Mallory CC dinner tonight: AWFUL!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2011, 07:16 PM
Sage

WARNING: Stay upwind of this crew!

Bill
Old 03-31-2011, 07:41 PM
Smile

OK, I wasn't going to comment on this one, but I can't control my fingers. After ten plus years of visiting TV for a couple of months a year, I have listened to how bad the snow birds are, how crowded the restaurants are, how bad the the roundaboubts are, how congested the area is, how the dogs are screwimg up the squares, and how hard it is to get tee times.
All of this is ture some of the time, but if you don't like it - MOVE. You are in a great place and YOU are not going to make it like the old home town because that's what you escaped from. ENJOY your new life and thank God every day that you had the opportunity to spend your leisure years in THE VILLAGES.
I split time in two other locations but I still look forward to my two months in TV. I'm just saying--------!
Irish Rover
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 03-31-2011, 09:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Rover View Post
OK, I wasn't going to comment on this one, but I can't control my fingers. After ten plus years of visiting TV for a couple of months a year, I have listened to how bad the snow birds are, how crowded the restaurants are, how bad the the roundaboubts are, how congested the area is, how the dogs are screwimg up the squares, and how hard it is to get tee times.
All of this is ture some of the time, but if you don't like it - MOVE. You are in a great place and YOU are not going to make it like the old home town because that's what you escaped from. ENJOY your new life and thank God every day that you had the opportunity to spend your leisure years in THE VILLAGES.
I split time in two other locations but I still look forward to my two months in TV. I'm just saying--------!
Irish Rover
Old 04-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Irish Rover
Glad you didn't control your fingers
Old 04-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish rover View Post
all of this is true some of the time, but if you don't like it - move. You are in a great place and you are not going to make it like the old home town because that's what you escaped from. Enjoy your new life and thank god every day that you had the opportunity to spend your leisure years in the villages.
amen
Old 04-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Irish Rover
Old 04-01-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Tee times generally start about 7 - 9 minutes apart. Sometimes with more time on the execs. Havana says it should be played in 4 hours and 15 minutes. Doesn't that come out to about 14 minutes a hole?

Also, FYI - Russ' handicap is just about my shoe size....so he is no slacker.

And Gracie, I think I am stinky too. Have never showered after a round when having a drink afterward. Also, usually just grab something quick if we are eating out. I think if I was planning on having the works at Lopez, I would want to clean up my act a bit....

k
Depending on which Championship Course you play Tee Time intervals are either 7 or 8 minutes. The fact, true or not,that it takes about 14 minutes to play a hole has nothing to do with the price of apples, so what's your point? Simple fact is that if you start 7-8 minutes apart you should finish 7-8 minutes apart.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoerauf View Post
Depending on which Championship Course you play Tee Time intervals are either 7 or 8 minutes. The fact, true or not,that it takes about 14 minutes to play a hole has nothing to do with the price of apples, so what's your point? Simple fact is that if you start 7-8 minutes apart you should finish 7-8 minutes apart.
That's true in theory. But we all know that some groups can cause issues. But this distracts from the question about whether all the foursomes should come together to the restaurant. I contend they should and my suggestion was to wait for them at the course as I said. If they all come 7 min. apart that's great, but please don't make 2 - 3 parties who are ready wait at Cane during the busy season while your other foursome tables lie empty for 15-20 min. Don't see how anyone could say that's right. During the off season when there are empty tables - OK with that. That's my take on it.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Gold member

May I suggest that you use the time you wait for your friends to finish playing to clean your golf equipment. It will save you time when you get home. Whenever I wait at the golf course, I try to find something useful to do to fill the time. That would include digging out a few weeds to improve the course.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
OK, I wasn't going to comment on this one, but I can't control my fingers. After ten plus years of visiting TV for a couple of months a year, I have listened to how bad the snow birds are, how crowded the restaurants are, how bad the the roundaboubts are, how congested the area is, how the dogs are screwimg up the squares, and how hard it is to get tee times. All of this is ture some of the time, but if you don't like it - MOVE. Irish Rover
I don't the kveching is really done seriously! It's just human nature to kvech about things, even in Paradise.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I don't the kveching is really done seriously! It's just human nature to kvech about things, even in Paradise.
I always wondered how to spell it.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
That's true in theory. But we all know that some groups can cause issues. But this distracts from the question about whether all the foursomes should come together to the restaurant. I contend they should and my suggestion was to wait for them at the course as I said. If they all come 7 min. apart that's great, but please don't make 2 - 3 parties who are ready wait at Cane during the busy season while your other foursome tables lie empty for 15-20 min. Don't see how anyone could say that's right. During the off season when there are empty tables - OK with that. That's my take on it.
OK. Got it! During busy season they can treat you like trash. In the Summer when they are crying for business you should kiss their butts. WOW!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
OK. Got it! During busy season they can treat you like trash. In the Summer when they are crying for business you should kiss their butts. WOW!
Say Mhoerauf,
Methinks you have um... very creative interpretive skills. He said nothing of the sort.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Say Mhoerauf,
Methinks you have um... very creative interpretive skills. He said nothing of the sort.
Following is the quote I was referring to: "please don't make 2 - 3 parties who are ready wait at Cane during the busy season while your other foursome tables lie empty for 15-20 min. Don't see how anyone could say that's right. During the off season when there are empty tables - OK with that"

I've highlighted the phrases that I was interpretively commenting about in red to help you find them.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate....

The Villages is still a very "seasonal" community(November-April).
Suppose alot of these business only make money in those months, and operate in the red in the remaining(feeding expences from seasonal savings). Certianly, I have witnessed many organizations in other highly seasonal demegraphics close their doors in the off season; pocketing the profits from a lucritive season...as opposed to re-investing them back into the year-round residents and staff.

Personally, If I owned a business in the villages, and I did not recieve your full cooperation and support in "season" when I needed it most.. You could go somewhere else in the off season as well... (remember, the good restaurants and country clubs get better in the off season, and the bad ones get worse or go out of business).

Can we think for 2 seconds...of all the courtesies these establishments extend, exclusively to those of us who are here in the "off-season"(I am only there in the off season, blessed)...The promotions and specials, the ability to pick-up tables in the dining rooms as we come in sweaty off the golf course, extended happy-hours, the extra time owners, management, and staff get to spend visiting with us?? Consider these things are done in gratitude... cause it's not making them more money.

I suggest we get over thinking these business' owe us something because of year-round residency...it entitles you to "NOTHING".

Thanks for what you said Irish...and Russ, you're always "the man".
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.