Lunch at Mallory

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Lunch at Mallory

What a great day. Yesterday I played golf with the girls after long summer vacation from it. (I don't like to play in the heat). We had lunch at Mallory and I had the lunch special for $6.99..Half a a great tuna salad sandwich and WONDERFUL beef barley soup and drink. Really good soup. Our server told us that an older gentlemen had joined the staff and was making the soups and people were showering them with compliments.

Friend had Tomato Basil soup and she said it was yummy too.

Sweetest wait person named Jennifer.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Sage

We did Toojays in Spanish Springs last Thursday afternoon for their great Cabbage Beef Soup. Drink water and the bill is $3.99 plus tax and tip. Ask nicely and they give you a plate of their great bread of your choice at no extra cost. (gave the waiter five bucks tip due to his giving us the bread for free)

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Sage

Mike and I have done the $6.99 lunch at Mallory, too and really enjoy it. We had a half pizza and a salad. Also had a very sweet and attentive wait person. Alas, don't remember her name.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:46 AM

The $4 and $5 lunch specials at RJ Gators are quite good also.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:00 AM
Veteran member

My wife and I had a great lunch out yesterday at our favorite diner, but one would have to come to New Jersey to try it.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2at View Post
My wife and I had a great lunch out yesterday at our favorite diner, but one would have to come to New Jersey to try it.
sigh.....the thought of a good diner makes me a bit homesick.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2at View Post
I'm in Jersey and I love good diner food.......Hopefully your favorite diner is close to the Jersey Shore?
Skip 2
Old 10-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What a great day. Yesterday I played golf with the girls after long summer vacation from it. (I don't like to play in the heat). We had lunch at Mallory and I had the lunch special for $6.99..Half a a great tuna salad sandwich and WONDERFUL beef barley soup and drink. Really good soup. Our server told us that an older gentlemen had joined the staff and was making the soups and people were showering them with compliments.

Friend had Tomato Basil soup and she said it was yummy too.

Sweetest wait person named Jennifer.
Gracie - Our golf group had lunch at Mallory two days in a row last week and we also were fortunate to have Jennifer take care of us both times. What a sweetheart. Pleasant personality and made sure glasses were kept full, lunches were served on time, checks were ready at the right time and accurate. Nice.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
Gracie - Our golf group had lunch at Mallory two days in a row last week and we also were fortunate to have Jennifer take care of us both times. What a sweetheart. Pleasant personality and made sure glasses were kept full, lunches were served on time, checks were ready at the right time and accurate. Nice.
Mallory is the "bomb", our favorite TV eating place!
Old 10-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Platinum member

My daughter and son-in-law are coming to visit later this week. I've already planned a dinner at Mallory.

One thing I really like about Mallory is that one has been able to make
reservations for lunch, even In Season; just make sure the party is more than 5 or 6.

I'm physically closer to Cane Garden, but they are less acommodating than Mallory when a "crowd" is involved!

SWR
Old 10-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to Mickedamouse24
Default Free Bread

$5 tip ... mmmm ... free bread from waiter.... mmm ... me thinks you actually paid for that free bread!!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.