Mediocre Meal at Tierra del Sol

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Sage
Default Mediocre Meal at Tierra del Sol

Last night, my wife and I and another couple dined at Tierra del Sol and all had the All You Can Eat Haddock dinner for $12.99. They had theirs grilled and I had mine fried. The grilled was not very flavorful and was quite dry. The fried was good tasting but pretty greasy. Service was very good, drinks were very reasonable in price, and the entertainment was very, very loud.

They have stopped giving a free cream puff or other pastry dessert at Tierra del Sol. That was always a little special thing I liked.

I am not saying it was a bad meal but just not a very good meal. It also might have just been an off night for the chef - who knows? This experience is not going to keep me from returning but will rethink Friday night there versus Mallory Hill.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Last night, my wife and I and another couple dined at Tierra del Sol and all had the All You Can Eat Haddock dinner for $12.99. They had theirs grilled and I had mine fried. The grilled was not very flavorful and was quite dry. The fried was good tasting but pretty greasy. Service was very good, drinks were very reasonable in price, and the entertainment was very, very loud.

They have stopped giving a free cream puff or other pastry dessert at Tierra del Sol. That was always a little special thing I liked.

I am not saying it was a bad meal but just not a very good meal. It also might have just been an off night for the chef - who knows? This experience is not going to keep me from returning but will rethink Friday night there versus Mallory Hill.
Tierra del sol is fairly old by villages standards, but in the real world it is really not old at all. However, it has the feel and smell of an "old" establishment, and don't mean that in a good way. The meals I have had there have always been acceptable at best, never stellar. IMHO Mallory is always the better choice.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.