McCalls never again!!

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2019, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

I really don't spend any time in restrooms watching what people, employees or not, are doing. Makes me kinda wonder.
Further what about the non employee not washing their hands and then touching the door, then what do you do? Oh, I know don't touch the door.
Probably could go on and on...…..
Posting on here hoping your post will hurt their business also makes me kinda wonder.
And by the way had lunch their with 5 friends on Thursday.....are we all going to get sick and die?
Lastly the fried chicken was excellent.

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 05-04-2019 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I really don't spend any time in restrooms watching what people, employees or not, are doing. Makes me kinda wonder.
Further what about the non employee not washing their hands and then touching the door, then what do you do? Oh, I know don't touch the door.
Probably could go on and on...…..
Posting on here hoping your post will hurt their business also makes me kinda wonder.
And by the way had lunch their with 5 friends on Thursday.....are we all going to get sick and die?
Excellent points. Sort of like the people using the hand wipes, scrubbing up like they're going into surgery, prior to going in to the grocery stores. They then proceed to touch many surfaces once in the store.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
...These things are taught children in the first five years and now little ones are with caregivers that most parents would not give their car keys to.

I understand your concern, but I will still go to restaurants to eat. We have all survived several decades with this probably happening a lot.
Gracie, dear! First five years? I was potty-trained at 2-1/2 years old. When I was three I started training my friends.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:44 AM

My husband, retired military, used to work the C and NCO clubs on bases thru-out his career and after retiring. He has always said "never look in the kitchen of ANY restaurant or you will never eat there again". My sister has worked 3 different 5 star restaurants in Pittsburgh over 25 years and she agrees..... don't look at the kitchen. Folks, we have lived long enough to be here at this age after eating in many restaurants in our lives..... we have all lived through it. I don't think it's gonna' get us now!!!
Old 05-04-2019, 11:53 AM

By far, my biggest concern is going into the physician's office, signing in with the pen that every other patient has signed in with...... what brought them to the office???? Then you sit down and pick up a magazine that every other person has been touching..... NO, not me. I carry my own pen and I don't pick up anything any other patient may have touched. Just my old operating room nurse background at work..... Sometime just sit and think what you touch every day of your life and the potential consequences..... then sit back and realize that you have survived it all, lol
Old 05-04-2019, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
I think that at our age most of us deal in the realities of life that are not always pretty.

Talking about it here won't change things.

You could have told her that it bothers you to see her not wash her hands after using the bathroom.

Or you could have just imagined she peed and positioned the toilet paper not to touch her personal area.

These things are taught children in the first five years and now little ones are with caregivers that most parents would not give their car keys to.

I understand your concern, but I will still go to restaurants to eat. We have all survived several decades with this probably happening a lot.
Perhaps it is me. I do not get the constant (two threads alluding to "age") carping on young people as if we (I am 80) were the cleanest, smartest, most intelligent people the planet. As if we were ideal in every way in our time.

WE WERE NOT.

Kitchen back in the 50s were much dirtier and no laws of much to protect us, so harping on the young folks is not only unfair but not worthy.

After the second world war, the "greatest generation" and they earned that title, we think we were the very best, but I do not believe that. Did we have those who broke the law, who were not good people or citizens....sure did, but first of all, anything and everything they did was not paraded to the world on twitter or the news or any of the instant gratification sites we have. Thus what the heck did we even know.

A human being is a human being. We are all products of our culture......used to be that LYING was a terrible thing to do...not so much anymore.

We (my generation), in my opinion, are not as wonderful and perfect as we want to believe. We surely did not live with the pressures that this group of young people are exposed to.

Being concerned about passing on disease and germs is admirable but please, do not pass it off as if we were the cleanest, most hygenic generation.

All this age stuff is just an excuse......and it probably was when we were young.....not sure but sure makes sense.

If you want to use age, and I think it is being used terribly on the two threads involved, so be it, but for me.....I think our young people are smarter, more moral than we think (Please no links to young people and crime) We seem to like to demoralize ourselves with statistics.....but dont see much about the college educated or the outstanding young people we have in this country.

