LOUD Glenview Restaurant.

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2023, 11:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Grahn View Post
They recently did a total remodel of the bar area. They have acoustic tiles in the ceiling & the new floor is also designed to have sound deadening qualities. The result is the bar is much less noisy than the dining room. We always sit in the bar.
My wife and I also prefer the bar areas for the Sam reasons
Old 01-19-2023, 02:05 PM

Hacienda was the loudest but then they fixed that. Be careful what you wish for.
Cards & conversation is for the rec centers.
Old 01-19-2023, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
Went there before Savannah show last night. Had 5pm reserv and they took us to our table quickly. Bottom line service and food was A+.

But the background noise was terrible. I have normal hearing but the din actually hurt. There was no sound deadening materials to absorb the db. Went with another couple and all agreed, so loud. It took away from a great venue.

On the way out I stopped at the front desk and complimented the manager with thumbs up for the food and service. Told him about the loud surroundings. He said “I know…”. Didn’t want to press the topic but. Then we went to see Rocky & The Rollers who were Great! And loud but that comes with the territory.

Consider the noise topic re Glenview as constructive criticism. Anyone else feel the same re Glenview???
Are you certain you have normal hearing or are you maybe in denial? Just asking.
Old 01-19-2023, 02:49 PM
Smile

Just take out your hearing aids and problem solved!
Old 01-19-2023, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I thought the sound level quite acceptable.
Mind you, I took my hearing aids out!
What did you say?
Old 01-19-2023, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
Four of us had reservations for Glenview's patio last year and I couldn't believe how loud the band was. I've never been so happy that they were 2 hours behind schedule so we left. Lopez was heaven.
Lopez can be just as bad. Music starts every day after 5pm except for Sundays. We go on Sundays sometimes and found that they turn up the volume of the canned music on their speakers. They will turn this down if you ask them.
There are a few tables on the front porch to the right as you walk in the front door, which are tolerable.
Old 01-19-2023, 04:27 PM
Default Try Loops

I frequently have this problem in many venues. I discovered a product sold online called Loops. They are basically earplugs, but don’t block the entire ear canal opening. So they reduce the volume by about 20%, or more, depending on which model you choose. I carry them in my purse and use them frequently. They have saved many outings that would otherwise have been unbearable.
Old 01-20-2023, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers999 View Post
What did you say?
haha
Old 01-20-2023, 06:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers999 View Post
Lopez can be just as bad. Music starts every day after 5pm except for Sundays. We go on Sundays sometimes and found that they turn up the volume of the canned music on their speakers. They will turn this down if you ask them.
There are a few tables on the front porch to the right as you walk in the front door, which are tolerable.
Interesting, that happens to be where we were. I'll have to ask to be there every time!
Old 01-20-2023, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
Went there before Savannah show last night. Had 5pm reserv and they took us to our table quickly. Bottom line service and food was A+.

But the background noise was terrible. I have normal hearing but the din actually hurt. There was no sound deadening materials to absorb the db. Went with another couple and all agreed, so loud. It took away from a great venue.

On the way out I stopped at the front desk and complimented the manager with thumbs up for the food and service. Told him about the loud surroundings. He said “I know…”. Didn’t want to press the topic but. Then we went to see Rocky & The Rollers who were Great! And loud but that comes with the territory.

Consider the noise topic re Glenview as constructive criticism. Anyone else feel the same re Glenview???
Realize 95% of the villages people/plus others have a hearing problem, each one talks louder than the other.. I also find most indoor places tend to be loud.. but understand the reason.. be thankful you still have good hearing.
Old 01-20-2023, 08:20 AM
Default Chop House is much quieter

There are some quieter restaurants here like Chop House. Especially the outdoor area. Pricey but worth it.
Old 01-20-2023, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
Four of us had reservations for Glenview's patio last year and I couldn't believe how loud the band was. I've never been so happy that they were 2 hours behind schedule so we left. Lopez was heaven.
We have had dinner on the patio at Lopez during live entertainment and we couldn’t carry on a conversation at all. It has been likewise at other villages’ restaurants. I don’t get the point of having loud entertainment during dinner.

Tags
loud, glenview, food, topic, noise

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.