Lunch @ Turnpike Mike’s (at SummerGlen)

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2021, 05:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts
Default Lunch @ Turnpike Mike’s (at SummerGlen)

Turnpike Mike’s is not the easiest place to find, but it’s worth the search. It’s about 25 miles or 40 minutes from where I live in Sunset Pointe. Two years ago, we had been to Turnpike Mike’s when they had another store on Rte 200 in Ocala, so we knew what to expect and we were looking forward to it.

The guy at the next table highly recommended the Mama Mia meatball hero. It looked great.

My buddies both enjoyed their Turnpike sandwiches (“Grilled mild Italian sausage topped with sauteed peppers and onions, served on our signature garlic toasted roll 10.99 / Junior 8.99”).

I had a cold sandwich, the Arthur Avenue (“Sopressata, mortadella, genoa salami, hot capicola, thinly sliced prosciutto, provolone, and fresh mozzarella topped with roasted red peppers marinated in fresh garlic and extra virgin olive oil Whole 19.49 / Half 12.49 / Junior 10.49”). It was very good. Knowing what to expect, I ordered the “Junior” and still brought home half of it.

The Villages Florida
Half of an Arthur Avenue "Junior" ready to go home.

Two years ago, my buddy ordered a “Whole” hero on a bet. It was held together by two, large, wooden-handled ice picks. Unbelievably, he ate it all and won the bet. Today, if you can eat one with all the trimmings in under 30 minutes, it’s free and I think you also get a t-shirt. Bet you can’t eat one.

The Villages Florida
This is what half of a "Whole" sandwich looks like.

They are open to the public, Tuesday thru Saturday, 11 AM til 8 PM, inside the SummerGlen Golf Community. They also have daily specials e.g. Taco Tuesday, Wednesday Steak Night, Thursday Shrimp Boil, Friday Fish Fry and Wings, Pizza, & Stromboli Saturday.

Turnpike Mike’s (at SummerGlen)
1450 SW 154th Street Road Ocala, FL 34473
(352) 307-8788

Turnpike Mike's click here
Old 06-11-2021, 06:51 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Turnpike Mikes

Ate there several times after golf. Always great.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:28 AM
Veteran member

Always wondered why he left Rt 200 and went to a senior community. Any thoughts? Pictures of his food are enticing. Never been. Seems far and now that you say not easy to find I'm reluctant. Tips on how to get there from TV?
Old 06-11-2021, 11:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Always wondered why he left Rt 200 and went to a senior community. Any thoughts? Pictures of his food are enticing. Never been. Seems far and now that you say not easy to find I'm reluctant. Tips on how to get there from TV?
They used to have two other stores, the one on Rte 200 and another in Dunnellon. Our server, Kelsey (IIRC), was great. Loved her sense of humor. She said that she is part of the family. She'd probably know the what-fors.

The easiest way to get there is to go north on I-75 and get off at Exit 341 (Rte 484). We usually try to take more scenic routes when we go out to "lunch with the guys." Hope the little maps help. After you turn left off Rte 484 at the Burger King, it is about 2 1/4 miles south to the community gate. Reverse the procedure when leaving. Buon appetito.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 06-11-2021, 05:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
They used to have two other stores, the one on Rte 200 and another in Dunnellon. Our server, Kelsey (IIRC), was great. Loved her sense of humor. She said that she is part of the family. She'd probably know the what-fors.

The easiest way to get there is to go north on I-75 and get off at Exit 341 (Rte 484). We usually try to take more scenic routes when we go out to "lunch with the guys." Hope the little maps help. After you turn left off Rte 484 at the Burger King, it is about 2 1/4 miles south to the community gate. Reverse the procedure when leaving. Buon appetito.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Thank you. Very helpful!

Tags
turnpike, mike’s, half, junior, it’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.