Meza Luna….

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Veteran member

We were there last week. We were going to go to the Mexican place nearby but the line was out the door there. There were only a few people in Meza Luma. We actually wondered why there was almost no one there when the closest other restaurant was packed.

I can't figure out how they are running out of so many things with so few customers.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
And...drumroll.....never expect to live off the proceeds from your new business for at least the first two years.
TheVillageChicken: Thank you so much. I do remember that rule now that you produced it.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:05 PM
Default Don't give up on Mezza Luna

We go there often and have always enjoyed good service and food. I was there today for lunch and it was very good. They are preparing to have a wine tasting and dinner on February 4th. Call and get a reservation. Everyone deserves a second chance....
Old 01-06-2015, 04:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
...a sure sign is when the liquor distributor cuts off credit and goes to cash only. Sounds like it has just taken a little longer than I thought.
You got it. The reason they are out of liquor is their distributor cut them off for not paying their bills, same with the food purveyors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krausaj View Post
They are preparing to have a wine tasting and dinner on February 4th. Call and get a reservation. Everyone deserves a second chance....
Wine tasting without wine, that'll be interesting. What ever you do, don't pay in advance.

Next will be the orange tape on the door from the Florida Dept. of (Sales Tax) Revenue.

"Another one bites the dust!'

Skip
Old 01-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Can you explain the "High Rent" ?
"High rent" to me signifies a higher amount than might be expected in a certain location. And don't forget the percentage the developer gets on the total receipts.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
"High rent" to me signifies a higher amount than might be expected in a certain location. And don't forget the percentage the developer gets on the total receipts.
What percent would that be?
Old 01-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Sage

Sorry but Mezza Luna started out with poor service and went downhill from there. We went there very soon after they opened. They had no bread. And no apologies. Later, service was indifferent with many servers standing around chatting with each other. And it's pricey. I really didn't think it would last.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-06-2015, 06:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
And the rent charged was a surprise to the owners? They weren't made aware of it before they signed the lease?...come on!
Old 01-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Gold member

I went to a luncheon there in June. The rude female bartender with ponytail (who used to work at Red Sauce) and the waitress who called our group's hostess a "b*tch" behind her back gave every indication this place was not going to last. There was nobody but our group of 12, and the service was very slow and food was mediocre at best.

Unless an owner who cares is present ALL the time, "While the cat's away, the mice will play"…..and treat customers like they're intruders.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Recently during a meeting regarding commercial doings in The Villages, the question of this "percentage" was asked to the executive (name I don't remember) in charge of the developers commercial division. And he answered to I think hundreds in attendance that there is NO percentage of sales charge added to any merchant and/or restaurant lease.
Answering in such a public forum would lead me to probably believe that he is telling the truth and this percentage theory is bogus. I do not have personal knowledge one way or another. Just relaying what I remember being said recently by someone who should know.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:31 PM
Sage

I certainly won't miss them. When they started serving breakfast wife and I went and had a memorable experience. Halfway through the "ordeal" I was looking around for cameras hidden thinking we were on Candid Camera.
Wife asked for decaf coffee and I asked for regular. After me getting mine and a refill we asked where the decaf was. They said they had to brew decaf. I would think a restaurant would always have decaf available. Then after a long wait the waitress told us that they had grains in the coffee and had to brew another batch. My eggs were floating in grease and I really didn't want to eat them. The experience rated them our personal "cross them off the list".
Old 01-06-2015, 07:13 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

We were there last weekend. It's was the first time for me. (Also was going to go to the Mexican restaurant but there was a wait). I was actually pleasantly surprised. All the tables were full, there was entertainment, and the food was very good. So having been there less than a week ago, they had everything we ordered and it was quite good. Wait staff was also very nice.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:06 PM

Could this possibly be just one bad nite? From everyone else it sounds like this isn't the normal? just askin'
Old 01-06-2015, 09:32 PM

We just home from a lovely meal at Meza Luna tonight. Arrived around 7:00 and I would say it was at least half full. We were greeted by the hostess and promptly shown to a table. Our waitress Darcie was great - took our drink order promptly and answered any menu questions we had. Our friends had a pizza - yes the oven was down yesterday, but it was repaired and operational today. My husband had the Penne Arrabiata and I had the Penne Bolognese - both as good as - or better - than any other Italian restaurant in The Villages. Darcie brought the table a wonderful basket of garlic bread to enjoy with our salads. We had a great time and a wonderful meal.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:33 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
We were there last weekend. It's was the first time for me. (Also was going to go to the Mexican restaurant but there was a wait). I was actually pleasantly surprised. All the tables were full, there was entertainment, and the food was very good. So having been there less than a week ago, they had everything we ordered and it was quite good. Wait staff was also very nice.
I agree, I've been there at least 3 times in the past month. The food was absolutely fantastic and they had everything I requested. They were very busy and had Kathleen Kane singing, it was a lovely evening.

I'd give them a second chance, haven't had a bad meal there yet.

PS, I usually get house wines, I'm not that fussy.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.