Belle Glade NEVER Again!!!!! (1-28-2015)

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2015, 07:37 PM
Thumbs down Belle Glade NEVER Again!!!!! (1-28-2015)

Went there tonight just for a burger and it was AWFUL!!!!
Asked for Medium Well and got a burnt and very dry burger!!!
Wasn't happy and not good service either!!!!

Last edited by Moderator; 01-28-2015 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Headline Possibly Misleading in the future.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:42 PM
Sage

Did management provide any accommodation?
Old 01-28-2015, 07:46 PM

I didn't bother with management.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Too bad you did not complain to the manager. They have no way of knowing there is a problem if you do not tell them. You may want to give the management a call and tell them what happened. As I recall this is a new facility, and they may still be working out the kinks.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Too bad you did not complain to the manager. They have no way of knowing there is a problem if you do not tell them. You may want to give the management a call and tell them what happened. As I recall this is a new facility, and they may still be working out the kinks.
Sometimes the manager is the reason the workers are soured and jaded and have given up.

We dined there at Belle Glade on the patio, the second Sunday it was open. There were few customers on the patio and it wasn't like the place was packed or anything, at 1:00 p.m.

Two servers kept pulling a manager outside on the patio, to loudly b**ch about a customer inside who was dissatisfied with their food.

For sure, that customer go NO understanding nor accommodation from that manager. We saw and heard all of the nasty anti-customer "discussions" outside the door, and that manager didn't care one rat's rear end about the customer, the two servers, the food…...or anything.

Seeing what went on behind the back of that customer/couple (and in front of us) made us not go back again since. The food was just okay, but the attitude of those three employees was a huge turn-off. Saw the same attitude from a manager at Evans Prairie a few weeks later (same restaurant group).

Customers can be rude to restaurant workers, I know from experience working in restaurants. But managers cannot berate customers where other customers can hear and see their nastiness. Complaining to a manager like that is a total waste of time.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Sometimes the manager is the reason the workers are soured and jaded and have given up.

We dined there at Belle Glade on the patio, the second Sunday it was open. There were few customers on the patio and it wasn't like the place was packed or anything, at 1:00 p.m.

Two servers kept pulling a manager outside on the patio, to loudly b**ch about a customer inside who was dissatisfied with their food.

For sure, that customer go NO understanding nor accommodation from that manager. We saw and heard all of the nasty anti-customer "discussions" outside the door, and that manager didn't care one rat's rear end about the customer, the two servers, the food…...or anything.

Seeing what went on behind the back of that customer/couple (and in front of us) made us not go back again since. The food was just okay, but the attitude of those three employees was a huge turn-off. Saw the same attitude from a manager at Evans Prairie a few weeks later (same restaurant group).

Customers can be rude to restaurant workers, I know from experience working in restaurants. But managers cannot berate customers where other customers can hear and see their nastiness. Complaining to a manager like that is a total waste of time.
Second Sunday they were open? That manager probably got fired.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:04 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Past posters have said this place is wonderful. If you had a complaint it should have been addressed by you at the time so they could have a chance to make it right which I bet they would have. New places need feedback and at the least given the chance to satisfy you.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:07 PM

Sorry to hear you did not talk to management. On Christmas Eve we had left our take home box with over half of a lobster pie on the table, went to the pro shop, came back 5 minutes later and they had thrown it out. Not looking for any compensation, we emailed management to suggest they hold left meals a bit longer than 5 minutes. Within 1 hour, we had 1 phone call and 2 emails from management telling us they were comping our next lobster pie. We have been back multiple times since.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post

For sure, that customer go NO understanding nor accommodation from that manager. We saw and heard all of the nasty anti-customer "discussions" outside the door, and that manager didn't care one rat's rear end about the customer, the two servers, the food...or anything.

That's not good. Hopefully that manager is gone by now.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I think most on here have found it a good place to eat and know how to approach management when there is an issue. There are always those that will have a bad experience and not come back and I don't find that a bad thing.....if people approach management professionally we all benefit. For those that have a bad experience and don't approach management then it's best to move on.....unless the company's you work or worked for never made a mistake with a customer, then I understand your reluctance to raise the issue......you have never been on the other side.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-28-2015, 10:26 PM

I have eaten here several times and found it to be very good. One burnt burger shouldn't condemn an entire restaurant.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Miller View Post
I didn't bother with management.
I have no problem with someone who provides their own accommodation by just not returning!!
Old 01-29-2015, 01:31 AM

My husband and I dined at Belle Glade for the first time this past Sunday for lunch and we were both very pleased with our meal. He enjoyed his salad and the Cuban Reuben I had was the best sandwich I have ever had and the sweet potato fries were delicious. Also the service could not have been better. True, there weren't a lot of customers but maybe the negative comments have motivated them to get rid of bad employees and improve their menu and service. We will definitely be going back again.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:47 AM

Medium Well!!! That is burnt and dry! A lot of places warn you about beef cooked that well done.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:57 AM
Sage

You know when you don't bother to complain to the management, why bother complaining here...........
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.