Los Magueyes

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2018, 05:07 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd
Default Los Magueyes

Los Magueyes in Wildwood used to be great. However something has happened there and not for the better. My last time there will be my last time there. It was awful. A friend of mine used to go all the time so I asked him and he said he has quit going.

Why do restaurants around here start out great (for over two years there) and then change. And the change is never good.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:39 AM
Location: TV, Vero Beach, Fl., Ft. Lauderdale, Fl., Boston, Ma.

My wife and I visit this restaurant often. Except for large crowds it seems to be as good as always. Can you elaborate on what was "awful" about your last visit? Just curious. Thanks
Old 06-14-2018, 07:54 AM
Sage

Awful....as in service? Awful....as in food? Awful....as in over-all experience?? Please elaborate!
Old 06-14-2018, 08:46 AM

I have enjoyed this place the few times I have been. Great, friendly service, tasty food and very good pricing. So what went wrong for you?
Old 06-14-2018, 09:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Los Magueyes in Wildwood used to be great. However something has happened there and not for the better. My last time there will be my last time there. It was awful. A friend of mine used to go all the time so I asked him and he said he has quit going.

Why do restaurants around here start out great (for over two years there) and then change. And the change is never good.

Well ??? What happened ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2018, 09:38 AM

Though not the most convenient for us we go often because it is the best Mexican Food we have found in the area. Was there recently. Great food service etc as always.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:07 AM
Default Los Meguyes

Well, since the OP won't say what he dislikes about Los Magueyes (in Wildwood), I guess those of us that LOVE it will have to just keep spreading the word about how good the food and service is. By far the best tasting Mexican food near The Villages.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:11 PM

A Los Magueyes Mexican Restaurant recently opened in Inverness and they have the same logo so it is quite possible some of the experienced staff from the Wildwood location were moved at least temporarily to the new location to get it started. We have not found a Mexican restaurant near the TV with the menu and taste we prefer but Los Magueyes Mexican Restaurant in Wildwood is one of three we patronize we the craving hits.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAC2371 View Post
I have enjoyed this place the few times I have been. Great, friendly service, tasty food and very good pricing. So what went wrong for you?
It was still good as of last Feb.

(Love your dog!!)
Old 06-14-2018, 12:20 PM

We've eaten there several times. Food is great, service is good, place is clean. What more do you need? Oh, their margarita's are awesome!
Old 06-14-2018, 01:46 PM
Sage

It was the food that was awful. Service and margaritas were good. I will give it another try just to make certain, but I have now heard from one other person who told me it was bad. So that is 3 of us who were regulars. I hope you are all correct and it is as good as usual. Because it was the best place around for Mexican food.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
It was the food that was awful. Service and margaritas were good. I will give it another try just to make certain, but I have now heard from one other person who told me it was bad. So that is 3 of us who were regulars. I hope you are all correct and it is as good as usual. Because it was the best place around for Mexican food.

What was the awful ?

Old 06-14-2018, 02:08 PM
Sage

No taste, not hot (heat not spice), just overall bad and there were 4 of us. And all were regulars and all 4 said we wouldn't return. It was the food that was awful. I don't recall everyone's dish. I usually get a combo platter of two or three items. Chips were stale. Service was still good as usual. Three of us didn't finish our food. A few bites and didn't want any more, it was that bad.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
No taste, not hot (heat not spice), just overall bad and there were 4 of us. And all were regulars and all 4 said we wouldn't return. It was the food that was awful. I don't recall everyone's dish. I usually get a combo platter of two or three items. Chips were stale. Service was still good as usual. Three of us didn't finish our food. A few bites and didn't want any more, it was that bad.

Roger that.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. We (8 of us) were there just last week and enjoyed our food. What did the manager say when you told him/her about your food?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.