Mallory CC dinner tonight: AWFUL!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
In referance managemant of Mallory and Glenview... Randy P. is a partner and common denominator in both restaurants...but to my knowledge has limited involvement in both. He runs his restaurant in Belleview... while the Country Clubs are operated by 2 different partners of his... Hince the vast difference in the in the organizations. Just FYI
Makes sense - thanks for the info.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Once in awhile we get a not-so-good meal, not a bad one, though. For the most part, we get great service and great food in all the restaurants in the Villages.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Veteran member
Default Three times

We give places three times if by then 2 out 3 are bad we dont go back. Mallory is one we dont go to not in the last 2 years. Did try about 8 months ago same thing couldnt get a drink 35 minutes and we did ask the server 2 times about our drinks. I guess they just didnt like us not that I really care Beef O Bradys has always been good service food etc. It is what it is
Old 03-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalibaba View Post
A very interesting perspective. By the way, how do you explain the fact that Glenview (One of your Good choices) and Mallory (One of your stinko places) are both run by the same person, Randy Perkins.

Actually I think both of these are mediocre at best. Common to both, and Cane Garde, is their very poor treatment of Golf Groups of 12 - 20 players, none of whom they allow to sit down until all are present. They think it's OK to make Group #1 wait 30-40 minutes until the group on the 14th green finishes # 18. When I finish my round I want to sit down, have a drink and order a meal. I don't want to be bullied by an arrogant Manager of Hostess who have no conception that golfers don't want to wait until the last group finishes to be seated.
Hi Bigalibaba,
If the first group holds seats for 30-40 minutes until the group on the 14th hole finishes, should other patrons who come in during that time have to wait for a table while seats are saved for people who will be there 40 minutes later?
Old 03-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
There is a very easy to understand problem here. If I took a poll of 1000 Villagers on CC food quality, I would have a fairly consistent pattern. Lopez, Palmer and Cane Garden would be at the top, Glenview close, OB and Hacienda in the middle and Tierra, Mallory and Havana at the bottom. Order might vary by one position or so but it would be close. They all have the same buildings and kitchens and parking lots. They all hire their staff from the same pool of talent and they all have the same customer base. There is only one difference of any significance. Now I have been accused of being in an ivory tower, even snarky for saying this, but that is just the lack of knowledge of those people. Management is the only difference. If I shifted those managers right by 4 places, within 90 days the pattern would follow the management.

Follow Warren Buffett. He only buys companies with solid management that have a proven track record. Now yes, that leads to good earnings history, low debt to equity, and solid value, but it is because of the management. Follow the successful mutual funds and it always because of the management. Listen to Adam Bold or Ric Edelman and there whole sales pitch is the mutual fund manager.

Can good managers fail? Sure. Usually as a result of an outside force. War, earthquake, flood, fire, or some event outside their control. 100% of all problems in any business are owned by the management of that business. Good managers solve those problems and deliver results. I don't care what the business is the rule is the same.

The good places to eat have good management. The bad ones ...........
I agree. One might argue that an owner didn't provide management with the resources needed (e.g., enough staff or quality product), but that is the owner's part of the management equation.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi Bigalibaba,
If the first group holds seats for 30-40 minutes until the group on the 14th hole finishes, should other patrons who come in during that time have to wait for a table while seats are saved for people who will be there 40 minutes later?
I think Bigalibaba's point was that he wants to be seated when he is finished golfing, and not wait for his compadres. Perhaps I'm missing the point here.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I think Bigalibaba's point was that he wants to be seated when he is finished golfing, and not wait for his compadres. Perhaps I'm missing the point here.
Yes he wants to be seated but that would mean holding the other places empty until all get there. If you have 3-4 foursomes and you seat the first foursome that would be about a half hour to 45 min before the last group arrived.

Not sure how I feel about this. I do know that I don't want to be told that it will be 30/40 min wait and I see 2-3 four tops empty while they finish their round. Don't think that's fair either.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Yes he wants to be seated but that would mean holding the other places empty until all get there. If you have 3-4 foursomes and you seat the first foursome that would be about a half hour to 45 min before the last group arrived.

Not sure how I feel about this. I do know that I don't want to be told that it will be 30/40 min wait and I see 2-3 four tops empty while they finish their round. Don't think that's fair either.
Thanks Russ. That's what I was trying to say.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Mallory et al

Thank you all for reaffirming my belief that eating out ought to be an exception rather than the rule. Too often I found the wait to be long , the food just adequate and the price not commiserate with the experience. I therefore seldom eat out prefer to eat in even when I am going out. I only found three places locally in 5 years that I would return to. Make that two I had brunch at one of them yesterday to celebrate a birthdayand will never go back. I will never make a recommendation nor will I freely offer negative feedback. To each its own P.S. I married an excellent good who mentored under my mother
Old 03-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I kinda agree Rubicon. I know most people enjoy dining out, but I kinda like my own cooking...especially since most restaurants these days serve a lot of premade food, kinda like the restaurant variety of a TV dinner.

Last night at Cane, one of my favorite restaurants, I ordered roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy. It was O.K., not completely hot. Not awful, not wonderful.

Now there are things I love at Cane, their salads and their burgers are always top notch...and the servers are just wonderful...always.

I have another confession to make. I like to grocery shop too.

Gracie.
Born in the wrong century.

I don't like to clean up, but Sweetie does that for us. I'm so lucky.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Thanks Russ. That's what I was trying to say.
Me too - it doesn't seem fair to the restaurant owner, the staff or other patrons to hold tables for 20 open for so long. If there are 5 foursomes playing, you are looking at 40+ minutes from the first group to the last group.

If Big Al wanted to be seated with the foursome immediately after his, then no worries...
Old 03-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have another confession to make. I like to grocery shop too.
Don't tell anyone but I'm with you. Maybe we can leave Sweetie and Linda home and hit the market!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:27 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Don't tell anyone but I'm with you. Maybe we can leave Sweetie and Linda home and hit the market!
i would like to join that trip! Love to do the grocery shopping. Only trouble is I add to the list.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Mallory

Folks left out "cook" in my last post meant to say My wife is a good "cook". Scary when you realize you had an unintentional mental pause. I do not have the shopping gene but again I am married to a wonerdful woman although she is a couponaholic. A byproduct I am afraid of being reared in a family with 8 other siblings, and her father wasn't even catholic. Anyway careful shopping and cooking at home help us reduce spending or at least diverts spending toward items of a more lasting nature. I have a brother who unbashfully proclaims that he likes going out and likes being waited on. I agreed but reminded him that its good to be waited on as long as you don't have long to wait. Essentialy we all spend about the same amount of money it is just a matter of where. All of you enjoy your passions
Old 03-29-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Hi Bigalibaba,
How about keeping the playing field level. First group comes in at 1:00PM. Orders their lunch. Second group arrives 7 minutes later, orders their lunch, etc.etc. Only one table sits empty until the last group arrives. Now, how about considering that almost always there are other tables available so that other patrons don't have to wait at all. Bottom line is that these people are using a bunch of rules that they are not smart enough to interpret with logic and good sense. Hopefully they will understand when we don't show up in the Summer when they will be crying for our business. You can't alienate us in the Winter and try to kiss our butts in the Summer. I doesn't work that way if you have any concern for who your real customers are.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.