Meza Luna….

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Default Meza Luna….

We cannot believe how downhill this place has gone, what a shame. Went last night at 6;30 to order a drink and some appetizers…Wait until you hear what happened…Ordered a grey goose and tonic..Sorry we are out of goose..Ok how about a ketel one and tonic…Sorry out of that..Ok, lets try Absolut…nope that one out too...Ok give me what you have with tonic..
Then: We will have two appetizers, the crab cake bites and the bruschetta..

Wait 20 min…Came back out, Sorry they just told me we are out of crab..

Ok give us the caprese salad..Ok…Salad comes out , we ask for balsamic vinegar,, Sorry we are out of that..

Then, and you won't believe this..Two other couples beside us..

They order chicken wraps,, sorry out of chicken.
The other two ladies at the end of the bar order a flat bread pizza…Sorry the pizza oven just broke...
WHAT??? We are watching all of this unfold in amazement! So, my hubby asks to speak to the mgr..Younger gent comes over obviously does not want to! Talks to the other servers and bartender first before slowly coming over..Hubby explains all that just happened..He says,," Well, we got busy this past weekend and still waiting on a truck…Hubby says , really? Thats your answer..Then hubby says to the mgr, You really don't care do you? Gent says,,, well nah.. I have no excuses..walks away then proceeds to fuss at the server for sending him over to talk to us....
We were all in shock! The craziest part of this story is..They are located right in front of a Publix market that was open and sells…YEP you guessed it!...Crab,Chicken,and balsamic vinegar! If anyone knows the owner of this rest, pass this story along just in case they happen to care...
We are really starting to think they may be in the process of closing down, if not, they should be…...
Old 01-06-2015, 09:31 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlou View Post
We cannot believe how downhill this place has gone, what a shame. Went last night at 6;30 to order a drink and some appetizers…Wait until you hear what happened…Verbatim:
Server:
Holy Cow! The server was a mime?
Old 01-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Holy Cow! The server was a mime?

Mr. Chicken. You wit you. I just love your posts.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:43 AM

sorry but I hit enter by mistake before I finished typing..Just needed a few more minutes to edit before the replies started….
Old 01-06-2015, 09:46 AM
Eternal Member

Such a shame to hear this. Especially if they don't care. Being a manager, he is probably stuck taking the fall for the owners and may be frustrated. I don't think they give their managers the authority to take care of things on their own.

I have to say, we used to go there quite often and enjoyed it, but we haven't been there for quite awhile.
I just never think about.

Last edited by Bonny; 01-06-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:26 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

Restaurants in TV seem to start off with good service and food but go (over time) because of poor management. "Rents" are high and its a very very tough business for "mom & pop" restaurants.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Restaurants in TV seem to start off with good service and food but go (over time) because of poor management. "Rents" are high and its a very very tough business for "mom & pop" restaurants.
When people open a business, they know what the rent is. They already know they have to provide quality and good service if they want to make money. If they aren't able to do that, they shouldn't open a business.
It is a shame. I hate to see anyone go out of business.
They also had some problems with ownership that may have distracted them from doing what needed to be done in the beginning.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
When people open a business, they know what the rent is. They already know they have to provide quality and good service if they want to make money. If they aren't able to do that, they shouldn't open a business.
It is a shame. I hate to see anyone go out of business.
They also had some problems with ownership that may have distracted them from doing what needed to be done in the beginning.

I agree. They know how much it will cost and no one makes them rent here. What people need to know is that the lion's share of the business happens in the high season, which is only three months. That means that they have to maintain themselves on far less income during the rest of the year. That takes some doing.

And Bonny knows many of the back stories. Sorry to hear this kind of stuff. especially in the middle of the high season. It sounds like things are very seriously bad.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:10 AM
Platinum member

I'm really sorry to hear this because I've also enjoyed this restaurant in the past and they seemed to have it together. It's sad really.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Can you explain the "High Rent" ?
Old 01-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Platinum member

Funny, several months ago we were there and they were out of the first two premium vodkas I ordered. I thought at the time "the are going out of business" since a sure sign is when the liquor distributor cuts off credit and goes to cash only. Sounds like it has just taken a little longer than I thought.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:31 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Guess what type of business fails more readily in its first year?

Rent amounts are subject to the laws of supply and demand in the local market

Management is a pivotal factor in a business's success or failure.

Business plans must be realistic and intentionally conservative

There are unpleasant circumstances that could never be predicted and the reason for being intentionally conservative in a business plan.

Cash flow is critical and the continually increase/decrease of population in Florida exacerbates planning. This is especially difficult for restaurants because much of their inventory is quickly perishable
Old 01-06-2015, 02:17 PM
Platinum member

Liked it better when it was Ci-Ci's Pizza.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 01-06-2015, 02:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Can you explain the "High Rent" ?

I am pretty sure you know this , but places in high traffic areas usually can charge more rent than those places which are off the beaten path or away from most activities, and in The Villages situation, that can be described as golf cart reachable.

It is the way in most resort areas. Near the attractions, the rent costs more. Why? Because it can. People are in business to make money, not give stuff away.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-06-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Guess what type of business fails more readily in its first year?

Rent amounts are subject to the laws of supply and demand in the local market

Management is a pivotal factor in a business's success or failure.

Business plans must be realistic and intentionally conservative

There are unpleasant circumstances that could never be predicted and the reason for being intentionally conservative in a business plan.

Cash flow is critical and the continually increase/decrease of population in Florida exacerbates planning. This is especially difficult for restaurants because much of their inventory is quickly perishable
And...drumroll.....never expect to live off the proceeds from your new business for at least the first two years.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.