served in a timely fashion. The food was excellent, albeit pricey.

What struck several of us as being odd was that the restaurant manager walked past our table at least three times and didn't stop to greet us. A rough estimate would be that the table generated between $600 and $800 revenue for the restaurant. Wouldn't you expect that the manager would at least say "Hi" and "hope you're enjoying your dinner?" Maybe I'm expecting too much.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Default Re: Lopez CC restaurant

We do like the food at Lopez but we sense a change in attitude there too. Also agree that they have gotten a bit more pricey. We used to make it a point to eat there whenever we were golfing out that way but one time we stopped around 2:30 and were told they were changing over for the dinner hour so they weren't serving. The bar area was open if we chose to get sandwiches. What's with that? There are too many restaurants in TV to have to deal with that attitude. We eat out at least 5 times a week and we aren't in any hurry to frequent Lopez again.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Platinum member

You're not expecting too much. I'm not saying that the mgr should bend over backwards but be courteous enough to at least acknowledge you. Maybe even mention how all the good looking women are known to be better golfers than men. At least break the ice. Then move on. Putting a smile on everyones face and leaving them with laughter far out weighs an occassional slip. In your case there didn't seem to be any though other than the boss.

Steve
Old 08-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Eternal Member

Maybe it was the stage on dining you were in. I prefer not to be bothered from the appetizer through the entree. If the manager wants to say hi during the drink stage or the dessert stage that is fine with me. Otherwise leave me alone and let me enjoy my meal.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:49 PM

Perhaps he was bashful and since you and your lady freinds were flirting with the servers didn't want to interfere.

Well now that I got that BS out of the way, lets put it right. He had no excuse for not acknowledging your presence. Since it's part of his job to make everyone comfortable and enjoy the experience of eating, no wrong word for that restaurant it should be changed to dining. We eat at Denny, Applebees,etc. We dine at Lopez.

When you dine at special places like LOPEZ, it's not demanded that the manager come to your table to welcome and ask about your experience it's expected.

So sad to say he suffered a loss by not visiting your table and making your meals an enjoyable experience.

I would still dine at Lopez because he want be around for long if thats the way he does his job. Continue to have fun golfing along with your lady friends and dining at LOPEZ.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm with Z on this one (although I see your points too bubba), unless I'm right near the end I'm there to enjoy the food not jaw with the manager. He just needs to be visible, if I need him I'll let him know, just my .02.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:59 PM
Veteran member

I second the sentiments of Z and Golfnut.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 09-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Sage

I've been to Lopez restaurant 4 or 5 times in the past 3 - 4 years with my mother's Friday nite card group of about twelve people - the manager always stops by and thanks us for the business.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Veteran member

IMHO, too many people around here expect service staff people to suck up to them instead of just being polite and taking care of their needs.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeagle65
IMHO, too many people around here expect service staff people to suck up to them instead of just being polite and taking care of their needs.
Heaven forbid that we should expect the help to go overboard on customer service.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

Regarding a post within this thread - Patty and I have gone to Lopez CC at lot over the years and we've never been disappointed. We always try to get to know the wait staff/hostess etc. and this may take a few visits to become known and to develop a rapport. Smile...be friendly to the employees....treat them with respect. Take this attitude wherever you go....you'll be surprised. Keep in mind that these are not 5-star restaurants we're talking about. Try the warm lobster salad at Lopez....my fav (the eggplant sandwich on the lunch menu is also pretty good).

Regarding the topic post - It's always good form for a manager who just happens to be walking the serving floor to occassionaly stop to introduce him/herself and ask how things are (esp. to a large group).....that's simply good managing. But, it is not my expectation for the manager to do.

Oh...and our latest fav are the wings at the Oasis at Lopez.....I'm a picky wingnut...and they have a two for one special on Tuesday evenings. The wings a nice size and are extra crispy outside and and moist inside....great. The downside is that they only carry one speed of hot sauce that's served on-the-side and I wish they had a nuclear speed.

Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.