Lopez Legacy

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2019, 08:51 PM

So Typical of a posting on TOTV. Totally trash a new restaurant for a variety of reasons. Say this and that for your own personal vendetta. How about let them be open for a while and see how they do? Unique concept. The hounding about the pre opening inspection is ridiculous. You think they are too expensive then don't got there. Simple. Come on people. Ok, too much to ask.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:48 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

-----
Old 02-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
A newspaper that accurately reported the contents of the inspection report.

Licensing Portal - Inspection Details
With respect,that link is to a TALLAHASSEE paper. Looks like they simply repeated a story to fill space. And it doesn't speak at all to the actual circumstance.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:06 PM
Gold member

Went in yesterday with another guy after playing a round of golf. Didn't get there until after 4. We were just going to go to the bar and have a beer but by then it was completely full. I did look around a bit. This place is absolutely beautiful ! I saw a flyer on the doors saying they will start opening for lunch next week.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:56 AM

We had an absolutely lovely experience at Lopez Legacy last night. No major complaints at all, and in fact, the food, the service, and the atmosphere we’re all top-notch. We had a 7 pm reservation and were seated immediately. Our waiter was Soren who was extremely professional and very accommodating. The decor is beautiful. There were three of us and yes, it was expensive, but worth it for those of you who are “foodies“. My husband and I shared a delicious buratta salad with balsamic glaze and cherry tomatoes, and our friend had grilled octopus with Kalamata aioli, which was charred, perfectly seasoned and tender. Our friend went on to have a beautifully flavored, very tender lamb shank over truffle potato purée, and my husband and I shared the rainbow trout with almond cream sauce, sliced almonds, and bacon, and the pear and ricotta stuffed Sacchetti with a short rib sauce. My favorite was the sachetti but everything was delicious.
Only minor quibbles were that they were out of several entrees and also our first wine choice.
The upscale food preparations and high prices are not for everyone, but for us, it’s a welcome addition to the Villages for those looking for a special evening.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:39 PM

Very very pricey....! The Filet is $42.00 and on fixed income way too high. Looks like this place was renovated only for folks that are "high" spenders. Not going to make it in !!!
Old 02-11-2019, 12:59 PM

Wow, I understand that The Villages is comprised of many on a fixed income. But many are not. I own in The Villages and come down 5 - 6 times per year and Lopez and Palmer's are definitely our favorite restaurants with prices far below where we live the rest of the year.
Plus I am envious of all the really expensive homes down here (V of Bridgeport, etc.) and would assume they have the $$.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:25 PM
Platinum member

Just read a review that they sat down at 6:45 p.m. and the food didn't show up until 9 p.m. Dinner for two was $100.
OMG!

Skip!
Old 02-11-2019, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

We have had dinner there twice and did not have any long delays for food. A number of our friends have gone and loved the food and said service was fine. $100 a couple is ballpark depending on the number of courses and alcohol.Looking forward to going back.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:38 PM

Our favorite off the new menu is the mushroom brie soup. It comes in a really large bowl, really large.... could easily pair that with a salad and have a very substantial meal... reasonable priced as well.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I respectfully disagree.There are enough residents who are willing to pay for great food and service. The prices are lower than comparable restaurants in Orlando.
Agree!
Old 02-12-2019, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano_hoosier View Post
Our favorite off the new menu is the mushroom brie soup. It comes in a really large bowl, really large.... could easily pair that with a salad and have a very substantial meal... reasonable priced as well.
I did. The Caesar Salad was not as good as Cane Garden's used to be, even with the deviled egg.

I am not wishing them ill. I am just realistic. You have to maintain a certain volume every day, all year to keep a place in business and have a decent profit margin. The people here may have money, but some don't want to spend that much to dine......frequently.

We will see if they drop prices by next January. The food industry is market driven, just like anything else.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Just read a review that they sat down at 6:45 p.m. and the food didn't show up until 9 p.m. Dinner for two was $100.
OMG!

Skip!
You never know who is writing those reviews. Could be a hater of the family that owns the place or a competitor. Look at overall ratings after there are hundreds of reviews to get a better idea, not a single review.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There are a lot of people who don't want to pay $100 for one meal, very often, even if they have the money.
Right on!!!
Old 02-17-2019, 03:35 PM

Horrible experience at both the restaurant and the Breakfast at the pool. The dinner was way to expensive, the service was slow and yes George was our server as well and didnt understand most of what we were asking! The food was mediocre at best. Then the finally we went to breakfast today to try the specials and the BOGO deal and it was horrible. Waited 45 minutes for the food- i ordered the BELT (Bacon, Egg, Lettuce, Tomato) and it boasted "piled high with Crispy bacon" so after waiting forever our meals came and guess what...no Bacon on the BELT!!! Really how do you forget the Bacon on a BLT or in this case a BELT. So then the Manager brings out 2 soggy, limp pieces of bacon....one on each half. So obviously not piled HIGH and obviously not CRISP. It was horrible....my hash browns were underdone and luke warm so nothing good except the coffee! Will never go back or recommend. All they said was sorry, didnt offer to send out another sandwich or order of hash browns or anything. Thank God it was buy one get one as I would not of paid for my meal. So in my book Lopez Legacy is 0-2. Not a good start!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
entrees, menu, opening, order, soft

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.