Mallory CC dinner tonight: AWFUL!!

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Gold member

We a moving to the Villages shortly. In the process of packing up this old homestead and shipping it down south. Y'all complaining about the places to eat should come visit us. We have 7, thats right, 7, places to chose from with out a 50 miles or longer drive. Can't wait to get to a place with over 200 to chose from and BTW, only 3 are worth while. We are headed to one today for Honey's birthday. She's only 29 with some change.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Protection Instructor
Retired Army Military Police Investigator - 20 years, 4 months, 13 days
Retired Deputy Sheriff/Corrections Officer
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor
All skill is in vain when an Angel weewees in the flintlock of your musket.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica View Post
We a moving to the Villages shortly. In the process of packing up this old homestead and shipping it down south. Y'all complaining about the places to eat should come visit us. We have 7, thats right, 7, places to chose from with out a 50 miles or longer drive. Can't wait to get to a place with over 200 to chose from and BTW, only 3 are worth while. We are headed to one today for Honey's birthday. She's only 29 with some change.
Thanks for that reality check!! Yes, I'm staying here in TV!

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:16 AM

not sure what the Greek Ostrich was referring to but once again we went to the Mallory Country club. But a group of us went last evening and everone thought it was great. it cost us $22 so what can you expect. The portions were big the food was hot and good and Colleen our waitress was a lot of fun and very courteous.What could be any better for $22. Our guests were extremely pleased.
Lay Away Queen
Old 05-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

First let me say that I would not make a good food reviewer! I am like my mother; "easy to please". My mother was always positive and never grumpy, when she had a meal it was always "delicious". I too almost always find something good about a meal, even if it isn't five star quality. I had a superior at the company I worked for that considered himself a wine and food connesseur (sp?). He almost always had to reprimand the staff or send something back when he ate out. I usually found everything to be excellent and was very happy with my meal. Which of us do you think was generally happier? It seems to me you go through life with the choice of being easily pleased or hard to please. While some people laud the hard to please people as being discriminating and possessing high standards, I see them as generally unhappy people. Now that is not to say that truly shoddy service or badly prepared food, or a dirty environment are acceptable, but I simply find that to be a rare exception. By the way, I LOVE Mallory!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Veteran member

I also enjoy Mallory.Always had a fine dining experience with food and service.My only "negative" is the noise.The room seems to hold the noise in.Lighthouse is that way too but would not keep me from dining at either place.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:19 PM

I have found all the country club restaurants to be inconsistent but mostly good experiences as the food is usually decent and inexpensive. Glenview I find is a little skimpy on some of their meals for what they charge and Havana still has service problems. They all have good days and some not so good days.However I find them all acceptable and as I said, usually a good dining experience.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I promised myself that I would never critque a eatery here on TOTV. A previous poster said " we are easy to please". I believe that is the key if you are one of those individuals who likes to eat out. One measurement to watch has to do with turnover, either as to the eatery itself and /or its management and staff. Good luck in your hunt to bag the "big one"...oH I meant to say the "good one"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.