McDonalds vs Culvers

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2019, 05:30 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

The debate is a false narrative. Culvers and McDonalds are not really competitors. McDonalds competitors are Burger King, Arbys, Wendys, Whataburger and maybe White Castle and Krystal. Culvers competitors are Square One, Five Guys etc. McDonalds and Culvers do not consider themselves as competitors specifically.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:14 AM
Sage

Wawa Pretzel melt==Pretzel dough shaped like a bagel. smoked turkey ,bacon, & ranch dressing--really good
Old 10-16-2019, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
how about a comparison of Charmin vs Scott, will be more important to most villagers than Culvers vs McDonalds-
That is just YOUR opinion. I would say that "most" villagers enjoy both McDonalds and Culvers. "There is more to the universe than in your philosophy, Horatio."

Quarter pounder with cheese..and hot apple pie.YUM. (McDonald's)

Single with cheese and tomato and lettuce and pickle and onion and mayonnaise. …. and a Frosty...(Wendy's)

Butter burger and hot fudge sundae. (Culvers)

Cheeseburger and sweet tea. (Arnold Palmer) THE BEST BURGER AND SWEET TEA I HAVE EVER HAD ANYWHERE.

AND....I do eat a wide variety of other foods, both good for me and not good for me. We only live once.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:05 AM
Sage

Most people drive Chevy's and Fords--doesn't make them the best--try something new , you might like it--didn't know from Wawa till one year ago, my bi-weekly pit stop was a Egg Mc Muffin and a cup of coffee-haven't stepped into a McDonalds since I discovered Wawa--same goes for Dunkin Doughnuts and Panera
Old 10-16-2019, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Most people drive Chevy's and Fords--doesn't make them the best--try something new , you might like it--didn't know from Wawa till one year ago, my bi-weekly pit stop was a Egg Mc Muffin and a cup of coffee-haven't stepped into a McDonalds since I discovered Wawa--same goes for Dunkin Doughnuts and Panera
I will have to try Wawa. I am a big Subway fan.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

Culvers...Really? What's maintenance at Wendy's and Taco Bell mean? Yo Quiero Taco Bell.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I will have to try Wawa. I am a big Subway fan.
WaWa hogies/subs are far superior to Subway.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Many people don’t consider gas station dining tasty or enjoyable but it has it’s merits for the very low budget crowd. To each their own, bon appetite!
Old 10-16-2019, 10:54 AM
Sage

Not what you may consider low budget, the Admiral & myself both drive $200K + worth of Benz's--, never had a budget, never had a mortgage, we know what is good, and we ignore fluff and BS--Wawa is not just a gas station-- its a great pit stop on your way to your destination--best bang for the bux IMHO

Last edited by Chatbrat; 10-16-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:12 PM
Sage

MacDonalds, WaWa, Burger King, etc., if you are concerned about your diet you would never step foot in those places. High salt levels, processed food, high fat content, etc., not very healthy food. Just sayin ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Many people don’t consider gas station dining tasty or enjoyable but it has it’s merits for the very low budget crowd. To each their own, bon appetite!
Old 10-16-2019, 12:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Before Krauser's bought all the Wawas up in Connect-the-dot, there were no Wawa gas stations. They were just convenience stores that competed with 7-11s, which also no longer exist there.

On the other hand, Cumberland Farms has the best gas station coffee I've ever tasted.

In addition, truck stop diners are known for hearty, well-made, very tasty food with amazing locally-made pies. And they are ALL gas stations, by definition.

As for low-budget crowd, the only time I ever get a taco from Taco Bell is if I'm desperately hungry, in a mall that has one, and have less than $3 in cash in my purse. I'll get 2 of the dollar-menu tacos (or $1.29 or however much they are these days) and a kid's cup of water. And now I won't even do that, since they just pulled all the ground beef out of their stores due to the presence of metal shavings found in them.

For McDonald's, I sometimes get a craving for the fish sandwich, or a Big-Mac. But I always take out the middle piece of bread. I probably should just have them build me a double-cheeseburger with special sauce, lettuce, pickles, onions, on a normal burger bun. It'd be a lot cheaper.

For Burger King, I used to like the Yumbo sandwiches but they don't make them anymore. Then I was on a cheesy-tots kick. But I worked there for 3.5 years and we used to just grab them from the fryer when the boss wasn't looking. Free eats is better than cheap eats!
Old 10-16-2019, 04:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Before Krauser's bought all the Wawas up in Connect-the-dot, there were no Wawa gas stations. They were just convenience stores that competed with 7-11s, which also no longer exist there.

On the other hand, Cumberland Farms has the best gas station coffee I've ever tasted.

In addition, truck stop diners are known for hearty, well-made, very tasty food with amazing locally-made pies. And they are ALL gas stations, by definition.

As for low-budget crowd, the only time I ever get a taco from Taco Bell is if I'm desperately hungry, in a mall that has one, and have less than $3 in cash in my purse. I'll get 2 of the dollar-menu tacos (or $1.29 or however much they are these days) and a kid's cup of water. And now I won't even do that, since they just pulled all the ground beef out of their stores due to the presence of metal shavings found in them.

For McDonald's, I sometimes get a craving for the fish sandwich, or a Big-Mac. But I always take out the middle piece of bread. I probably should just have them build me a double-cheeseburger with special sauce, lettuce, pickles, onions, on a normal burger bun. It'd be a lot cheaper.

For Burger King, I used to like the Yumbo sandwiches but they don't make them anymore. Then I was on a cheesy-tots kick. But I worked there for 3.5 years and we used to just grab them from the fryer when the boss wasn't looking. Free eats is better than cheap eats!
NOT sure I'd admit doing that even if it was years ago. Glad I don't frequent B.K.!!!
Old 10-16-2019, 04:49 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Not what you may consider low budget, the Admiral & myself both drive $200K + worth of Benz's--, never had a budget, never had a mortgage, we know what is good, and we ignore fluff and BS--Wawa is not just a gas station-- its a great pit stop on your way to your destination--best bang for the bux IMHO
You and the Admiral are most certainly to be admired!

Tags
culvers, mcds, big, fries, burger

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.