McDonald's in Colony Plaza

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Gold member
Default McDonald's in Colony Plaza

So early this Saturday am, about 7:15, I decided to head over to McDonald's in Colony Plaza for a cup of coffee. When I got there maybe 10 people were in the parking lot talking and told me to forget about trying to get into the restaurant. Turns out the morning manager did not show for work and someone finally got hold of another manager who did get to the restaurant soon around 7am but it was going to take another hour or so before they would be ready to open for the day.

Makes me wonder what is the problem with Colony between the gas station, the loss of the pack-n-ship and now McDonald's or am I overreacting???

Last edited by spk7951; 04-03-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,355 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk7951 View Post
So early this Saturday am, about 7:15, I decided to head over to McDonald's in Colony Plaza for a cup of coffee. When I got there maybe 10 people were in the parking lot talking and told me to forget about trying to get into the restaurant. Turns out the morning manager did not show for work and someone finally got hold of another manager who did get to the restaurant soon around 7am but it was going to take another hour or so before they would be ready to open for the day.

Makes me wonder what is the problem with Colony between the gas station, the loss of the pack-n-go and now McDonald's or am I overreacting???
Overreacting, the manager overslept.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk7951 View Post

Makes me wonder what is the problem with Colony between the gas station, the loss of the pack-n-go and now McDonald's or am I overreacting???
What happened to Pack and Ship!

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 04-02-2011, 06:19 PM

Pack and ship closed down - something I will miss resulting in having to go north. I have remarked that the McDonald's in Colony is not one I would patronize if it weren't so much closer than 466. Horrible service and the floor is always s mess not to mention the condiments area.

Remaining establishments in Colony are top notch, especially Peachwave.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

yes you are overreacting.....gn
Old 04-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

During our short time in TV we got food from the McDonalds. We didn't go inside but got food, including breakfasts, several times from the drive thru window|The Villages Florida|and were 100% satisfied.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Default McDonalds

Colony McDonalds is way better than it was a year or two ago, and seems to serve safe food -- Who made the mess on the customer side ??? -- Most busy restaurants have messy floors in the work area during rush, so please don't eat off the floor -- Been there, done that and rate Colony above most of the fast food in the area -- Lucko
Old 04-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Gold member

The reason I asked about Pack & Ship was because about a year ago I returned a Kindle to Amazon because it was defective. My wife took it to P&S to return it to Amazon. However Amazon never received it nor did UPS have any record of the shipment. Therefore I have to surmise that someone at P&S took it. My wife didn't get a receipt because we had a return label issued by Amazon for the item to be returned. A word of warning - if you're going to ship an item be sure you get some kind of a receipt. Fortunately for us Amazon CS believed our story and we weren't charged for the non-returned Kindle.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 04-03-2011, 07:37 AM

I too went to Mickey D's on Saturday morning at 7:15. On the way while driving down Buena Vista, a lady tailgated me like you woudn't believe, Guess who? Your'e right. It was the manager that had overslept.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
The reason I asked about Pack & Ship was because about a year ago I returned a Kindle to Amazon because it was defective. My wife took it to P&S to return it to Amazon. However Amazon never received it nor did UPS have any record of the shipment. Therefore I have to surmise that someone at P&S took it. My wife didn't get a receipt because we had a return label issued by Amazon for the item to be returned. A word of warning - if you're going to ship an item be sure you get some kind of a receipt. Fortunately for us Amazon CS believed our story and we weren't charged for the non-returned Kindle.

John
The rates at P&S are very high when compared with carrier rates for shipping. I tried them once and the shipping rate was nearly $10 more the USPS.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Veteran member

Being in Colony doesn't have anything to do with one another...McD's, P&S and gas station. I'd say it's all individual issues. McD's in my opinion must be a "gold mine" as it's ALWAYS busy!! The store is way too small for the volumn of business in there. At least in the order area. Could use some enlarging in my opinion. Sometimes the wait-staff seems a bit slow but I've generally been satisfied there.

P&S...as someone pointed out is a bit pricey and we've generally made the drive to the USPS over in Fruitland Park or Lady Lake.

Gas station...historically has been having issues. We stopped in there when it was barely open and had some things going wrong already. Coffee/latte machines weren't working back then. I remember something wonky with the restrooms and when I mentioned all this to the clerk, she said it was management and she was quitting.

I think alot of times when businesses aren't flourishing in certain areas of expertise...it's a management issue. McD's should do alright. Have you ever heard of one going "under"???
Old 04-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
The rates at P&S are very high when compared with carrier rates for shipping. I tried them once and the shipping rate was nearly $10 more the USPS.
I used P&S only once because I ran into the same situation. When I called to challenge the rate (thinking they had somehow made a mistake) they were very short with me and basically said "tough, those are our rates". Last time I was ever in there.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
McD's should do alright. Have you ever heard of one going "under"???
Actually yes, and when I saw the first one to do so, I was surprised. But over the years I have seen a couple. I doubt this is an issue only here in Jacksonville.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:33 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrgeezer View Post
Actually yes, and when I saw the first one to do so, I was surprised. But over the years I have seen a couple. I doubt this is an issue only here in Jacksonville.
Had one here in North Kingstown, no longer have one in North Kingstown. Thought we were the only one. Guess we wasn't/
Old 04-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Sage

Let me see if I got this straight. The McDonalds mgr was late for work and now this location is going to close.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.