Mallory CC dinner tonight: AWFUL!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalibaba View Post
How about keeping the playing field level. First group comes in at 1:00PM. Orders their lunch. Second group arrives 7 minutes later, orders their lunch, etc.etc. Only one table sits empty until the last group arrives. Now, how about considering that almost always there are other tables available so that other patrons don't have to wait at all. Bottom line is that these people are using a bunch of rules that they are not smart enough to interpret with logic and good sense. Hopefully they will understand when we don't show up in the Summer when they will be crying for our business. You can't alienate us in the Winter and try to kiss our butts in the Summer. I doesn't work that way if you have any concern for who your real customers are.
Good post, totally agree with it except for one word "customers". Regarding the championship clubs, sales office says we are "members" which where I come from are treated better than off the street "customers".
Old 03-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
How about keeping the playing field level. First group comes in at 1:00PM. Orders their lunch. Second group arrives 7 minutes later, orders their lunch, etc.etc. Only one table sits empty until the last group arrives. Now, how about considering that almost always there are other tables available so that other patrons don't have to wait at all. Bottom line is that these people are using a bunch of rules that they are not smart enough to interpret with logic and good sense. Hopefully they will understand when we don't show up in the Summer when they will be crying for our business. You can't alienate us in the Winter and try to kiss our butts in the Summer. I doesn't work that way if you have any concern for who your real customers are.
I think that solution is similar to what I suggested. If you sit two or three foursomes to a table, you should be able to sit and be served fairly quickly. Heck, bring a Coke or a beer to enjoy in the parking lot while you wait.

You mention that there are available tables while you are waiting, however, whenever we are at Cane around midday it is usually packed. You also mention that in the summer the CCs need your business more as they are less crowded. That seems a bit contradictory if they are not full in the winter and not full in the summer.

The restaurants have to make money and they need to keep their help - all by selling food/beverages to golfers, red hat ladies, life style folks etc. They are not like "private" country clubs with minimum spend amounts every month.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Second group arrives 7 minutes later, orders their lunch, etc.etc.
7 min later? Have you read any of the posts about slow play? Closer to 10-12 min for second group with the third another 10-12. If I'm the one waiting for a table while it takes 20 min for your whole table to be present then I'm not happy.

I like Kate's idea (which I have done numerous times), have a beverage in the parking lot or at the last green and talk about the round. Wait for the last group to play (everyone loves an audience of hecklers) and decide where to eat. Then go as a group.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:26 PM

we started going out of the village to eat...went to little Joeys last night very good....
Old 03-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Sage

What was very good? (I've only had pizza there)

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-31-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
7 min later? Have you read any of the posts about slow play? Closer to 10-12 min for second group with the third another 10-12. If I'm the one waiting for a table while it takes 20 min for your whole table to be present then I'm not happy.

I like Kate's idea (which I have done numerous times), have a beverage in the parking lot or at the last green and talk about the round. Wait for the last group to play (everyone loves an audience of hecklers) and decide where to eat. Then go as a group.
Wow! 10-12 minutes behind the group in front of you. Must be mostly the people who have moved on to the Championship Courses well before they have completed their apprenticeship on the Executive Courses.

Having beverages in the parking lot sounds a lot like what people do up North in the parking lots at Public Courses. Tacky!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:54 AM

With the exception of Cane and Palmer.... There is no affiliation between the golf courses and the restaurants that are located at them....the restaurants are open to the public
Old 03-31-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoerauf View Post
Having beverages in the parking lot sounds a lot like what people do up North in the parking lots at Public Courses. Tacky!

Not showering/bathing before entering a dining facility after a sweaty round of golf..... That's Tacky... Thats disgusting.The beer drinking and heckeling in the parking lot I can take.

How about drinking beer, heckleing, and showering in the locker room while we wait for the rest of our group to putt out; before going into the restaurant to eat???

