Lunch experience at the Villages Light House

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2018, 10:32 AM
Default Lunch experience at the Villages Light House

Lunch experience at the Villages Light House recently was quite inadequate in several ways; poor quality food, high prices and poor service BUT the real problem was discovered later. I keep a;; credit card slips for at least one payment cycle and just happened to notice a strange charge when the credit card bill came in today……..the amount of the lunch including taxes was $XX.33……the amount posted was $XX.99 …. (I always leave at least 10% even if the service and food are of poor quality and often 15% to 20% for good food and service. So I start wondering HOW the tip get inflated by 45%...... Well I figure the only way was to inflate the tip by changing $XX.00 to
$XY 99…..an easy way to make a few extra bucks per day. This has happened to me before when I left cash tip then someone posted an additional charge to the credit card. I of course called management…trying to explain the issue to the Manager and she seemed indifferent to say the least….it became clear to me that she did not want to be bothered with my petty issue and she even threaten to review the security footage and BAR me from the Light House for life because she has been the manager many many years and the named server had worked for her for 9 years and would not do anything like I was suggesting. WOW what a sad experience at the friendly town in America…..I am just wondering if anyone else out here has ever had a problem like this in the Villages. Here’s just another thing that seniors must watch out for in the Villages…..Be you own judge but best check those charges on your credit cards every month.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:33 AM

Wow...
Old 10-25-2018, 10:41 AM
Platinum member

I would like to volunteer to be banned for life in your stead.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyarbrough View Post
Lunch experience at the Villages Light House recently was quite inadequate in several ways; poor quality food, high prices and poor service BUT the real problem was discovered later. I keep a;; credit card slips for at least one payment cycle and just happened to notice a strange charge when the credit card bill came in today……..the amount of the lunch including taxes was $XX.33……the amount posted was $XX.99 …. (I always leave at least 10% even if the service and food are of poor quality and often 15% to 20% for good food and service. So I start wondering HOW the tip get inflated by 45%...... Well I figure the only way was to inflate the tip by changing $XX.00 to
$XY 99…..an easy way to make a few extra bucks per day. This has happened to me before when I left cash tip then someone posted an additional charge to the credit card. I of course called management…trying to explain the issue to the Manager and she seemed indifferent to say the least….it became clear to me that she did not want to be bothered with my petty issue and she even threaten to review the security footage and BAR me from the Light House for life because she has been the manager many many years and the named server had worked for her for 9 years and would not do anything like I was suggesting. WOW what a sad experience at the friendly town in America…..I am just wondering if anyone else out here has ever had a problem like this in the Villages. Here’s just another thing that seniors must watch out for in the Villages…..Be you own judge but best check those charges on your credit cards every month.
Don't blame the whole place over the alleged misdeeds of one person!
Old 10-25-2018, 10:50 AM

Never had an issue there. One of my wife's favorite restaurants in TV.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:08 AM
Veteran member

I am confused by your figures. Just tell us the real amounts so we can make sense of this.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:30 AM

The amounts do not matter.....the ticket was inflated by 45%. If your child steals a stick of gum from a supermarket is that ok??? Well how about an armored car or bank......stealing is stealing....and it's really bad when it's from senior folks. Just check you charge cards is all I am saying.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:32 AM

You do realize that senior management was informed....therefore it is the whole organization top to bottom......
Old 10-25-2018, 11:51 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Lighthouse NON RESTAURANT

[QUOTE=blyarbrough;1593072]Lunch experience at the Villages Light House recently was quite inadequate in the

AN ANSWER ???

The first time we went there, 3 years ago, it was really bad, very poor cooking and wait staff, a real bummer. Friends came here and we agreed to try it again. It was Awful, just a mess.
So, we walk in the area a lot, check the workers at the back of the place, smoking who knows what? We think the allure of the lake, the lighthouse is the main item, they do draw a crowd. We think it is a dump in many ways. OK, you are in the villages. I asked a local honest handyman, why is this so common here ?? His answer: The Villages is loaded with older and sometimes not too smart visitors, they fall for the location and also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, THE VILLAGES IS LOADED WITH PEOPLE, WHO HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY AND TOO LITTLE SMARTS. Fair game for anything, be careful. Be safe. Good luck
Old 10-25-2018, 11:55 AM
Sage

Tell the restaurant to run a refund for the amount they overcharged. If they fail to do so then contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. In general, you need to make a good faith effort to have the vendor correct the issue before disputing the charge with your credit card company. Since you have your credit card slip, there really shouldn't be any issue.

The overcharge may have been the result of misreading the amount of tip and the total on your charge slip or they may have fat fingered the keyboard when entering the tip. I would not necessarily assume it was intentional. Regardless, this can be corrected.

Quote:

Last edited by biker1; 10-25-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
The amounts do not matter.....the ticket was inflated by 45%. If your child steals a stick of gum from a supermarket is that ok??? Well how about an armored car or bank......stealing is stealing....and it's really bad when it's from senior folks. Just check you charge cards is all I am saying.
Sorry, based on your vague explanation the ticket was not inflated by 45%. XX.99 - XX.33 = XX.66. That is much less than 45% of XX.33.

What's with trying to complain using using XX?, it is just a restaurant receipt.

Do you still have a copy of your original receipt? What is the total difference between it and your card statement transaction?

With all that said, if there is a difference why do you jump to the conclusion it is due to theft? Mistakes can happen and can easily be corrected.

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 10-25-2018, 12:13 PM
Sage

///

Last edited by biker1; 10-25-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post
Sorry, based on your vague explanation the ticket was not inflated by 45%. XX.99 - XX.33 = XX.66. That is much less than 45% of XX.33.

What's with trying to complain using using XX?, it is just a restaurant receipt.

Do you still have a copy of your original receipt? What is the total difference between it and your card statement transaction?

With all that said, if there is a difference why do you jump to the conclusion it is due to theft? Mistakes can happen and can easily be corrected.
I agree.
If I had this issue, I would have gone down to the restaurant to talk with the manager. Put a smile on my face as I walked in, to point out there was a problem with the charge.....not accuse anybody cheating.
If no satisfaction...……….call the credit card company, they will do a charge back. Issue solved.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Please tell us what you meant to tip and then how much the tip showed up as.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:20 PM
Veteran member

I think I figured it out.

She showed up with 8 people. Menu sez a 15% gratuity will be added to your bill for 8 or more. Your 10% tip was changed to 15% the mysterious 45% figure.

DONE
Closed Thread

Tags
credit, tip, service, card, lunch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.