Lunch at Too Jay's & Brooklyn Water Bagel

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2019, 09:13 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

Or a Wahoo's Fish Taco, Mimi's or Baja Fresh!
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA – Wahoo's Fish Taco

Mimi's

Baja Fresh Mexican Grill: Local Mexican Food

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-29-2019, 06:22 AM
Veteran member

I never had a grilled pastrami sandwich and I am from NY. I had a grilled ruben, but not a grilled pastrami. The pastrami sandwiches I have had at Toojay's were always great. Hot pastrami on rye with dark mustard. Never grilled. If you add swiss, then you are close to a ruben, and yes they should be grilled. As far at Brooklyn Water Bagels is concerned, I have been going to them since they opened and they were always great. Recently, whom ever is making the bagels is clueless. They are thin at one end and thick at the other. When you toast them and cut them, they fall apart. Get with the program Lady Lake Brooklyn Bagels and go beck to making bagels perfectly round. PS:The cold cuts at Toojay's are definitely not frozen. Only their muffins and other baked goods. Einstein Bagels are now sold at Publix in the bakery dept.

"I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong."
Old 09-29-2019, 06:49 AM
Sage

The construction and lack of parking a few weeks ago forced use to eat @ Toojays(Brownwood)--ithe food was barely passable- wife had a liverwurst & onion sandwich & had a corned beef--biggest mistake was having their red wine--it was a cheap table wine & it was chilled

bur since it was the only show in town- we scoffed everything & split--won't be back--the corned beef was light years from what I experienced @ Katz's--taste, texture & quantity
Old 09-29-2019, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
The construction and lack of parking a few weeks ago forced use to eat @ Toojays(Brownwood)--ithe food was barely passable- wife had a liverwurst & onion sandwich & had a corned beef--biggest mistake was having their red wine--it was a cheap table wine & it was chilled

bur since it was the only show in town- we scoffed everything & split--won't be back--the corned beef was light years from what I experienced @ Katz's--taste, texture & quantity
My favorite at TooJays is the absolutely incredible Beef Cabbage soup which is sweet and succulently savory. It is my very favorite soup and I love it with their half brisket sandwich (with horseradish sauce on the side). I am Grace Helene Gantner and I approve this message.

(FROM OHIO)

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-29-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:25 AM
Sage

I agree with Gracie. Toojay's beef cabbage soup is the best.

I don't have selective taste buds so I don't get riled up over the quality of food in TV. I go where I feel like eating and it's acceptable enough for me.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-29-2019, 06:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
My favorite at TooJays is the absolutely incredible Beef Cabbage soup which is sweet and succulently savory. It is my very favorite soup and I love it with their half brisket sandwich (with horseradish sauce on the side). I am Grace Helene Gantner and I approve this message.

(FROM OHIO)
Happy you enjoyed the prepared Beef Cabbage soup heated to perfection in the Delux Too Jays Microwave " Perfect ".

The sandwich yum...perfect lunch/dinner...enjoy.

PS: Remind the staff to clean the blinds now and then.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:03 PM
Platinum member

I do not think all three TooJays in TV are equal. I think the one in Spanish Springs is best, IMHO.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:30 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post

It ain't Katz's, or Stage, or Carnegie of blessed memory but it is what we have. Oh, and next time order a beer instead of the plonk.

Tags
bagel, water, jays, brooklyn, chicago

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.