Makes perfect sense to me.. JMHO
Old 03-31-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Not showering/bathing before entering a dining facility after a sweaty round of golf..... That's Tacky... Thats disgusting.The beer drinking and heckeling in the parking lot I can take.

How about drinking beer, heckleing, and showering in the locker room while we wait for the rest of our group to putt out; before going into the restaurant to eat???

Makes perfect sense to me.. JMHO
Methinks you have never been in a semi non existent locker room/shower facility in The Villages Country Clubs. That is a far more revolting option than breaking bread with a bunch of 15 or so equally smelly golfing buddies. Oh well, if you choose to parade around in your birthday suit in what amounts to a public restroom, so be it. I'd rather stink a bit until I get home to my real shower.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Methinks you have never been in a semi non existent locker room/shower facility in The Villages Country Clubs. That is a far more revolting option than breaking bread with a bunch of 15 or so equally smelly golfing buddies. Oh well, if you choose to parade around in your birthday suit in what amounts to a public restroom, so be it. I'd rather stink a bit until I get home to my real shower.
Just as I suspected....entitlement issue.

"I want to do what's best/convenient for me, regardless of how it might negatively impact someone elses experience.".

What of the folks that are unfortunate enough to be seated next to this golf group?

Unfortunately, this is a culture created by the developer..that the proprietors of the local business' have had to endure, but didn't necessarily sign on for. Personally, my hat is of to any bussiness in the villages that is ventureing to break it....

I look forward to some peaceful dining experiences in the villages when I return to the area in May...
Old 03-31-2011, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Just as I suspected....entitlement issue.

"I want to do what's best/convenient for me, regardless of how it might negatively impact someone elses experience.".

What of the folks that are unfortunate enough to be seated next to this golf group?

Unfortunately, this is a culture created by the developer..that the proprietors of the local business' have had to endure, but didn't necessarily sign on for. Personally, my hat is of to any bussiness in the villages that is ventureing to break it....

I look forward to some peaceful dining experiences in the villages when I return to the area in May...
OH MY.

(That is twice I have said that today)

I have golfed for over 40 years and never showered before having a sandwich or drinks with my buddies.

Neither has my husband Sweetie. (I think his hygiene is perfect)

Gracie aka Stinky.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-31-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Wow! 10-12 minutes behind the group in front of you. Must be mostly the people who have moved on to the Championship Courses well before they have completed their apprenticeship on the Executive Courses.

Please!!!

I'm not talking about public rowdiness for god's sake. But just having a water/soda/beer from your cooler while you wait for the others to finish. And try timing it next time - I'll bet it's no better than 9-10 minutes. Could be better but not likely, unless there are 4 of me

And the executive courses aren't meant solely as training grounds.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Please!!!

I'm not talking about public rowdiness for god's sake. But just having a water/soda/beer from your cooler while you wait for the others to finish. And try timing it next time - I'll bet it's no better than 9-10 minutes. Could be better but not likely, unless there are 4 of me

And the executive courses aren't meant solely as training grounds.

Tee times generally start about 7 - 9 minutes apart. Sometimes with more time on the execs. Havana says it should be played in 4 hours and 15 minutes. Doesn't that come out to about 14 minutes a hole?

Also, FYI - Russ' handicap is just about my shoe size....so he is no slacker.

And Gracie, I think I am stinky too. Have never showered after a round when having a drink afterward. Also, usually just grab something quick if we are eating out. I think if I was planning on having the works at Lopez, I would want to clean up my act a bit....

k
Old 03-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
OH MY.

(That is twice I have said that today)

I have golfed for over 40 years and never showered before having a sandwich or drinks with my buddies.

Neither has my husband Sweetie. (I think his hygiene is perfect)

Gracie aka Stinky.
Me neither. Nor do I think it's tacky for a golfer to have beer from his cooler during or after golf.

Pturner aka tacky stinker
Old 03-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

PeeUuuu! Sure am glad I don't golf or I would have to hang out with all you tacky stinkies!

The Villages Florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.