LOVE Havana CC Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Default LOVE Havana CC Restaurant

We've eaten at Havana CC on numerous occasions. Always had EXCELLENT service and EXCELLENT food. One of their specials a couple of weeks ago was a chicken/mushroom/garlic/angel hair pasta dish (sorry...can't remember name of it!!) that was by far THE BEST DISH I'VE EVER EATEN IN MY LIFE!!! If anyone from Havana Restaurant is reading this...you need to put this dish on your fulltime menu. It was absolutely AWESOME.

Their Cuban Sandwich is also a winner!!

I highly recommend Havana Restaurant to all. I know it's my new favorite restaurant!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Angry Havanna Rest

I wish we could say the same. Very unpleasant experience tonite. We have eaten there three times witihn the last 60 days, 1st was lunch it was good.
2nd time was OK except they had changed the menu and removed some of the items we enjoyed. Tonite for dinner 4 people. Shrimp scampi, 3 very small shrimp served cold. 1 Pizza, asked to be well done, served cold and only partially cooked, Black bean soup, served very watery, Caesar salad with grilled blackened chicken. Chicken pre cooked, and served ice cold over the salad.According to the waitress. "That is how we do it" Sweet potato fries, it was obivious that these had also beeen pre cooked. They were also severed cold. Spoke to management. Not much response. Very unpleasant experience.We are full time villageresidents and we probably won't be back.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:57 PM

Their website (www.havanacc.net) encourages feedback both good and bad. If you're unhappy, post it here but also let the Havana senior managment know.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:54 AM
Default Havanna Restaurant

Thanks for th website. I will send comments to them.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Veteran member

We had lunch there on Sunday. Food was very good, service too. Only one problem. Wife asked for a Corona and they were out. Waitress suggested Sam Adams, ok waitress came back sorry no SA either. How about a Miller Lite, all gone. Waitress finally brought an Amstell Light, and it did not appear on the bill. Maybe their beer order had not arrived. But all in all we enjoyed our lunch.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:05 PM

Your post is funny...I can visualize the waitress running back and forth saying, "...sorry none of that either...". Oh well, at least they didn't charge you for it...should've ordered 2!!! Glad to hear your food and service were good. I REALLY want this restaurant to make it. I hope that people who have bad experiences give "constructive" criticism to the manager and share their ideas of how to improve. If people just give up on them and don't go back and don't share their concerns, nothing will change. I really like all the CC Restaurants...except maybe Tierra (needs to be cleaned up and remodeled) but really love the food and menu at Havana.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:19 PM

Had a good lunch at Havana today. Service from Sandy, Hank, and Chris was fine. Was told they will be having a new menu soon. More kick. Pork & pasta soup was spicy and good.

As for Tierra, go there. New management wants to change decor, menu, etc. but a remodel doesn't happen overnight during the busy season.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Veteran member

Had lunch there, fish sandwich, mediocre, nothing to write home about.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.