Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Lopez Legacy (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/lopez-legacy-283738/)

Chi-Town 02-03-2019 12:04 PM

Sounds like The Villages may have finally gotten an upscale restaurant. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

graciegirl 02-03-2019 02:09 PM

We four went to Legacy on Friday night, (Oldest daughter is visiting).

Food was good, prices were high, décor not to my liking.

We four went to new restaurant on 301 across from Chefs of Napoli. It is called Sammy's. (NOT Sammy Joes) Wonderful food. prices moderate. décor not to my liking.

We all liked Sammy's the best of the two and agreed it was run very well and had delicious fare.

JSR22 02-03-2019 02:20 PM

There are so many different opinions on food in TV it is a good thing we have so many choices. We went to Sammy's found it cramped and the food not great. We liked Lopez so much we went twice last week. I love the way it is decorated. Pretty art glass and an amazing live garden wall. We found the food to be excellent and so have many of our friends who ate there. It is my new favorite place. Looking forward to seeing the full menu and hoping they open for lunch soon.

MnGirl 02-03-2019 04:07 PM

Know the truth before you analyze. As soon as this restaurant was purchased, an inspection was done, that is when the violations occurred. Then, the remodeling began and mold in the walls and other violations were solved. I got my information from the owners, so this is the truth! You who spoke too soon should really apologize for slamming before you really have the truth. This is a great forum for Villagers to speak, it can also be very damaging.

Rapscallion St Croix 02-03-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MnGirl (Post 1621708)
Know the truth before you analyze. As soon as this restaurant was purchased, an inspection was done, that is when the violations occurred. Then, the remodeling began and mold in the walls and other violations were solved. I got my information from the owners, so this is the truth! You who spoke too soon should really apologize for slamming
before you really have the truth. This is a great forum for Villagers to speak, it can also be very damaging.

The truth seems to be that the inspection took place on 25 January 2019.

Legacy Restaurant | Marion County | Restaurant Inspections | Tallahassee.com

Skip 02-03-2019 04:46 PM

I saw the menu and prices (Wow!) on The Villages Gourmet Club website, weeks ago. Here's the LINK

Skip

spring_chicken 02-03-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1621711)
The truth seems to be that the inspection took place on 25 January 2019.

Legacy Restaurant | Marion County | Restaurant Inspections | Tallahassee.com

She heard it straight from the owner. I think I'll trust the county inspection report. Truth is, NO OWNER is going to tell you the truth about health inspection violations.

JSR22 02-03-2019 06:05 PM

Lopez

Quote:

Originally Posted by spring_chicken (Post 1621723)
She heard it straight from the owner. I think I'll trust the county inspection report. Truth is, NO OWNER is going to tell you the truth about health inspection violations.

I was fortunate to have dinner there twice last week. The place is immaculate. Hundreds of people ate there and I have not heard of any health issues.
The people who are complaining about Lopez do not like the prices.

fw102807 02-03-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1621738)
I was fortunate to have dinner there twice last week. The place is immaculate. Hundreds of people ate there and I have not heard of any health issues.
The people who are complaining about Lopez do not like the prices.

First everyone complains that they want fine dining and then they complain it costs too much. :ohdear:

graciegirl 02-03-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fw102807 (Post 1621741)
First everyone complains that they want fine dining and then they complain it costs too much. :ohdear:

Not EVERYONE complains about wanting fine dining at HIGH PRICES.

I believe that the prices will need to be modified for it to survive in this market.

JSR22 02-03-2019 07:05 PM

Lopez

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1621750)
Not EVERYONE complains about wanting fine dining.

I believe that the prices will need to be modified for it to survive in this market.

I respectfully disagree.There are enough residents who are willing to pay for great food and service. The prices are lower than comparable restaurants in Orlando.

graciegirl 02-03-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1621753)
I respectfully disagree.There are enough residents who are willing to pay for great food and service. The prices are lower than comparable restaurants in Orlando.

We will see. I think by January of 2020 there will be a modification in the menu and prices there.

JSR22 02-03-2019 07:27 PM

Oh

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1621754)
We will see. I think by January of 2020 there will be a modification in the menu and prices there.

I hope not. Great food and priced correctly for the quality. There are a lot of people here who do not want to eat chain restaurant food.

graciegirl 02-03-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1621757)
I hope not. Great food and priced correctly for the quality. There are a lot of people here who do not want to eat chain restaurant food.

There are a lot of people who don't want to pay $100 for one meal, very often, even if they have the money.

sunny70 02-03-2019 11:56 PM

We live near Lopez and liked to eat there often. We went to the newly remodeled Lopez on Friday evening. I had the Seafood Risotto which was delicious ($32). Hubby had the Pork Shank which he said was good (I think it was around $25). He had two Beers and I had a glass of wine and the Bill was $82. Yes, it's high end and yes we will go back. My only comment is I think maybe an Entree costing $32 should include a small dinner salad. I don't want to see Lopez not make it because they are TOO High End. If your Customers only come for a Special Occasion at high end prices, is that better than a lower priced menu that would have them come on a weekly basis? We found Gio's a very nice place with great food and prices that will bring us back probably weekly. But! They are not what I would call "High End dining". I guess it depends on what floats your Boat!