Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2019, 07:38 PM

And, the price for each?????
Old 10-14-2019, 07:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
You should have got the Egg McMuffin. That is the best thing sold at McDonald's. If you want a burger, go to Burger King and get a Whooper. If you want chili, go to Wendy's. If you want tacos, go to Taco Bell. You just need to know how to shop. I don't like anything at Culver's.
No way. Go for the Sausage McGriddle with a packet of maple syrup..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 10-14-2019, 07:53 PM
Smile

We had salads from Culvers for lunch today in Michigan. The fish is good as is the cole slaw. I love their ice cream. We will try Wawa when we get to TV next month.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:09 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Culver's.... it's no contest....
Old 10-15-2019, 07:20 AM
Gold member

I am always amazed to see that Mickie Dee's always leads the "fast food" restaurants in sales. I find it to be neither fast nor food. Given the choice, I'll go to Wawa and get a sandwich, which is head and shoulders above McDonalds in quality and taste, and seems cheaper (I haven't really compared actual prices). Must be all that advertising works, but not for me.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I believe their equal..I avoid both
Old 10-15-2019, 07:41 AM
Sage

Haven't eaten at McD's in years, since they changed their cooking practices. The "old" FF were the best around but then someone decided that the oil wasn't "healthy". I started getting "sick" if we ate at McD's....think it's the gluten intolerance (for me).

That said though...Culver's is leagues ahead. IF you're gluten intolerant, you can even get a G.F. bun.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
I thought we had our "fast-food" quota for the next 10 years settled. But after both of you, I feel I would not be a good neighbor and Villager if I didn't try WaWa after such glowing endorsements.
So it's a pretzel melt according to CB and I wonder what the Nuckster (or anyone else) recommends from WaWa?
BK I give you my Solemn Oath that the Meatball Sangwich will have you thinking you are back home again. I think it's the Bread. I didn't have time to analyze it. It was there and then gone in the blink of an eye.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
You should have got the Egg McMuffin. That is the best thing sold at McDonald's. If you want a burger, go to Burger King and get a Whooper. If you want chili, go to Wendy's. If you want tacos, go to Taco Bell. You just need to know how to shop. I don't like anything at Culver's.
We think alike. Egg McMuffin is the only food I go to McD's for, because they are very good. I might have one every two months. I hadn't been to Burger King in 15 years, but the new one in Trailwinds on 466A is spotless and the burgers have a BBQ flavor, which I had forgotten about. They are decent and the meatless burgers are edible and taste like a burger, but expensive, I believe the meal is $7.99. My problem, the Whopper is too big and the Junior is too small, so I found Wendys is the best, see below.

Wendys I hadn't been to one since 2011 and I went last year to the SS location. You're right, the chili is good, the only thing close is Steak N Shake Chili Supreme, but that place is a zoo. Why they don't spend a little money and expand that front into a waiting area. Always a line at Steak N Shake going in and getting out, confusion city. As far as Wendys, they have the best burger, I didn't realize it was juicy and not too big like a Whopper and not too small like most others.

Taco Bell have great soft tacos for a quick bite, I can't wait for the new one at Trailwinds. Went to Fiesta Grande at Colony yesterday and had Lunch #6, soft meat taco and just rice, but for two people with drinks and a tip, it's $25.

Culvers ate there six times or so when they opened. I was not impressed with the burgers, what's the big deal. What I did really enjoy was the shrimp dinner. Six shrimp with good sauce, really good cole slaw (which is nice) and good fries all for about $8.

I eat lunch out everyday but Sunday, so can't always have a great sit down meal. I also like Outback, their 6 ounce lunch sirloin meal for $12.99 is nice. Want something different, do you like Catalina dressing, order the salad with Tangy Tomato Dressing. It's their own and they even sell it for $5 to take home. Be careful, it's hot.

I also enjoy McAlisters Deli at Brownwood, my favorite is the French Dip. It's sliced roast beef (not rare) with melted cheese on a toasted bun. We've been going every Monday for 3 or 4 years since they opened. Last week we went and the line was out the door. October is a big change in TV. They also have the best potato salad around.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:36 AM
Sage

I usually only go to McDonald's as a last resort. A few years ago four of us were driving home from MCO after a day of late flights and at 1:00 am McDonald's in Leesburg was the only place open. All of us were grateful.

And yesterday, I was squeezed for time in between a doc appointment and a meeting and needed something to get by before dinner. Picked up a 1/4 pounder w/cheese. Shared it with DH. It might as well have been a gourmet meal from the Chop House, it tasted so good!

Going to try Culver's on BK's recommendation before the memory of that 1/4 pounder fades.

Last edited by Carla B; 10-15-2019 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 10-15-2019, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

[QUOTE=asianthree;1688643]Turn off at Culver’s is while better, the sodium and calorie count on anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Seems this thread is about comparing McD’s to Culver's food taste,
and not about wether you like fast food or not!
Ya missed the Culver’s while better, the sodium and calorie count isn’t
Old 10-15-2019, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Probably have not been to a McDonald's since before moving to the Villages in 2005. Culver's was good. I tried it just after they opened.

The nieces and nephews would crave McDonald's so we would get it when Tal, Tar and Zac were around.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:54 PM
Sage

how about a comparison of Charmin vs Scott, will be more important to most villagers than Culvers vs McDonalds-
Old 10-15-2019, 03:28 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
After my knee jerk reaction-go to Wawa & get a pretzel; melt--OMG
OK, give. What is in the WAWA pretzel melt?
Old 10-15-2019, 05:17 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
how about a comparison of Charmin vs Scott, will be more important to most villagers than Culvers vs McDonalds-
Or a comparison of Prep H vs Tucks will be more important to Villagers than WaWa vs Circle K. I don’t believe in eating in gas stations
Closed Thread

Tags
culvers, mcds, big, fries, burger

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.