Mallory CC dinner tonight: AWFUL!!

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2011, 06:55 AM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate....

The Villages is still a very "seasonal" community(November-April).
Suppose alot of these business only make money in those months, and operate in the red in the remaining(feeding expences from seasonal savings). Certianly, I have witnessed many organizations in other highly seasonal demegraphics close their doors in the off season; pocketing the profits from a lucritive season...as opposed to re-investing them back into the year-round residents and staff.

Personally, If I owned a business in the villages, and I did not recieve your full cooperation and support in "season" when I needed it most.. You could go somewhere else in the off season as well... (remember, the good restaurants and country clubs get better in the off season, and the bad ones get worse or go out of business).

Can we think for 2 seconds...of all the courtesies these establishments extend, exclusively to those of us who are here in the "off-season"(I am only there in the off season, blessed)...The promotions and specials, the ability to pick-up tables in the dining rooms as we come in sweaty off the golf course, extended happy-hours, the extra time owners, management, and staff get to spend visiting with us?? Consider these things are done in gratitude... cause it's not making them more money.

I suggest we get over thinking these business' owe us something because of year-round residency...it entitles you to "NOTHING".

Thanks for what you said Irish...and Russ, you're always "the man".
Thank you. Very Well put. We have that here in RI and I do miss some of the places I go when they are closed.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats;3***02
Thank you. Very Well put. We have that here in RI and I do miss some of the places I go when they are closed.
I also agree with Russ and Sunday.......great explanation.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoerauf View Post
Following is the quote I was referring to: "please don't make 2 - 3 parties who are ready wait at Cane during the busy season while your other foursome tables lie empty for 15-20 min. Don't see how anyone could say that's right. During the off season when there are empty tables - OK with that"

I've highlighted the phrases that I was interpretively commenting about in red to help you find them.
My point is that during the off season they have room to do what you say without bothering anyone. In the on season, to do what you say, would cause someone (either your foursomes or other diners) some wait. I say first come first serve if there is a wait involved.

Don't see how you can't understand my points.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston;3***12
My point is that during the off season they have room to do what you say without bothering anyone. In the on season, to do what you say, would cause someone (either your foursomes or other diners) some wait. I say first come first serve if there is a wait involved.

Seems simple enough to me.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

me too. Thanks again Russ.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston;3***12

But I do see your points! By now you should probably have figured out that I simply don't agree with "your points"! Hopefully now you and your several supporters understand that I disagree with "your points"! Got it?
Old 04-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Default Term New to Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
I always wondered how to spell it.
A new term for me so I googled it. Came up kvetching:
- - - -
kvetching - definition of kvetching by the Free Online ...
kvetch (kv ch) Slang. intr.v. kvetched, kvetch·ing, kvetch·es. To complain persistently and whiningly. n. 1. A chronic, whining complainer. 2. A nagging complaint ...
www.thefreedictionary.com/kvetching -

- - - -

I guess it is our American Way to kvetch, even in Florida's Friendliest Hometown!! Can't wait to move down and kvetch!!

I agree with "first come first serve".

Don't know the rule at TV about separate checks, but when I've been North of the Mason-Dixon line, I've found the restaurants wouldn't divide the check up when you have 4 or 6 people in your party. We end up with "green visors and stubby pencils" trying to figure each person's share! For some reason the guy who got chopped steak didn't want to share the cost of my lobster by doing a "cost averaging".
Old 04-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoerauf;3***67
But I do see your points! By now you should probably have figured out that I simply don't agree with "your points"! Hopefully now you and your several supporters understand that I disagree with "your points"! Got it?
Russ,

Not only is he rude, he disagrees with you! Golly gosh! And here I thought he was just.... oh never mind... Not worth being snarky over...

k
Old 04-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Eternal Member

Old 04-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Haha Bonny,

I probably needed this one....

k
Old 04-04-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Russ,

Not only is he rude, he disagrees with you! Golly gosh! And here I thought he was just.... oh never mind... Not worth being snarky over...

k
My comments are neither impertinent, or irreverent in tone or manner, in case you didn't know what snarky means. Time to recognize superior intellect! If Russ in Boston was here in TV his comments might be more relevant.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoerauf View Post
My comments are neither impertinent, or irreverent in tone or manner, in case you didn't know what snarky means. Time to recognize superior intellect! If Russ in Boston was here in TV his comments might be more relevant.
I believe you overlooked the "sarcastic" portion of the 'snarky' definition.

Not sure I understand the 'superior intellect' comment. Any other info appreciated.

Thanks -
Bill
Old 04-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Old 04-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Not sure I understand the 'superior intellect' comment. Any other info appreciated.

Thanks -
Bill
Inquiring minds would like to know!
Old 04-04-2011, 03:12 PM

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.