To this thread.......kitchens were much worse when we were young.....laws were inferior inspections were spotty at best so patting ourselves on the back quickly is just wrong.

Let's address the accomplishments of the young people....lets not tell them how wonderful that we were at their age....they are smarter than us and know better
Old 05-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
And then go stick their hand in the peanuts.
Eww...
Old 05-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Perhaps it is me. I do not get the constant (two threads alluding to "age") carping on young people as if we (I am 80) were the cleanest, smartest, most intelligent people the planet. As if we were ideal in every way in our time.

WE WERE NOT.

Kitchen back in the 50s were much dirtier and no laws of much to protect us, so harping on the young folks is not only unfair but not worthy.

After the second world war, the "greatest generation" and they earned that title, we think we were the very best, but I do not believe that. Did we have those who broke the law, who were not good people or citizens....sure did, but first of all, anything and everything they did was not paraded to the world on twitter or the news or any of the instant gratification sites we have. Thus what the heck did we even know.

A human being is a human being. We are all products of our culture......used to be that LYING was a terrible thing to do...not so much anymore.

We (my generation), in my opinion, are not as wonderful and perfect as we want to believe. We surely did not live with the pressures that this group of young people are exposed to.

Being concerned about passing on disease and germs is admirable but please, do not pass it off as if we were the cleanest, most hygenic generation.

All this age stuff is just an excuse......and it probably was when we were young.....not sure but sure makes sense.

If you want to use age, and I think it is being used terribly on the two threads involved, so be it, but for me.....I think our young people are smarter, more moral than we think (Please no links to young people and crime) We seem to like to demoralize ourselves with statistics.....but dont see much about the college educated or the outstanding young people we have in this country.

To this thread.......kitchens were much worse when we were young.....laws were inferior inspections were spotty at best so patting ourselves on the back quickly is just wrong.

Let's address the accomplishments of the young people....lets not tell them how wonderful that we were at their age....they are smarter than us and know better

Good post and nope...it's not just you.

There are a lot of very positive things about the younger generation(s)...that should be applauded.

The American Future is NOT bleak (poke here)
Quote:

Researchers find that both conscious and unconscious bias regarding race and sexual orientation declined significantly between 2007 and 2016.

For racial attitudes, this change was largely generational, whereas the more relaxed attitudes toward sexuality were found in the population as a whole.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 05-04-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:45 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
...I think our young people are smarter, more moral than we think (Please no links to young people and crime) We seem to like to demoralize ourselves with statistics.....but dont see much about the college educated or the outstanding young people we have in this country.

Bravo!
Old 05-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Bravo!
Henry. Do you like the Chicken at McCalls? Will you still eat there?

I wasn't talking about age, I was talking about hand washing and restaurant cleanliness in general. And worrying about things that won't change.

I know you are a good cook and I am sure you wash your hands after you go to the bathroom. As do most of us, and our grandchildren. Our kitties do too.
Old 05-04-2019, 04:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Henry. Do you like the Chicken at McCalls? Will you still eat there?

I wasn't talking about age, I was talking about hand washing and restaurant cleanliness in general. And worrying about things that won't change.

I know you are a good cook and I am sure you wash your hands after you go to the bathroom. As do most of us, and our grandchildren. Our kitties do too.
I seem to remember the time when two guys walked into a men's room at the same, one a MI fan, the other a Buckeye fan. When leaving the Buckeye fan started for the door and the MI fan stopped him and said "in MI we wash our hands after peeing" the Buckeye fan responded "in Ohio, we don't pee all over our hands".
Old 05-05-2019, 06:07 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

How about those beer mugs. Triple dip solution, never wiped and served to you.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
I seem to remember the time when two guys walked into a men's room at the same, one a MI fan, the other a Buckeye fan. When leaving the Buckeye fan started for the door and the MI fan stopped him and said "in MI we wash our hands after peeing" the Buckeye fan responded "in Ohio, we don't pee all over our hands".
Too funny!
Old 05-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

At McCall's I wash my hands before I go to the bathroom. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2019, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
At McCall's I wash my hands before I go to the bathroom.

Closed Thread

Tags
back, week, regularly, 4-5, times

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.