McDonald's at Magnolia Plaza

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2022, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Gee Zeus! They're out of their minds. Well, I guess the Morse's have to get their "Villages Vig" and franchise fees are high. Not surprised I guess. Do they at least still give free peanuts?
Have you been to one outside TV?

Pretty much the same price... I guess they have to pay the "Villages Vig" as well...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-24-2022, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Gee Zeus! They're out of their minds. Well, I guess the Morse's have to get their "Villages Vig" and franchise fees are high. Not surprised I guess. Do they at least still give free peanuts?
Come on Ed……………….
Your not a Morse basher.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:35 AM

I find it hard to believe that someone would actually start a thread asking how the food was at a new McDonald's! Folks: it's the same all over the planet Earth for this franchise, isn't it?
Old 06-25-2022, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,707 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefin View Post
I find it hard to believe that someone would actually start a thread asking how the food was at a new McDonald's! Folks: it's the same all over the planet Earth for this franchise, isn't it?
Yes. That is why it has been one of the most successful restaurant franchises ever created. Consistency.
Old 06-25-2022, 12:14 PM
Sage

Other restaurants should take a cue from McDonald's. Be consistent. Mezza Luna was my go to place for pizza until last week. They used way too much cheese and the manager did nothing. So, they lost my business. How hard is it to have a pizza recipe and actually follow it?
Old 06-25-2022, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Other restaurants should take a cue from McDonald's. Be consistent. Mezza Luna was my go to place for pizza until last week. They used way too much cheese and the manager did nothing. So, they lost my business. How hard is it to have a pizza recipe and actually follow it?
Was there last week with a good sized group and thought food was very good and served in a timely manner.

Have noticed that most restaurants make pizza slightly different than others. More cheese, less cheese, more sauce less sauce, etc. And dont let me get started on the dough
Old 06-25-2022, 12:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Was there last week with a good sized group and thought food was very good and served in a timely manner.

Have noticed that most restaurants make pizza slightly different than others. More cheese, less cheese, more sauce less sauce, etc. And dont let me get started on the dough
Different restaurants have different recipes. But, the same restaurant should use the same recipe every time. Not, all of a sudden use 3 times as much cheese.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Different restaurants have different recipes. But, the same restaurant should use the same recipe every time. Not, all of a sudden use 3 times as much cheese.
Would have made my wife very happy with all that cheese.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefin View Post
Well, no. It used to be, up until maybe the 70's. McDonalds held control over stores with an iron first. The thing you could always depend on with them was no matter where you travel you KNEW what you were getting.

Those days are long gone. Now, each franchise can be very different, dirty or clean, fresh food or old. I had to quit going to McDonalds because I drink Diet Coke and what many of them served did not taste anything like Diet Coke. I don't know if it was a cleanliness issue or if the franchise was using an off brand, but I gave up year ago.

I tried the one at Magnolia and it served actual Diet Coke and is convenient to grab a breakfast sandwich when we have to go to Gainesville early for a doctors appointment.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Blame it on the new guy!
Old 06-25-2022, 03:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
Burgers grilled at home. Soooo much better.
Amen to that............

Wife and I are terrible when it comes to going out to eat.
She's such a great cook and we both enjoy just, well, staying home.
Old 06-25-2022, 07:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Amen to that............

Wife and I are terrible when it comes to going out to eat.
She's such a great cook and we both enjoy just, well, staying home.
Of course 5hey are so much better, I certainly would never call them good. The term is convenience.

People working three jobs to pay their rent don’t have time to cook, they need fast. People on cross country trips that can’t afford any extra time for fine dining, and on and on.

If everyone was as lucky as those of us that can afford to retire here are, McDonalds would have ver few customers.

But sadly they have a lot of customers, and people that eat there or similar places are dying by constantly eating that food. In moderation, it is bad, as a constant diet it is poison.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
Of course 5hey are so much better, I certainly would never call them good. The term is convenience.

People working three jobs to pay their rent don’t have time to cook, they need fast. People on cross country trips that can’t afford any extra time for fine dining, and on and on.

If everyone was as lucky as those of us that can afford to retire here are, McDonalds would have ver few customers.

But sadly they have a lot of customers, and people that eat there or similar places are dying by constantly eating that food. In moderation, it is bad, as a constant diet it is poison.
McDonalds is not the only restaurant killing us.
Old 06-25-2022, 10:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
McDonalds is not the only restaurant killing us.
Very true sadly. It does seem the healthier you want to eat, the more expensive it is - either eating out or at home.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russtcc View Post
It's open! Anyone been there? How is the food and service?
My steak was great. Tender and medium well just as I ordered. The veggies were slightly overcooked but still good. Service was good too
Closed Thread

Tags
mcdonalds, magnolia, plaza, open, food

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.