Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,933 Times in 2,703 Posts

We live in Florida, it is a climate conducive to lots of bugs, cockroaches, and rodents. Those pesky critters find their way into our home sometime, but we still eat there. It is unavoidable. I would rather eat in a place that has a few bugs, then a place that has been nuked with nasty toxic chemicals to kill said bugs. Give Lopez a break, we can't wait to go there for dinner.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:35 PM
Platinum member

What are the prices like for entrees?
Old 01-31-2019, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
You must remember this very unpleasant quote: If you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it. J. P. Morgan

Well Lopez and Palmer Legends have always been at the high end of the pricing scale in TV and I am sure it will want to stay there, especially after spending all this money to renovate.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-31-2019, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Lopez Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
Entree's are mid 20s to low 40s
Apps 10 to 18
Sides 6 to 10
Soup 7 &8
Old 01-31-2019, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
My husband and I had dinner last evening at Lopez. WOW!!! The entire restaurant was renovated. 5 separate dining rooms each decorated beautifully. One room has a garden wall. The bar is beautiful with dramatic lighting on the far wall. Additionally, there is a small private dining room. Hard decision picking an appetizer there were many good choices. We split the grilled octopus and it was excellent. Other appetizers shrimp wellington, oysters on the 1/2 shell, beef carpaccio, fried calamari and crab cakes. Soups include lobster bisque and mushroom brie. Entree's include several pasta dishes, steaks, seafood, lamb shank and a pork chop. There were other entree's that I do not remember. The entree's were paired with a side. I had the best filet mignon I have ever eaten. It was topped with foie gras and had an excellent wine sauce. The filet was paired with truffle oil mas potatoes. My husband had the rib eye with marble salted potatoes. There are additional sides to order including lobster mac and cheese. We did not order dessert. They had key lime pie and chocolate cake. This was the soft opening menu. I asked to see the lunch menu and it has not been finalized. They are concentrating on the dinner menu. George was our server and one of my favorite servers in TV. Everything was top shelf. ambience, food and service. We will definitely return. Owners and mangers were visiting each table.

Right now it is a soft opening.
Great dining review. Thanks. It sounds like a wishlist for all looking for upscale dining within the confines.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2019, 10:08 AM

Two quick thoughts after reading the comments. First is about the inspection and app. As someone that thru my life has worked in the food industry, inspections catch some but not all issues and never will. So a clean inspection can mean very little. As far as an app to tell you what restaurant is clean, as with any info from the internet how do you know where the info came from and who put it out there and for what reason. We all know that everything you read on the internet is gospel, with sound investigation and infallible.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
Two quick thoughts after reading the comments. First is about the inspection and app. As someone that thru my life has worked in the food industry, inspections catch some but not all issues and never will. So a clean inspection can mean very little. As far as an app to tell you what restaurant is clean, as with any info from the internet how do you know where the info came from and who put it out there and for what reason. We all know that everything you read on the internet is gospel, with sound investigation and infallible.
I’ve pretty much moved on from this subject, but will clarify once and definitely move on from this issue.
The What the Health app is an electronic version of the state’s health inspection. I recognize that one must be cautious about the source of information, but direct info from the Health Department seems solid.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:47 PM
Platinum member

Looking forward to dinner at Legacy Resturant at 6! Lopez was always my favorite place, and feel sure that the Suileiman family will keep it my favorite place. Loved Amerikanos when the Suileman family owned it. (Still great with new owners).
Old 01-31-2019, 09:34 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
I’ve pretty much moved on from this subject, but will clarify once and definitely move on from this issue.
The What the Health app is an electronic version of the state’s health inspection. I recognize that one must be cautious about the source of information, but direct info from the Health Department seems solid.
Look, the inspectors are simply following a prepared script. So, an employee has a fountain drink in a cup without a lid. That's a violation. Eggs in their shell are sitting above other food in the cooler. That's a violation because who knows, the eggs could just crack all of a sudden. My point is, many of the Code violations you read on line in general amount to nothing. Case in point, if the Legacy violations were that bad, no way would they have been given a clean bill one day after. As to the mouse droppings, mice are EXTREMELY hard to get rid of, especially when they have established a home over a long period of time. Take a look at the previous inspections BEFORE the current owners took over. I fully expect the new owners to do whatever is necessary to make sure the mice are encouraged to relocate elsewhere. As for me, I'm looking forward to returning to the "new" Lopez for a great dining experience!
Old 01-31-2019, 11:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post

While I am always suspect of reviews on public sites, your app is probably about as legit...as can be found.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:01 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
Looking forward to dinner at Legacy Resturant at 6! Lopez was always my favorite place, and feel sure that the Suileiman family will keep it my favorite place. Loved Amerikanos when the Suileman family owned it. (Still great with new owners).
I think this family does a great job with all of their restaurants.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
My husband and I had dinner last evening at Lopez. WOW!!! The entire restaurant was renovated. 5 separate dining rooms each decorated beautifully. One room has a garden wall. The bar is beautiful with dramatic lighting on the far wall. Additionally, there is a small private dining room. Hard decision picking an appetizer there were many good choices. We split the grilled octopus and it was excellent. Other appetizers shrimp wellington, oysters on the 1/2 shell, beef carpaccio, fried calamari and crab cakes. Soups include lobster bisque and mushroom brie. Entree's include several pasta dishes, steaks, seafood, lamb shank and a pork chop. There were other entree's that I do not remember. The entree's were paired with a side. I had the best filet mignon I have ever eaten. It was topped with foie gras and had an excellent wine sauce. The filet was paired with truffle oil mas potatoes. My husband had the rib eye with marble salted potatoes. There are additional sides to order including lobster mac and cheese. We did not order dessert. They had key lime pie and chocolate cake. This was the soft opening menu. I asked to see the lunch menu and it has not been finalized. They are concentrating on the dinner menu. George was our server and one of my favorite servers in TV. Everything was top shelf. ambience, food and service. We will definitely return. Owners and mangers were visiting each table.
Right now it is a soft opening.
So great to hear. Beautiful place to dine!
Old 02-03-2019, 09:36 AM

I too had a great experience at Legacy. The food was fabulous. The price reflex a fine dinning experience, but so did the food. I had the Pork Shank and I can't tell you how good it was. The Shrimp Wellington as an appetizer was also my favorite. Our server was very attentive and the drinks were made correctly. The decor is very modern, and you can tell the owners want this restaurant to be a great dinning experience for special occasions. I will defiantly be back! It's difficult to start restaurants in The Villages, so please go there and then form an opinion.
Closed Thread

Tags
entrees, menu, opening, order, soft

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.