chinese food delivery?

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Default chinese food delivery?

Are there any good chinese restaurants that deliver in TV? We will be moving to TV in two weeks and would love to be able to have some food (other than pizza) delivered while we unpack.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:26 AM

Settle In Style (352-207-5702) will del from any restaurant in The Villages.

The best Chinese food I've found is at the Chinese restaurant in Colony Plaza (can't remember the name.) To the best of my knowledge, there are no restaurants that deliver, unless you want pizza.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post

The best Chinese food I've found is at the Chinese restaurant in Colony Plaza (can't remember the name.) To the best of my knowledge, there are no restaurants that deliver, unless you want pizza.
SAD BUT TRUE.

There are just some days it is nice to meet dinner at the door.

BUT, how fun is it to zip over to Colony Plaza from say...St. James, Sanibel, and the other newer villages in your GOLF CART??
Old 09-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post

The Chinese restaurant is China Gourmet http://www.chinagourmet.us/menuframe.html. We picked up food from there a number of time and were satisfied each time.

We also used Settle in Style once for Bonefish and it worked out well. The fish was look warm by the time we ate, but with the distance involved that didn't surprise me. Will just be careful about what we order the next time if the restaurant is a distance from our home.

It was back in Feburary when we used Settle in Style and what they do is pay with their credit card when they pickup your order from a restaurant (call Settle before the restaurant to order) then they can process your credit card when they deliver. There was a $15 service charge and the woman refused to accept any further tip. She said that the service charge was enough! We will use them again when we return to TV.

BTW, China Gourmet is more of a pickup type restaurant, but they do have some tables where you can sit to eat!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 09-30-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
It was back in Feburary when we used Settle in Style and what they do is pay with their credit card when they pickup your order from a restaurant (call Settle before the restaurant to order) then they can process your credit card when they deliver. There was a $15 service charge and the woman refused to accept any further tip. She said that the service charge was enough! We will use them again when we return to TV.
Their delivery charge has changed (somewhat)...they charge $15 for the first delivery, then $10 for subsequent deliveries to same address. By the time we pay for 2 beverages and leave a tip, that's $10 right there, so it's worth it when we want to eat dinner in our jammies in front of the fireplace.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:50 AM

Thanks for this info. It is very helpful. I love the idea of the delivery service and will check it out. Gracie, We will be in St James and DH has arranged for the new golf cart to be delivered the day after we close so I suspect we will be tooling over there soon
Old 10-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Sage

I just looked up the website for Settle in Style. Thanks for the information. The only downside I see is the 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. service for deliveries. It is nice to know though. I'm writing the number down for future reference.

We ate at Carabba's last night and it was delicious. The little shooter desserts with a cup of coffee are a perfect ending to a good meal.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.