Lopez Legacy Club Remains Great!

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Eternal Member
Default Lopez Legacy Club Remains Great!

This evening, the beautiful wife and I went to Lopez Legacy Club before dinner. Happy Hour all night long! 2 Stoli Martinis and 2 Stoli Cosos were $15. Now, where - outside of The Villages can you find a bargain like that?

Gotta love it here!
Old 08-12-2017, 12:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
This evening, the beautiful wife and I went to Lopez Legacy Club before dinner. Happy Hour all night long! 2 Stoli Martinis and 2 Stoli Cosos were $15. Now, where - outside of The Villages can you find a bargain like that?

Gotta love it here!
Sounds good to me! (Assuming I know what 'Cosos' are.)
Old 08-12-2017, 05:29 AM
Email Reported As Spam

In comparison to other country clubs yes. My litmus test is not me but my spouse because she is kinder,has less a tendency to be critical than me, etc. The last time we ate at Lopez is gave it a thumbs down.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:41 AM
Gold member

Having witnessed the attitudes of some diners it's a wonder anything gets a good review. Sure I've had some crappy service at times, but there are "standards" you can objectively go by. Some of the people here have developed their own standards and since they're generally carrying lots of mental baggage their opinions of things tend to be effected by their attitudes. So when someone gives a thumb down to a restaurant I take it with a grain of salt.

As to Lopez Legacy we've twice in the past month. Both were super experiences with a prompt and knowledgable wait staff. The restaurant also has a great atmosphere.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:49 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
In comparison to other country clubs yes. My litmus test is not me but my spouse because she is kinder,has less a tendency to be critical than me, etc. The last time we ate at Lopez is gave it a thumbs down.
Instead of just saying it was a thumbs down, please explain what made it a poor experience.

My spelling error. It was a Stoli Cosmo.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
That is because she is used to your excellent home cooking, you silly. I know this only from reading what you have to say about food and Italian food. I am sure you are an excellent cook and your lovely wife is spoiled.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
...My spelling error. It was a Stoli Cosmo.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Sage

Stoli- is a mid level vodka--we don't like it--we used too, till we discovered Chopin
Old 08-12-2017, 12:52 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Stoli- is a mid level vodka--we don't like it--we used too, till we discovered Chopin
I have had Chopin. To me, it is harsh tasting compared to Stoli. But that is why there are so many different brands of vodka.

At least you did not say you prefer the flavored vodkas like Cotton Candy or Whipped Cream flavors.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:09 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That is because she is used to your excellent home cooking, you silly. I know this only from reading what you have to say about food and Italian food. I am sure you are an excellent cook and your lovely wife is spoiled.
GG: thank so much for that thoughtful compliment.

My brother and his wife eat out a lot . The subject of TV restaurants comes up occasionally and we greatly differ. His response same as yours "your wife has spoiled you". I do like americankos in Spanish Springs
Old 08-12-2017, 01:22 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
Having witnessed the attitudes of some diners it's a wonder anything gets a good review. Sure I've had some crappy service at times, but there are "standards" you can objectively go by. Some of the people here have developed their own standards and since they're generally carrying lots of mental baggage their opinions of things tend to be effected by their attitudes. So when someone gives a thumb down to a restaurant I take it with a grain of salt.

As to Lopez Legacy we've twice in the past month. Both were super experiences with a prompt and knowledgable wait staff. The restaurant also has a great atmosphere.
clearly there is some validity to what you say. However there are other factors to consider. type of meal ordered, day of the week, season...............Another factor is expectations. Also most people really do not have a dog in this fight they are just expressing their opinion.

I ordered shrimp and sea scallops at Bonefish recently. the shrimp was rubbery. the sea scallops were diametrically equal and mushy. Genuine sea scallops are not all the same size. I was disappointed and that was not a result of attitude;albeit attitude followed.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 08-12-2017, 02:40 PM
Eternal Member

My favorite drink with Stoli is the Stoli Doli at Capital Grill. They infuse the Stoli with pineapple and then serve it ice cold. It's delish !!

Tags
lopez, stoli, villages, $15, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.